Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• xIFoxHound
    Original poster 49 posts

This is probably a small gripe but it’s something I feel like it elevates the atmosphere of a game and I like soundtracks playing as I explore the world. But when I put the frequency of music to “high” there’s barely any exploration music playing in the open world, it’s all silent and just feels very static. Game is great but I think this detail brings the game down just a little bit, especially coming from the previous games soundtrack. Maybe it’s just my game I don’t know, anyone else find there’s barely any tracks playing? Playing this on the Series X btw.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-WhiteRoom
    Community Manager 20 posts

Hey there, thank you for the feedback!

Do you feel like the game is lacking ambient music in specific regions of the game or just in general?

Ubi-WhiteRoom

Official Response
  • xIFoxHound
    Original poster 49 posts

@ubi-whiteroom

Hello, thank you for the response! Yes I feel like the world in general is just lacking in ambient music, the only times where it would play is when synchronising a viewpoint or when your next to an collectible and then it’s back to silence for the majority of the time. I’ve put around 20 hours into the game so far and it’s strange as well, when you start out in the games prologue area, Norway, the music in the open world would play just fine. But after spending about 15 hours in England there’s just barely been any score in the background and it’s a shame as there’s 3 brilliant composers on this game, it would be great if there could be a patch to further increase the frequency of ambient music. This won’t affect those that don’t care for this sort of thing as they can just set it to low, but like I said a detail like this definitely goes a long way to create great atmosphere.

• xIFoxHound
    Original poster 49 posts

@ubi-whiteroom

I’ve also been watching other playthroughs and it looks like there’s more ambient music in other people’s games than my own and I don’t know if it is a bug, and if that’s the case then it would mean I’d have to start all over again. I just thought it’s strange to have the exploration music set to “high” yet there’s barely anything playing in the open world.

• D4rKy26
    64 posts

@steveboy49 i have the same problem this is killing the vibe for me.

• RHYLASS
    32 posts

Under whelming. Yet what is Viking?

• HeRo2055
    3 posts

Its true. I use spotify with ambience music while exploring.

• Daveywavey5252
    5 posts

I've have made my own post on the forum regarding this, but completely agree..... There is a huge lack of exploration music..... Why??

• ftbscreamer
    3 posts

On PC since patch 1.0.4 the music bare plays, even with Music Frequency se to High. Was lots of exploration music before the patch. 😕

• alibassam.27
    1 posts

I can confirm that I'm barely getting any exploration music.

When I first started the game, the music in Norway was fantastic and engaging, I could hear it all the time, but now I can barely get anything, even after setting the frequency to high, this is really killing the mood. There's tons of great music, it's not lacking, it's just not working.

• Smiley_ie
    5 posts

I only started the game yesterday that's one of the things i noticed, I got into a boat and done cinema view there's nothing sounds like a kid playing in a pond Splashing and wind sound the hole sound seems to be off like its compressed at lower hz and strange mix

• AllianceStuck
    156 posts

Same here. Zero music playing in the background. I guess we will have to wait for patch 689.3.2 to fix it. [censored] game

• leolionhunt
    3 posts

Honestly, even setting the music to "high frequency" in the settings does not help. I think on high frequency setting, it only plays 2 times during an entire day or night cycle, which is just nonsense. Ambient music played waaaay more often on Origins and Odyssey, so I do not know what's the issue. Wish Ubisoft could fix this currently useless "high frequency" music setting. But that's like wishing money to rain down from the sky. Ain't happening, but I would be pleasantly surprised if they do fix this for their fans.....soon.

• ThannorUBI
    10 posts

Yes this issue is pretty annoying. And we got silence from Ubisoft side.

It takes at least 10 minutes between tracks while exploring. And thats on High.

• Omgilovesteak
    24 posts

I didn't even know the game had music like that for the first 10 Hours O.o
    Wasn't until i read a post about the music so i went in and cranked the volume up and then turned everything except music down low and i was amazed lol

• Julianovento
    7 posts

The game is great but where's the music? Even at high frequency, the music barely appears and is still very low. Explorations are very quiet. Follow the example of The witcher 3 and put on a soundtrack all the time, MUSIC ALL THE TIME!

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

most of the time there is no music playing the background..

• na7han93
    1 posts

Same happens in Norway. Settings on high and there is a song on every 20 minutes.

• WendysBrioche
    11 posts

@xifoxhound Sounds like a bug.

I do get a lot of silent moments but the music always kicks back in before I get bored.

Probably not enough for everyone's preferences, but the music plays about 20-40% of the time for me and that's enough for me.

I think it could be cool if there was a setting for how frequently music played in the game. Is there already one? I think I might have seen something scrolling through the options but not sure, probably not (Oh wait, duh there is one sorry lol).

On another note, I have to say though I love the music in this game. For various reasons I think it's the best musical score Assassin's Creed has ever had. They combined the styles and work of Sarah Schachner (from the newer games) with the work of the classic old school AC games' composer Jesper Kyd, in addition to the work from the Vikings TV show composer. I think the music in this game was a best case scenario for Valhalla, and was an amazing fan service from everyone involved with the game, it is a soundtrack I truly cherish and can think of as something rare, unique and special.

So ya, maybe they should make the music more frequent for the high setting, or there could be a bug.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics