Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• timkristoffer
    1 posts

Hi!

I've encountered a bug during the quest 'The Prodigal Prince'. After Eivor's training session with the hidden blade the game prompts you to follow Sigurd. I do that for a bit to the docks, then nothing happens. The quest marker on Sigurd disappears, but the objective still reads to follow him. I have tried to reload a save from the start of the quest a couple of times but it hasn't helped.

• ParisEl333
    1 posts

I bought the game yesterday , I played until I reached the "family matters" and "seer solare" quest then the game crashed , I deleted all saved files with hours of wondering and then I started a new game with patch 1.02 , ( PS4 PRO ) , after that the quest was there and i proceed . Now i put to.play the game again and its stuck in the "follow sigurdl" quest . Please fix the problems , its unacceptable for this game to have this major bugs in day one .

• Ubi-Spud
    Ubisoft Support Staff 702 posts

Hey there, I'm sorry that you are unable to progress! To reset, fast travel to a different location and return later to restart. Let us know if the issue persists!

Official Response
  • Ollie_fitz
    1 posts

Have this bug aswell. Any chance of a fix @ubi-swaggins?

• wiseman2908
    4 posts

@ubi-swaggins restarting the game from scratch is by no means a ‘work around’

• LizzNasty
    15 posts

Lets be real, there is a clear bug that has messed with multiple mysteries / main quests. The work around now is to start over and do only story..... first of all I don't want to do that after dumping over 6 hours in, secondly I will be terrified to even remotely touch one of those mysteries when I know it could happen down the line again and here I am starting over again. So we are now on day 3 and I am just waiting like the rest of you.

• LizzNasty
    15 posts

@wiseman2908 Not only are you correct, but what is to say it doesn't happen again if I start over.

• Ubi-Swaggins
    Community Manager 429 posts

@wiseman2908 Some players have reported that it does fix the issue for them, but I can appreciate that this is not something every player will want to do.

Once we have any further information to share regarding the bug, we will share it with you all.

Official Response
  • guest-yvTFVrSF
    13 posts

@smakzac I’ve reloaded the game several times with no luck. Tried anything except starting from the beginning (which I won’t do, my spare time is limited).

• guest-yvTFVrSF
    13 posts

@ubi-swaggins Any news? This silence isn’t very comforting.

• ryanmaca94
    11 posts

@Ubi-Swaggins
    This wait time is ridiculous, I appreciate the fact that lags can happen with new releases but not game breaking ones.
    This has been days now this problem has happened and people have paid good money to play your game.
    We need this resolved asap.

• Ubi-Spud
    Ubisoft Support Staff 702 posts

Hey there! I am sorry that the quest is not triggering correctly. We are aware of this issue and are currently investigating, however I do not have an update regarding this at the moment. I will inform the developers that you are also facing this issue, and any updates will be posted in the forum.

Official Response
  • guest-yvTFVrSF
    13 posts

@ubi-swaggins The bug is still not fixed. How do we know it won’t happen later in the game? I will absolutely not play the five hour starting section again _hoping_ this time it won’t happen, I can’t afford gambling with my limited spare time like that.

• Obscurayos
    2 posts

Same glitch here. Cannot interact with sigurd. As soon as i must go follow him . he is muted and i cannot talk to him. Ps4

• Gabriela2400
    5 posts

@ubi-swaggins this is not a workaround, you don't know what the problem is or if starting over will actually fix something, and it's not just the main quest that is broke. But go ahead and suggest people just waste time doing this just for the same to possibly happen again

• LizzNasty
    15 posts

@guest-yvtfvrsf Doesn't even look like this is in the pinned section for known bugs. Smh

• guest-yvTFVrSF
    13 posts

@ubi-swaggins So... according to this tweet, you’re not even aware of the game breaking bugs (yes, PLURAL) in The Prodigal Son qust, even tho a whole bunch of us has tried to make you aware of it. Are you kidding me? Is this all a joke? undefined

• sambrule
    1 posts

I have the same issues too on PS4. I can’t talk to Sigurd, nothing happens
    J’ai le même problème sur PS4. Je ne peux pas parler à Sigurd, rien ne se passe.

• Ubi-Swaggins
    Community Manager 429 posts

Hey folks,

Thank you for your patience with this issue.

At this time we do not have any further information to provide, the team are working on this problem and we are gathering information to assist.

If you are able to, can you please provide us with your Save Data via a support ticket? If you cannot open a ticket, please reach out to our support teams on Facebook and Twitter.

Once we have more information to provide, we will do so.

Official Response
  • MrMarkitus
    1 posts

@ddan724 same bug happens to me

Suggested Topics