Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@kreutzgang

getting armor from the get go immediately destroys your own gameplay though. But yeah, i will never understand why ppl do that.

best route for beginners is to get daggers as they attack super fast and you get them early on, spears drop much later in the game.
    daggers with skill grit should solve any healing issues someone could have.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@asgardian02 well I don't get a lot of things people do, but they clearly do it or the shops wouldn't offer them, and it's quite obvious what tactics were being used here. I guess some people don't have much time to game and it's too frustrating to do nothing but die when you crank up your game for 1 hour every other day or so. *shrug* A lot of people also seem to refuse to play on the difficulty settings most suited to the time and or skill they have, so they just buy stuff to make themselves feel better.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@kreutzgang

no, your right though with your thought process towards the helix store.

I know a guy at the gym who loves MTX to just get everything so he can be a god whenever he has time to play.

• XX-Artorias-XX
    92 posts

Problem Is game design and mechanics that are totally lacking and useless.

I love stamina based combat, but in valhalla is a joke.

Stamina and weight could be a perfect combo : more weight -> more consume.
    But is not what make difference between iron armour or lether armour , if you can ever run and dodge like was naked.

Weight should impact how fast you run,how fast you dodge and how FAR you dodge.
    You should have to choose from different type of armour even because change gameplay, because you can be very fast but fragile or fat and slow but stronger.

This Is a good gameplay.

And weapon.

Ok, we Will have few but UNIQUE .

Whaaat???

UNIQUE in not have same moveset and gameplay impact.
    UNIQUE is have 3 sword with total different moves and attack .

This Is a good gameplay.
    I have to feel different use Excalibur or carolinge, but now has the same gameplay.

Now, valhalla is very poor under loot and gear and gameplay.

You are too strong, and all become useless

• DaelosTheCat
    167 posts

I guess, all one can do is play the story and skip the unrewarding exploration entirely.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@xx-artorias-xx

also plate should gave much stats towards being a tank no?
    Leather then shoul dhave way lower armor and so on and mybe more attack.

These difference arent in the game. In the end there is no real difference.
    Same with the weapons, the base stats on all of that is pretty much the same.

• DaelosTheCat
    167 posts

@asgardian02

Just feels like there is so much wasted potential in this game. In both exploration and combat.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@daelosthecat

as for exploration there are apparantly many secrets and puzzles that still need to be soilved by the community, i started a topic about that, so feel free to chime in

• DaelosTheCat
    167 posts

@asgardian02

That may be a good thing. But for your average gamer it's still meaningless. Here's why.

In Odyssey as you explored, you always found something:

1) Items, which you could use (thus enhancing your gameplay) or convert them into...
    2) Resources, which you could also use to improve your ship (which also enhanced your gameplay), or...
    3) Money, which you could use to learn new inscriptions (this, again, enhancing your gameplay ever so slightly, but constantly making you better at what you wanted to become good at).

So no effort was wasted.

In Valhalla, once you've found that one set of gear that works for your play style and improved it, there is absolutely no reason to further collect ingots. None.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@daelosthecat

yeah i totally agree with you dont get me wrong.

the loot in this game is terrible, and loot especially in a combat game should be worth your while

• speedynl21
    79 posts

@asgardian02
    such a waist of your time, those blue/white dot's don't give any reward, just points, as for ingots, if you have updated the gear you want, they are worthless
    same for rading. if settlement is lv 6 no need for those anymore to

this game is such a let down, if they only had the haf of ody's drops, then it was worth it to explore, (sample) killing a epic animal boss, wat do you get a head
    it shoud give good/great gear to

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@speedynl21

ye i know.

I play on drengr and the world isnt hostile enough, not enough enemies. no cool loot, no challenge, no cool armors and divers weapons (all have heavy damage or light damage or full hp or low hp).
    Sux that there only sets, no legendary items, or unique, or epic stuff. Stas should be random and where are enchantments or ability to reroll stuff?
    Skilltree is totally useless, what doe sit matter if you wear bear/.wolf or raven gear , nothing cos every node is filled eaily, your not forced into mkaing choices whatsoever.

etc etc

• usafirefly7
    29 posts

@martygod12 Yes, you are right down the line. It's a good game but yeah, why couldn't have at least been excellent like Odyssey? Why the backwards development? It's got beautiful graphics. This is a better game than Cyberpunk 2077 significantly. But be at least as good as your previous game!?!

• boo-yah1907
    174 posts

Replying to your headline, totatly for it, especially when your at the end game and have nothing to do. I mean its not very a picnic to spend 2 hours to farm iron and then just beeing able to make 2-3 top tier upgrades... hope the river raids are just all about iron (fingers crossed)

• XX-Artorias-XX
    92 posts

@boo-yah1907 no please, only materials is totally useless.

Need new weapon and armour, game is too easy and really don't Need to be strong.

Game lacks in variety of weapon moveset, enemy, and armour.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@xx-artorias-xx

thats why random loot from enemies would the game more fun, it doesnt hurt to use some stuff from good working hack and slash games.
    Their loot system is much more divers and gives so much more options for cool builds and set ups.

Only gear with sets is super boring to say the least,.

Strong uniques that enhances certain abilities would be cool

• DaelosTheCat
    167 posts

Speaking of exploration, I gotta say I like breaking and collecting rocks / ore. It was fun. But even this was ruined by the fact that you no longer need any of it after a couple of upgrades.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@daelosthecat

you should stack up so your ready for future content that way you can max out everything right away when yoiu find new gear

• boo-yah1907
    174 posts

@xx-artorias-xx oh ok. That was my personal review. But also agree with you as well 1 set can go all the way, thats not allways a good thing, variety and difficulty is required in some areas. Hopefully thats closer to your pov.

• XX-Artorias-XX
    92 posts

@asgardian02 yeah.

This loot system Is good but cutted off.

It was perfect if we had more weapon to find fighting some elite enemy or bosses.

So you will have to Explore, search enemy, lookinf for boss or special unit with unique weapon.

For me,best way is dark souls loot, where enemy XXX could drop ONLY his set , and you have to fight this enemy if you want their set droppet casual 1 piece every time.

I love this Way, because equip is UNIQUE but not limited in one chest, and there are soo much weapon and armour that Is difficult to choose😬😬😬

In valhalla for example you have to fight golia fat man for loot his weapon, his armour,his leg ecc ecc

Now , replayability is not so fun.🙄🙄

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics