Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• LetoThule
    1 posts

So, I have the same problem.

I was able to get it working.

I noticed the game tries to autosave like every 20 seconds while doing this "hidden blade" training quest.

Start over from before the part where you walk down to the field. Before you get there, erase all your autosaves from the load screen. During the training, open your load screen and purge the autosaves every few seconds. It's annoying, but it worked for me after several attempts at just reloading.

Not sure if this will help everyone else, but it worked for me.

• Torusya
    16 posts

Tried deleting every singe auto save as soon as they would pop up, same issue.

• Torusya
    16 posts

I spent a long time side questing before I got to that quest, no way I am restarting unless support comes back and says it is the only way.

• tmarti24
    1 posts

Same issue, on PC. I've tried reloading two different saves one just prior to the start of this quest and one an hour earlier. Same deal. Game ending bug.

Extreamly disapointing a AAA game is this glitchy out of the box. 1/3 of the sidequests i have had similar issues where you either can't turn it in or can't speak to the person you need to. But I could at least keep progressing elsewhere.... this is a main story quest, and worse you are trapped in the village until this quest is completed so its TRULY game breaking. Unbelievalbe.

• Kaarmag
    2 posts

is this bug going to be fixed, or they just don't care. I've tried everything in this post and nothing works I even reinstalled the game and that did nothing.

• hadstar123
    2 posts

Unable to interact with several npcs, eg prodigal prince quest following assassination training, I speak to Sigurd to go to the docks he doesn’t say a word walks there and stairs off into the distance and I cannot speak to him. Too many examples to say in one complaint but I’ll say another just to confirm, the cave above the waterfall next to the antler comb quest there’s a boss to fight, after defeating him I’m unable to interact to delive the finishing blow and the comb quest cannot he finished because I can’t speak to the woman sitting in front of the waterfall. There are several other incidents like this please fix this bug I can’t even progress in main story anymore because of it

• Torusya
    16 posts

same issue with the dock, this is a major bug, seems to impact all quests when you need to talk to NPC. First Watchdogs, now AC. Hope the fix it soon, this is a major issue.

• Torusya
    16 posts

Same issue here, major bug. Seems most quests have these Talk to NPC issues. What a mess of a launch.

• Torusya
    16 posts
    disappointing a AAA game is this glitchy

That!

• skoggi
    8 posts

I'm so happy I did most other places and spent 7 hours before I continued on the main quests🙄 *irony*

• Velldanas
    16 posts

The main problem is, if you in progress of some quest (where you can't save) and do other things (like clearing the map or region), you probably broke something. So before exploring, save.

• samkas411
    3 posts

@zakr13l I did the same thing. New save and no side quests & that worked. It's just really annoying because I had sunk about 8 hours into it before I had to start over. Wonder if ubisoft could refund me those 8 hours by any chance.. ☠💩

• Ubi-Swaggins
    Ubisoft Support Staff 420 posts
    This post is deleted!
    Official Response
  • Ubi-Swaggins

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out and letting us know that you are having issues with this.

The team has been made aware and they are investigating, but we would like reproduction steps of players who are encountering this issue.

Did any of you complete side activities before starting this mission, or did you go straight to it?

Official Response
  • ozziebadger9591
    4 posts

@ubi-swaggins It has been the same for me, there is 4 world events that have the same problem so I can’t complete them either, it might be the same for the fly agaric as I’ve completed 1 but the icon still stays on the map.

• ryanmaca94
    11 posts

@ubi-swaggins
    The exact same has happened to me iv done quite a few side missions and cant get past prodigal prince as I cant talk to sigurd at the harbour

• BYRNE-Ix
    4 posts

@ubi-swaggins
    Yes, most world events I have attempted I've had the issue where I'm unable to speak to whoever I need to, to either start the event or turn it in.

• kitfisto3
    2 posts

@ubi-swaggins I did the quest 'A Seers Solace' and the world events 'Plight of the Warlocke' and 'Elk of Bloody Peaks' before starting 'The Prodigal Prince'. After the hidden blade training Sigurd just stands at the dock as shown in the youtube video op posted.

• Ubi-Swaggins

Thank you for confirming this folks.

I've forwarded this info onto the team. If anyone has any more info to share regarding their repro steps, please reply to my original message.

Official Response
  • parkermu66
    1 posts

I did side quests some off them are bugged before I did this main quest

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics