ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• endby3
    Original poster 1 posts

A few issues I have had after visiting the forums for the first time:

1) Sometimes, especially on long posts, the thread goes partially or entirely dark blue. At first it was just the bottom of the thread, covering up the logo and info at the bottom. But now it covers the entire thread, making it unreadable. I can only see the thread while I scroll because it flashes back and forth between what should be seen and just dark blue. I have attached an image of an entire thread being covered by the dark blue. The thread it is covering is *READ FIRST BEFORE POSTING*.
    undefined

2) Sometimes I cannot click on threads. I hover over the title of a thread and it is underlined like I can click on it, but when I do nothing happens and then I can't click on any threads. I refresh my page and then I can click on the thread.

3) The images/logos are all missing on the forum. I don't know if it is an issue with my browser (firefox) or the forum itself. I think it is also related, but instead of there being an image or words the new topic button says "new_topic_button" with a box next to it like its supposed to have an image or is coded to appear a certain way. This is the same for writing this thread as well. In the top corner it has buttons which say "composer.discard" and "composer.submit" both with a little box next to them as if the coding is broken.I have posted a picture showing the links/buttons that should have images on them.
    undefined

This has also caused problems while writing this thread. In the ribbon are five "boxes" which are broken links. I cannot hover over them to see what they do, but by clicking them I have figured out the first on the left is to upload images and the second is to go fullscreen (which causes issue 4).

4) Leaving fullscreen sends this textbox I am typing in to the top of the screen and I cannot click on anything or bring it down either by clicking and dragging or by scrolling up. I have attached another image to show how the textbox moves to the top of the screen. To fix this, I must refresh my page, but I always make sure to copy everything I have typed before doing this in case I lose everything.
    undefined

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Woofer
    1334 posts

Hey @endby3 - please accept my apologies for the delayed reply to your thread. It is much appreciated that you took the time to report the issues you were experiencing with the Discussions forums to us, and that you shared your feedback!

I'll address each of the points you brought to our attention previously below - please let me know if you have anything else to add or report!

1A. Can you please advise me of the Firefox version you were using to browse the forums when this issue with the blue screen / background was occurring (if known), as well as the type of device you were using to browse with? What frequency would you say that this issue occurred at, and did it happen to only certain threads in particular, or any at random to your knowledge?

2A. As above, knowing the Firefox version number and device in use would be very helpful for us to investigate whether this issue with thread navigation is still ongoing. If you have been using the forums recently, have you continued to experience this issue yourself?

3A. We had a few reported display / navigation issues with Firefox at the launch of Discussions, but most of these are reported as resolved now. For any ongoing or returning issues, you should post in our new megathread for browsing / navigation issues in Firefox. As above, if this is still an ongoing issue for you, please let us know so that we can investigate further. Regarding the post tools, I've already passed forward the feedback from other players that having some "tool tips" to indicate what each button is for would be helpful when hovering over them.

4A. The option it sounds like you are referring to is not a fullscreen option, but the file uploader, which is between the photo icon with the bent corner and the clothing tag symbol. Is this the correct one you were referring to as being problematic, or was it another and I have misunderstood the positioning of the icon you're referring to? Additionally, does this issue persist for you at this time?

Thanks. 🙂

Suggested Topics