Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• iamthespark
    6 posts

I think the rewarding part for me is in the story. Not the story of the forgettable alliances I made, but with the settlement, my brother, Randvi, the townsfolk.

There was a huge swath of time spent grinding through the alliances where the main story line with Sigurd did not process, and that was just heartbreaking.

Really this game should have been 30 hours, not 70.

• Frosthound030
    124 posts

@etny2k go stand in the corner while the adults talk

• martygod12
    Original poster 240 posts

@souldrinkerlp Its like talking to a wall with you, only argument that you get the same piece of gear for the 4165156 time in Odyssey, are you blind or did you notice that in Odyssey there were over 70 different armor styles which all looked different the variety and amount of customization was insane in this game, in Valhalla you have [censored], nothing at all.

And you dont get loot for doing most of things, 50 leather and iron in chest after you spend 10 minutes going for it is a laughable loot. You said you stopped counting enemy camps in Odyssey well I stopped counting times where some stupid chest was locked behing door in some room or underground and you had to figure out how to get in only to get 50 leather nad iron lol. How is that different? I find clearing enemy camps and getting gear all over again much more fun then solving a stupid puzzles every five minutes to get some mats.

World events extremly well crafter? Cmnon most of them are childisch, stupid and over in 30 seconds, Maybe 1 of 10 is actually entertaining, but so it was for side quest in Odyssey and you get at least a proper reward for doing them, so again how is this better?

You are so funny thinking you got some cool different game from Ubisoft, yet Valhalla is same grindy, repetitive game as Odyssey was only without loot, thats all.

• FylkirPanzer
    180 posts

I've completed everything in the game at the present, aside from the little resource chests spread throughout the world and one or two offering altars which require too many fish. Some spoilers for gear.

Gear List (not including store items I've acquired, duplicates, or the pre-order Berserker stuff): Gear will also change appearance when you upgrade its tier with Ingots, with the exception of some weapons which already have their highest appearance by default, i.e. Hemming's Axe, Mjolnir, Gungnir, Excalibur, Vordr's Bite, Lagertha's Axe, Spartan Shield, Sepulcher Axe)

10 Capes/Cloaks (one of which you can only access in Vinland))
    12 Torso Armors (two of which you can only access in Vinland))
    10 Helmets/Masks (one of which you can only access in Vinland
    10 Bracers (one of which you can only access in Vinland)
    12 Pants (two of which you can only access in Vinland)
    16 Bows (5 Hunter, 5 Light, 6 Predator; and one of which you can only access in Vinland)
    4 One Handed Bearded Axes
    8 Light Shields
    6 Heavy Shields
    5 Spears (one of which you can only access in Vinland)
    7 Two Handed Dane Axes
    4 One Handed Hammers (one of which you can only access in Vinland)
    4 Daggers
    3 Two Handed Swords
    3 Flails

To say I'm disappointed is putting it mildly. As much as I understand the frustration of Odyssey's gear system, it was a good system which offered literally tons of options in terms of builds, looks, and transmog. Not to mention it was a nice way to get money or basic resources. Out of all the armor sets in game, I don't even use a full set, since I can equip at least two and be alright with the basic perks. My issues with the current gear is that it looks terrible in it's Mythic Appearance. Hopefully they implement transmog soon because I'm not a fan of all this gold and pointed assassin tails on the bottom of the armor. Then there's the depressing lack of one handed swords, a basic fighting tool in any RPG game.

Exploration is alright, but it's not great. Some things are kind of neat like the Cursed Objects, the standing stones can be a bit frustrating, and Cairns were the bane of my existence. But with as much exploration as we're supposed to do, the world feels empty and as many here put, it's unrewarding. Fun fact, you get a single piece of armor from the Order of the Ancients quest arc but you also have to kill the Daughters of Lerion in order to loot the chest for the armor you need to acquire Mjolnir. Three of the Zealots have items which are needed to eventually acquire Excalibur. Why only three drop something rewarding is stupid, same with all of the Order members. I honestly miss all the opportunity I had for loot via Odyssey's Cult/Order system on top of actual gear in legendary chests spread throughout the world. I just wish there was more in terms of armor and especially armor sets which are grounded in historical reality (I like the Einherjar Set on the Store for this reason, as it's a nice mix of chainmail, leather, and tunic; but it's needlessly covered in blood, which is stupid) I know this is mostly about gear for me, but gear tends to go hand in hand with exploration. They honestly should have shifted Ingots to raids and/or high level enemies, and used all of those chests for armor and weapons. That'd at least double the amount of armor you could get. We'll see how they'll be doing things with the raids and later expansions, but as it stands, this game desperately needs more armor sets, it's sad.

• martygod12

@fylkirpanzer Excellently written I could not have agreed more. Yet some people still dont understant why are so many other players upset with this game.

• FylkirPanzer
    180 posts

@martygod12 With as many complaints that Odyssey had (I personally loved everything about the game except for the lack of shields), I feel the Dev team here went to the complete opposite direction instead of seeing what works, and maybe toning it down "a bit", while implementing a happy middle ground. Instead they hit the inventory/gear system with an Isu powered baseball bat and removed tons of options. Why can't we get Anglo-Saxon armor? Why not get Zealot Armor? Or any of the tons of Vikingr running around with neat and decent looking armor, why can't we get that as well? It honestly boggles my mind why they did this.

I'm really hoping that we get a lot more armor (and one handed swords) in later updates, on top of a transmog system. I'd love a gear dye system (as I dislike some of the metallic colors or tunic colors they went with) but that's wishful thinking probably.

• martygod12

@fylkirpanzer Yes exactly what I said too, I am so glad that there are many others who see it same as me.

• Vecuvia
    1 posts

The biggest issue for what makes it boring for me is that there is close enough to nothing in between the light shows that there might as well be nothing. I want my bulletin posting random quests back. 😞 I still play Odyssey because of those quests ... but with Valhalla, once I am "done" with a region, it's finished. I don't seem to have any reason to go back once I have put out all the lights, which means once I finish this game ... I am done with it?

Also, female Eivor moves like a gorilla. She has this horrific forward hunch and swinging arms posture. What is up with the terrible animation?

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

@martygod12 There are some rewards for World Events. That you don't know that shows me that you didn't finish them.

Multiple world events are linked to houses you can only enter upon completion to get the loot inside.
    You get the cat on your longboat with a world event.
    You get a fox in your settlement with a world event.
    Some will lead you to rewards you can also collect without it.

But I know your answer already: Not rewarding yada yada. There is no point in discussing with you. And the problem is you 🙂

I am currently playing through the story and it is awesome. I love being able to actually play most of the story like an assassin.

• martygod12

@souldrinkerlp Yeah there actually is not mostly

10 Capes/Cloaks (one of which you can only access in Vinland))
    12 Torso Armors (two of which you can only access in Vinland))
    10 Helmets/Masks (one of which you can only access in Vinland
    10 Bracers (one of which you can only access in Vinland)
    12 Pants (two of which you can only access in Vinland)
    16 Bows (5 Hunter, 5 Light, 6 Predator; and one of which you can only access in Vinland)
    4 One Handed Bearded Axes
    8 Light Shields
    6 Heavy Shields
    5 Spears (one of which you can only access in Vinland)
    7 Two Handed Dane Axes
    4 One Handed Hammers (one of which you can only access in Vinland)
    4 Daggers
    3 Two Handed Swords
    3 Flails

This speaks for itself, so go enjoy a [censored] game and have a nice day 😉

Why the hell did you want to get a stupid fox or a cat insted of a gear you actually use in game? :DD

• FylkirPanzer
    180 posts

@martygod12 For some reason I couldn't edit this, but I found one more Light Shield, and you get it after you turn in all Roman Artifacts to Octavian at the Settlement.

But yes, while the cat, fox, and wolf are neat for the settlement, they don't really provide any purpose other than fillers, much like the statues and such you can place around Ravensthorpe, though admittedly, those actually serve a purpose as decoration. So I don't mind being rewarded new cosmetics like that.

• martygod12

@fylkirpanzer Cosmetics are fine if there is also good amount of usefull rewards (weapons, armor) , but in this game you have way to many cosmetics (so many useless tattoes omg), and way too few weapons, armors

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

@martygod12 Because the mentioned loot is worthless? "[censored] game". You should probably leave these forums. Most of the gear has 3 or 4 upgrade steps with different visuals. So multiply it by 3. One ingot equals to a visual change. What I would like is to be able to equip any upgrade level visually because sometimes I prefer previous levels.

Edit: And dont get me wrong. The loot in Odyssey is exactly as worthless. It's btw all you got in Odyssey whereas in Valhalla you get stuff for your settlement. So this is an advancement.

• martygod12

@souldrinkerlp You know I dont want to break it for you, but for every one of you who actually likes the new loot system and thinks it is enough, there are three or four people who dont like it, so that could build you some basic picture about how satisfied players are with the "changes" 🙂

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

@martygod12 Can you show me empirical evidence for that? You make an empirical claim so please provide me with data.

Edit: And a sample size of 20 hand picked people is not representative at all.

• martygod12

@souldrinkerlp Just read through the three most comented discussion on this forum and you will see how many people dont like it and how many does 🙂

• FylkirPanzer
    180 posts

@martygod12 I like the tattoos myself. Sure you don't see them under your armor most of the time, but I sometimes hide all but my breeches so I can run around as a berserker.

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

@martygod12 So you don't have any evidence to back up your claims? Weak! 🙂

• martygod12

@souldrinkerlp I just gave you evidence, if thats not enough for you thats your problem, doesnt mean it is not true 🙂

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

@martygod12 That's not evidence? That's around 30 people complaining in a forum. 30% of the posts in these threads are from you tho.

Edit: We are talking about millions of customers here.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics