Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Surfshup1612
    1 posts

Same issue playing on PS4 Pro.

I completed side quests before and have found 3 to be bugged:

1st - NPC character has disappeared after completing quest with no marker to complete.
    South West of Stavanger on the coast after killing bear.

2nd and 3rd - Adrift Refuge and Hildesvini’s Cave - cannot interact with NPC’s. Have found the comb to compete quest.

Incredibly disappointing to have such a set back after spending £60 on the game and not able to progress through the story along with friends.
    I think I’ll just return the game at this rate. 😞 10 hours of exploration and enjoyment that could be wasted!

@ubisoft please help us!

• guest-yvTFVrSF
    13 posts

@lizznasty DO NOT RESTART. The same thing will happen at a later quest. This isn’t isolated to a specific quest — itcan happen anytime.

• ryanmaca94
    11 posts

@Ubi-Swaggins
    So restarting isnt a "work around" as you called it previously as it still happens later in the game if your lucky enough to get that far

• xGUNSLINGER742x
    1 posts

I logged a case ticket and loaded my save files via a compressed (zip) folder. No comment yet back though. Welcome to the rainy day parade.

• RyanSchoey
    2 posts

This issue is still persisting. I reached this point today and cannot progress past it, making the game unplayable.
    Platform: PS4

• guest-bEMfBASF
    2 posts

Restarted the game since I got sick of waiting. A bit of a pity since I already spent 8 hours collecting stuff when I got stuck the first time.

Only followed the main story line this time to get to the prodigal-prince as soon as possible (didn’t even raid the island on the way). This time it did go through and I finished the mission. Straight after I decided to see if the previous side quests that were glitchy before still were. First up the couple at a like that are looking for something: before I wasn’t able to talk to them and now it went through (didn't finish it yet). Next up the old dude in the cave: found him before but couldn’t speak with him, now I could. Killed him; claimed the mystery. Last but not least the dude that wants to fight an animal: before he died when I took a wolf to him, he died, that’s it. Kinda weird. This I think could have caused the initial bug, since it was the first glitch I encountered when the game froze. This time he died and a story started, and I could claim the mystery, so all seems to be working now.

The walkaround of restarting has worked so far. I play on Xbox btw.

• RyanSchoey
    2 posts

@ubi-swaggins

is there more issues with those playing via disk than those playing via digital download?

• xenonxen
    1 posts

i got the same issue when you guys going to update this??

• kenshinoku
    2 posts

@zeldafan4life I am having the same issue on PC. I have the gold version but i can't continue the game. I am a Italian Streamer and had to close the Live for this issue.
    This is a Link for the Video of my Live Stream with a problem. (At the End)
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/800435565

I need your help.

Thanks.

• DrKone
    4 posts

I am also having this bug issue. I have done all side quests except for 3... one of which I found bugs the game to not allow me tp speak to any other NPCs after (the diving for the Elk Comb lady). I have loaded from multiple save points, but nothing fixes the bug of Sigurd not being talkable when he gets to the docs. Very frustrating, and there's NO way I'm going to start a brand new game. I've put in 7hrs+ of gameplay already.

• LizzNasty
    15 posts

I actually got sick of waiting as well, I restarted my game and was able to get every single mystery, wealth, artifact out of the first area and completing everything until you have to go north a bit for that (didn't want to spoil) Even though it was huge pain in my [censored] I ended up doing everything in about 5 hours. I did run across a couple of the mysteries getting wonky so I always save before doing one only because I think that is the issue that we are running into on the prodigal prince quest. Truly disappointed that I have to feel anxious the whole time I have to play. All those who are waiting I hope they get this resolved for you.

• LizzNasty
    15 posts

@drkone I actually got sick of waiting as well, I restarted my game and was able to get every single mystery, wealth, artifact out of the first area and completing everything until you have to go north a bit for that (didn't want to spoil) Even though it was huge pain in my [censored] I ended up doing everything in about 5 hours. I did run across a couple of the mysteries getting wonky so I always save before doing one only because I think that is the issue that we are running into on the prodigal prince quest. Truly disappointed that I have to feel anxious the whole time I have to play. All those who are waiting I hope they get this resolved for you.

• Shrekstafa777
    6 posts

100% convinced it's the mysteries that bug out the quest. If you skip those I'm guessing you'll be fine. After I left norway I did a couple and have had no issues. It's sucks we have to start over, but like me I'm guessing y'all are as excited about this game as me. So instead of waiting I only wasted 4 hours.

• phillipjfrying
    1 posts

Sigurd won't start talking after I finish training with the hidden blade. He just walks silently to the end of the dock and won't move. The quest won't continue and I can't play any further. Reloading the save won't help neither will restarting my ps4

• TheTrueCorreia
    1 posts

I ran into this problem on PC, Sigurd and the other 2 would stop at the gate to the training ground and only do the first 3 excursuses. I tried to reload several saves, both autosaves and manual. When I reloaded the Exclusive quest save (right when Sigurd gets off his boat) it reset the quest and worked fine. Hope that helps some of yall.

• Ubi-Ginge
    Ubisoft Support Staff 257 posts

@bosxfallen
    So we can look deeper into this, can you send us your save file via either Facebook PM or Twitter DM.

Official Response
  • Stealth2150
    1 posts

@ubi-swaggins
    Same issue, I did a lot of exploration before getting to The Prodigal Prince and also reaches a dead-end at the docks... Also had an issue with the side mission where you bare knuckle fight 3 would be leaders for someone putting together a raid and judge the best one. It just stops once the fighting is over and you can't interact with anyone. Just the same slow walking around with no option to complete the mission.. very frustrating with how much I've paid for a game I can't play.. ive not even been able to assassinate anyone!.. sort of the point with the whole game 😌
    Really hope a fix happens soon.. I CANT restart after all I've found and gathered.

• Shaax-2
    1 posts

@applethelegend

Hi !

Same here on PC, tried to lower the graphics, started new games but i can definitily not go farther than this point...
    Kinda boring to wait for a patch to play this game 1 day after buying it

• amdo-AK
    7 posts

@ubi-swaggins Are there any updates about this situation?
    I have been waiting for 2 days already.

• Oth4x
    3 posts

@amdo-ak Yep, same here, it's so frustrating to pay the full prize of a game even before it is even launched just to get this bunch of bugs that make it unplayable, literally. So at the end of the day it's better to wait what, months? To play the game and that way you pay less and have much better experience after all. What a joke. Don't launch ur game if it is CLEARLY not finished yet.

On one side we got Cyberpunk 2077 getting delayed so when it gets launched it's playable for all and then on the other side we got AC: Valhalla launched YOLO with this bs. Big yikes.

@Shrekstafa777 I don't think people who want to complete 100% of this game wants to skip anything just to avoid bugs lmfao, ik u/they say it with the best of intentions but which kind of solution is that lmfao

Suggested Topics