Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• XX-Artorias-XX
    92 posts

@boo-yah1907 i find that valhalla is too much schematic way to obtain loot.

Better was a mix of loot chest and loot dropped by specific enemy.

They just to create 10/15 more weapon , 10 more set, and gives One to boss or stronger élite in the map.

Or put a sort of "élite Hunt" , where you have to find and kill 10 bastards rogue in the world and loot their set.

Is like a new Activity for end game😬😬😬

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@xx-artorias-xx

thats boring AF, then yiou kill enemy x and get loot and then your still done with no endgame.

random stats on loot works best cos then you a reason to keep killing stuff till you get the perfect combination of stats

• DaelosTheCat
    167 posts
    @daelosthecat

you should stack up so your ready for future content that way you can max out everything right away when yoiu find new gear

I am not playing currently. Half way through the game I got bored, so I quit playing. Will start a new game when they patch it up and no more updates will be coming.

• ImaginaryRuins
    418 posts

@asgardian02 NO random stats on loot. Nioh had this mechanism and it was a complete nightmare trying to get the perfect build - grinding over and over and over, pouring hours and hours into the game not knowing whether you are near the goal. This actually borders on gambling. Loot boxes employ a similar mechanism and why they are banned in certain regions? Exactly because of the randomness of its content, which entices people to pay money and play the game without end, which is BAD. This kind of replayability is negative.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@imaginaryruins

its the best way for replayability and in the end if you want a game where you can spend 1000+ hours in your looking for something to grind/farm no?

The loot in valhalla is [censored] poorly designed. Huge step back from odyssey which wasnt to great either.

• XX-Artorias-XX
    92 posts

@asgardian02 totally random is too much dispersive, i think better way is random loot in a ristrect category.

For example: bandits in the open world can drop wood clave, all piece of armour, and all bandits weapons type .

You have to fight a lot because drop is not sure, and if drop they ramdom drop ONLY 1 piece of all their weapon and set.

There is a lot of "work" ,but you can organize your grind for enemy type.

I love random stats BUT so needs a craft table where ,destroying the same object,you can trasmog or increase the stat that you want to change.

In this way, you have to find 2 same weapon and destroy 1 for use their stats and trasmog to the other.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@xx-artorias-xx

and you honestly think its fun to kill same enemy types over and over?
    That will do nothing for added replay value.

You should really play games as diablo3, path of exile or doom eternal and then report back.

Too many ppl here seem to have only experience with ac games

• XX-Artorias-XX
    92 posts

@asgardian02 if fight Is funny yes, i can combat for xxxxx hours😂

I like random loot like the division, really, but i Just want to make a good idea for every player, not only me and you🙂

• boo-yah1907
    174 posts

@xx-artorias-xx yep i think the dlcs are gonna be about that, i mean they should. The content are too far apart, jorraptor explained it in his last video very well, comparing valhalla to odyssey.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@xx-artorias-xx

thats not possible. You need to cater to a multitude of different players, not 1 player is the same.

• ImaginaryRuins
    418 posts

@xx-artorias-xx Sekiro does not even have random loots and it is only very recently that they added a outfit-changing setting, but the fights are so fun that they alone guarantee so much replayability (matching what your said). The game itself is critically-acclaimed as well.

This in my opinion is what replayability should be, NOT totally-random loots (unless like you said they allow some crafting systems to allow at least some customisation to help players get what they need). Otherwise if a piece of gear has for example 5 traits totally randomly generated each with a different number, god knows how long it will take to get all traits and numbers needed.

Playing with total randomly-generated-number is a bad way to boost replayability, just like withholding a piece of snack again and again from a pet.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@imaginaryruins

diablo3 has crafting systems in place to do just that fix the stats that youd like changed.,

• XX-Artorias-XX
    92 posts

@imaginaryruins if random stats and equip are followed by a crafting table where you can change ( at cost of xxx materials) stats the you want, i think that could be a good way.

BUT, this Is for a gaas game, and valhalla seems not to be a gaas.

So,if we look only at first run, we need to create a mechanics that reward people and allow player to have "all they want" during their run,not only in end game.

Souls loot Is best for me, a large number of weapon and armour, droppable by specific enemy, and you can obtain all during your run( my 1 run was 100 h) 🙂

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@xx-artorias-xx gaas?

NG+ should within a game from the start. That way you can start NG= right away and still know which choices you made during your 1st run and try something different entirely on your second run.

If NG+ comes like 6months there is a lot that you will have forgotten making NG+ far less cool imo anyway

• XX-Artorias-XX
    92 posts

@asgardian02 game as service.
    Like Destiny, the division.

Valhalla is a single player game, and does not have the same strucrure of an online game.

I love if game was a Gaas, i love farm weapon and looking for a better stats, but game has to be build around farm mechanics.

Ng+ works only If there are new Weapon and armour to find, and new enemy or a big challenge in game.
    Withouth this, think about a ng+ of valhalla, same story, same weapon, same mistery ecc ecc

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@xx-artorias-xx

ubisoft doesnt offer enough content to make their ac games games as a service.

there shouldnt be huge caps in between new content, its should be constantly fresh and stuff to do.
    But selling total gear packs and what not also totally defeats the purpose of exploring the world etc.

Its really weird that the yule festival was labeled as a season, when there was nothing to do.

with NG+ you can make some other choice then you did in your 1st playthrough, but seeing how the skill tree is already filled and mastery system is lame there wouldnt any value in replaying th egame to me anyway.

Looks and the W3 with your new playthrough you could make a ton of different decisions, had more points to further improve your build and do cool stuff.

• SuperGamer7829
    29 posts

@ubi-swaguchi One suggestion I have is to create a better system for economy in the game.

Supplies:
    Buy and sell supplies. Sometimes we need some extra silver to buy a rune or whatever and the ability to sell some surplus items would be a great option. If I have leather, I could get 1 silver piece for each leather or 75 silver for a piece of tungsten. I would also increase the price to purchase ore and leather to 2 silver.
    I would like the ability to trade iron ore for carbon ingots. Trade carbon for nickel, nickel for tungsten. Maybe it's 10 nickel for one tungsten, 10 carbon for one nickel, 100 iron ore for one carbon. 10,000 ore for one piece of tungsten seems high...but hopefully you get the idea.
    I also think it would make sense to have scarcity in the economy. As an example, if there is a nickel mine nearby a village, then the nickel is the cheapest there and the further you get from that mine, the more expensive it becomes. Prices around major trading posts or harbours would be cheaper than small villages with little or not economic activity. Sure, players would be spending a bunch of time fast travelling to different places to get the cheapest prices...but so what? If they want to spend that amount of time roaming around to save a few silver on an ingot...then let them.
    An interesting play would be to expand the random ingots found in patrolling guards to merchants moving from village to village. It would be tempting to kill the merchants for their loot at the risk of de-synchronizing, but I could also pickpocket them to try and steal their wares...that being said, why can't we steal from the shops at the risk of being caught?

Weapons & Armour:
    I think I should be able to sell my gear...however the twist that I would ask for is that if I sell it to a merchant in Lunden, then that same merchant should keep that gear until I buy it back (at a profit of course). Generally speaking, I should be able to sell my gear for half the price of what it costs to buy.
    Also, based on the theory of scarcity above, I would adjust the prices of weapons and armour determined by the location I buy it from. Maybe axes are cheaper in Norway or bows are cheaper closer to forests.

Tattoos, ship plans, settlement decorations:
    I like that there is only one spot to get tattoos, but the downside is that I don't have that option to travel to some cool place and get a tattoo that is unique to that shop.
    Tattoos should have different costs based on size.
    I don't think it makes sense to have Reda be the only place to buy decorations and ship stuff. I think logically those items should be available from merchants throughout the realm. Maybe we set up a wood carver in Ravensthorpe where I bring diagrams of decorations that I bought in another town. Same with the ship builder, I should buy those plans or obtain them in other towns and villages.

• SuperGamer7829
    29 posts

@ubi-swaguchi one more quick thought on weapons.

I would even go so far as setting up reputations of villages as being better producers of weapons and armour than others. For example, say Gunnar in Ravensthorpe is known throughout the land as being the best craftsman of swords. So when you go to Ravensthorpe, you can buy a sword that is already upgraded from a basic sword (with a price to reflect that increase in value). There are some logical progressions that can be made from that. If Gunnar is good at making swords, chances are he sucks at armour so weapons in Ravensthorpe are higher grade and more expensive than the lower grade and cheaper armour. Maybe Ravensthorpe doesn't even sell bows because they have no one to make them.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics