Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • ZAKR13L
    Original poster 4 posts

After receiving the hidden blade and doing the "training" I'm supposed to follow Sigurd to the docks. He will walk to the end of the dock and not say anything, I don't have a prompt to speak and nothing progresses the quest. I've tried reloading prior saves, closing and opening the game etc. I seem to be stuck in this quest and I can't proceed.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Velldanas
    13 posts

I was stuck after training with a hidden blade. There are no markers, I cannot run. Sigurd asked to go with him and that's all.

• Velldanas
    13 posts

Okay, I started the game from the beginning. Rushed to this quest and now works fine.
    IDK what happen. It seems to me that this is due to the fact that I lvl\gear'ing a lot while cleaning the map, or because I did not immediately go to the shore to meet Sigurd.

• FusionPhantasm
    2 posts

so the only fix is to start a new game? if that is THE only fix then FFS failsoft GG idiots

• Mister.Shane
    5 posts

Once I have finished the hidden blade training the game tells me to follow Sigurd down to the docks, but he will not move. The game instead gives me a talk option on him. When I press "E" on him to talk he starts walking down to the docks and I follow him there. When we get there... nothing. He just stands there, I just stand there and there we are, two idiots just staring out to sea.

I have tried restarting the whole mission from the start, quick saves and loads also. Moving around the dock to try and trigger something. Moving him around the dock and bumping into him. Tried leaving the area, climbing everything, lighting myself on fire and him also, assassinating more dummies, not talking to him after the training and just rubbing my character against him to try and get him to move. Changing genders also... Nothing works.

If I knew this game was going to be soo broken that I can't even play it then I would have just waited for Cyberpunk in Dec/Jan/Feb (whenever they push it back until)

Also, I tried to launch a support ticket about this issue, but you can't even do that. Don't we pay you enough money to even have a working website and player support page Ubisoft?

• Seufz
    4 posts

@mister-shane

Have a similar issue where the hidden blade training does not continue. No markers, no running, no talking. Great fun.

• Ubi-Swaggins
    Ubisoft Support Staff 340 posts

Hello everyone, I am sorry to hear that you have encountered these issues.

If you could, can you also provide a small video? There are a few reports of issues with this quest so I'd like to ascertain exactly what is going on to know if there are multiple issues for the devs to investigate.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Swaggins
    This post is deleted!
    Official Response
  • ZAKR13L
    Original poster 4 posts

@ubi-swaggins

Not 100% used to the forums and how to attach videos, so, here's a YouTube URL to my video of the issue. Hopefully that is okay.

• Seufz
    4 posts

@ubi-swaggins @Mister-Shane
    I got the quest fixed by updating drivers and by reloading to the "Exclusive Quest Save" which begins when the brother arrives. This time around the Dialogue continued and the quest progressed.

• Mister.Shane
    5 posts

@seufz what drivers did you update? I updated the Nvidia drivers and tried again as per your suggestion, but the same issue happened

• Mister.Shane
    5 posts

@zakr13l Hey, I'm the dude that posted about this same issue. This is exactly what happens to me when I try and do this quest, but on PC.

• Heyzeuscristo89
    1 posts

I am also getting this bug and it's completely game breaking. 2 hours in and I can't go any further in the story. That is terrible.

• Mister.Shane
    5 posts

@fusionphantasm [censored]... I guess I will try starting a whole new game then [censored] fail [censored]

• Mister.Shane
    5 posts

@velldanas I will also try and start a WHOLE new game as many of us have had this issue. Right out of the gate this game is stopping people from playing it.

• thepmac189
    1 posts

Able to kill the first dummy but won't progress past second dummy. I'm told to kill it from the ledge. I don't receive the assassinate prompt when in position on the ledge. I have to manipulate my character's position repeatedly to get the prompt to appear. When it does appear and I perform the action the quest doesn't progress. Everyone just stands there. I've repeated the assassination on the second dummy several times in succession and taken down all the other dummies as well but nothing works.

• King_Butcher_VI
    3 posts

I am receiving the exact same bug too. PC

• Ubi-Swaggins

Thanks for the additional information everyone, I have passed this onto the team to assist with their investigation.

Once we have further information, we will let you all know - please continue to share your reports of this issue, and also provide video evidence where possible for the team to review.

@seufz Thank you for confirming you managed to resolve it. Which specific drivers did you need to update?

Official Response
  • Simpy240
    1 posts

well i got hiden blade and learn to use it them siguard tell me to go to the docks so i do and them nothing we jsut stand ther.

• Ubi-Swaggins
    This post is deleted!
    Official Response

Community details

Users
Topics