Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• W4SYLZ
    1 posts

Same problem here. Cannot to finish main quest - the prodigal prince. 4 months later after release AC:Valhalla i can't have fun, because team can't fix game xD Multiple times i was reloading game and trying another ways to complete quest, but nothing help me. And no, start new game isn't solution.

My problem on video (6:35):

• rotheneuf
    7 posts

@ubi-woofer So you've requested an update 12 days ago. Anything to share?
    I'm definitely not restarting the game, losing my progress and spending another 9h, just hoping I won't get the same bug again or a different one at some other point

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3626 posts

Hello there!

@W4SYLZ - Thanks for sharing your experience with "The Prodigal Prince" with us, and for taking the time to record a video. I've passed your report along to the development team so they can take a closer look at this.

@rotheneuf - I've checked on the investigation and I'm afraid that we have no new updates to share from the development team. Once we have any new information regarding "The Prodigal Prince," we will share it within this thread and within the News & Announcements forum.

Thanks all!

Official Response
  • terminator802
    1 posts

@ubi-woofer Still have the same annoying problem with Sigurd in the docks. Anyone done something since November about it ? Ubisoft just ignore thousands of people struggling with it ??????

• Mherzog2
    1 posts

Yeah, just had the same problem. The only solution is a restart and going straight through?

• rotheneuf
    7 posts

@Ubi-Woofer I know it's a very complex game and the team has a lot to do so I have been patient enough, but this is beyond anything I could have expected from Ubisoft. 5 months. It's not like it's a visual bug on a sidequest that we can just ignore, it's a bloody game breaking issue at 2% of the main quest, with no workaround. And you've done absolutely NOTHING about it this entire time. Are you even trying? Does nobody care about this? What do we have to do to get the game we bought months ago to work? Do not pretend the devs "are still investigating" because that is a lie.
    Shame on you for stalling on this thread while doing nothing to get this resolved.
    Shame on Ubisoft for having no regard whatsoever for your customers once you've got the money.
    At least I've learned my lesson and will never buy another of your games within 6 months of their release.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1061 posts

@terminator802 - The issue with being unable to speak to Sigurd at the docks after completing the Hidden Blade training remains under investigation at present. I'm afraid that I do not have an update to share for the moment, but I'll chase this up with the developers to see whether a fix is yet confirmed on their end, and will provide an update here in this thread as soon as I am able. I sincerely apologise for the delay in an update on this issue, and would like to reassure you that this is not an issue we are ignoring. Thank you.

@Mherzog2 - Some players have found that restarting the game and progressing again to the same point has allowed them to progress; this is one troubleshooting option I could recommend, however, please rest assured that we are looking into the issue as it stands and should a fix be confirmed, we'll let everyone know here in this thread as well as through the patch notes for the update where the fix is implemented.

@rotheneuf - I would like to reassure you that the developers do continue to look into this issue, and as soon as an update becomes available, we will share it here on the forums. It is not a lie that they are still looking into this. I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience and disruption caused by this issue in the meantime, as I do understand that it is progression-blocking for you and any others in the same position. As I've mentioned above, I'll chase an update on this issue again and hopefully be able to provide some news soon. Thank you.

Official Response
  • rotheneuf
    7 posts

Hi everyone, IT'S FIXED for me 🎉
    I installed the last 1.2.1 update and ran the game. After loading my saved game at the point when I was stuck at the dock with Sigurd, I got notified that the side quest "A hunt for honor" was completed. It was an old side quest that couldn't be validated, probably fixed by one of the updates. It didn't solve the Sigurd issue on the spot though.
    I loaded a previous save, from the banquet right before the hidden blade training with the dolls, got the side quest completion notification again, continued up to following Sigurd to the docks, and O miracle, this time I could talk to him and continue the game.

I hope some of you were in the same case as me and get unstuck as well after waiting such a long time.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @rotheneuf!

Thank you for updating us, and letting us know that you've been able to proceed with "The Prodigal Prince."

If this issue has been resolved for you following TU 1.2.1, please don't hesitate to update us within this thread. For those who are still having trouble interacting with Sigurd in "The Prodigal Prince," I'm happy to announce that the development team intend to fix this issue in a future update! We don't yet have a confirmed ETA for this update. As soon as we have any new updates to share with you all, this will be shared within this thread and in the News & Announcements forum.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the development team intend to deploy a fix for "The Prodigal Prince" in TU 1.2.2. This update will be deployed 15 June, 2021 at 2 PM CEST / 8 AM ET.

If you are still encountering issues with "The Prodigal Prince" following TU 1.2.2, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • That the issue continues to persists in-game following this update.

Additionally, please ensure that you have an up-to-date save uploaded to the cloud. We can then pass these reports to the development team for further investigation.

Thank you! 😊

Official Response
  • jhorneman
    1 posts

I have 1.2.2. and I still can’t get past The Prodigal Prince, on PS5. I started playing the game when it came out…

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello @jhorneman! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I can see that you have submitted your report via our support channels already and can confirm it has been passed along to the development team for further investigation.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics