Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• RedIndianRobin
    188 posts

@imsiebel4today Well for me the crashes and freezes were fixed by downgrading drivers to 446.16. No crashes in 50 hours. So I won't risking changing drivers now to test with gamebar disabled lol.

• gilly775
    5 posts

Now last night I played again, no crashes, hang ups, anything like that except for one issue. I upgraded the Cartographer building, and my screen went black. I could go into the menu, map, etc., but as far as the game with Eivor, everything was black. If I fast travelled somewhere else, it was still black. I was concerned about saving it and having it load like this, so I quit to main menu. then "continued" the game and it loaded back to normal where I fast travelled to. But no crashes and I didn't do anything different.

• RedIndianRobin
    188 posts

@gilly775 With patch 1.0.2 something got [censored] up in the API coding which is leading to all the crashes/freezes. Hopefully Ubi PC team will roll out a fix with the next title update.

• Horacio_L
    2 posts

Same here,I am using AMD 5700XT. I have tried most of  suggested fixes but still got the random freezing.

• Jutzukan
    Original poster 14 posts

*Update* (fingers crossed)

Through a couple of helpful emails in response to my support ticket and applying what was suggested I have finally been able to play more than 30min without the game crashing to desktop. Was even able to run the benchmark twice, one after the other. Whereas before it would CTD if I tried to bench again after changing settings.

Did some exploring in England just chasing the gold marks on the map and after an hour and a half I was able to just close the game on my own. Which was the first time I could do that instead of it just crashing on me since installing it on release day.

Make your support ticket and upload the files asked for. I hope the rest of you get your game issue resolved.

(After writing all that now I'm paranoid that when I try playing again I'll get a CTD.)

• Troopercooper80
    52 posts

The D3DDRED2 crashes are becoming more frequent for some reason.

At first i thought it was the videocard, but no problem can i discover in terms of technical issues with it.
    It could still be the driver but as i have no reason to roll back (due to everything else working fine) im going to leave the drivers as-is.

For me though, reading the eventviewer logs, it remains clear its Valhalla that causes the crashes.
    It even froze while triggering that error, normally it would just CTD.

Its just way to similar to what AMD and nvidia users alike are experiencing.
    Keep in mind, the error code is a direct reference to the dx12 api, thats got nothing to do with drivers (in rare cases, maybe) but almost always in relation to the app using the api.

• RedIndianRobin
    188 posts

@jutzukan But what did you do to fix it?

• Qc_GodLike819
    1 posts

Anyone found a solution for this D3DDRED2 Error ?

• Troopercooper80
    52 posts

@qc_godlike819 i have not seen it so far since the latest update to the game.

• Horacio_L
    2 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Malek125
    3 posts

Had the same issue thinking my new RX 6800 XT was broken ... also had the crashes in other games like Horizon Zero Dawn (essential in all DirectX 12 games). Than i remembered having the same issue with FarCry Primal and my old GPU. The problem was not DirectX but rather with the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable.

So i did the same as last time and removed all "Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable" via Control Center -> Reboot --> Reinstall the 2015, 2017 and 2019 version (all in one) https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

Playing now for 6 hours straight no crashes 🙂

• BendelaBoombr
    42 posts

@malek125 did you install them all? or could some specific give me names and order?

• Malek125
    3 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Malek125
    3 posts

@bendelaboombr I just installed these two, they include 2015, 2017 and 2019 version:

https://aka.ms/vs/16/release/vc_redist.x64.exe

https://aka.ms/vs/16/release/vc_redist.x86.exe

• jeu_sim
    2 posts

Same problem here ... reinstalling C++ didn't work for me. The support suggested me lots of "cleaning, scanning, updating ..." but the game continues to crash every 30 min or less.

Will we have to wait for a patch ?

• VorHed
    1 posts

Same problem , I tried almost everything but still constant crashes after about 10-30 minutes , RX 6800 XT and i7 8700.

• AngryJay13
    2 posts

I have been having the same issues with my AMD system while playing WarZone and Valhalla. I was getting Gamemanagerservice. when i contacted razer they suggested i turn off my windows defender and run synapse in admin mode. I also moved some ultra settings down to High and i havent had a crash yet.

• longjohn119
    717 posts

@angryjay13 Don't turn off Windows Defender, just make an exception for the game folder ..... Razer telling you to turn your virus scanner completely off is malfeasance on their part

• yosh2512
    5 posts

If the Driver or System not crash, than it´s not an Hardware Issue. It´s Game or API related. Keep in Mind that the Windows Error Reporting Message only says that there was an minor Issue between the Game and the DX12 Api that causes the Game to crash. Maybe it has to do with the old Windows 10 Standby Memory Problem. Look into Taskmanager how much Memory is free and not cached for the System. There are two third Party Tools that could refresh the sys Memory but if you don´t want use it, restart your PC and check if the Issue is still there.

Check your Event Viewer, there are no warnings/criticals Admin or Sys Entrys for this Error. This change when you have Messages like "Live Kernel Event" ,a Display Driver Crash or the whole System freezes, than you should check your Drivers and Hardware but if not, don´t waste your Time.

I have crashes since the latest 1.2.0.1 Update. For me it´s the Game and i must wait for a fix.

• wundermittens
    2 posts

IF YOU ARE USING GOOGLE CHROME, TURN OFF HARDWARE ACCELERATION AND BACKGROUND PROCESSES IN THE ADVANCED SETTINGS UNDER SYSTEM!

I tried EVERYTHING and nothing worked but this did.

Suggested Topics