Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • guest-c2td43SZ
    1 posts

Hey there. I just finished training with the Assassin Blade and I followed Sigurd to the end of the dock, and I've been stuck for about 3 hours now. My husband and I have tried the work around, but there seems to be an auto save glitch. I've read this is a common problem and was wondering if there is a workaround?

• REALRICHGANG24
    1 posts

Prodigal son bug. Broken product if this is not fixed.

• Mustng226
    4 posts

I noticed this was not addressed in the new patch coming out tomorrow. Will this ever get fixed? I put in a lot of time before encountering this bug and do not want to start over. I've been stuck at this point for a month now.

• alexdon1993
    13 posts

According to my email, now playstation will start investigating this issue... However my hopes aren't high.

• Shammy1221
    1 posts

When will this bug gets patch ? I've been waiting since november since the early game release, they already make 2 patch but never give patch for follow sigurd bug and stare forever to the frozen lake

• demonsouls1993
    2 posts

over a month and is bugged a mission that you have to do im sorry but this is a bloody joke you should not be charging anybody money when you have bloody main missions not working and taking this bloody long to fix them change your company name from ubisoft to lazysoft cuz thats what you guys are

• Crash0verRiDe90
    2 posts

Cannot progress through the hidden Blade training have reloaded my earliest save and that didn't help either (as suggested on forums) I simply am not starting again I have enjoyed it so far except for this hope there's an easy fix.

• Crash0verRiDe90
    2 posts

Cannot progress through the hidden Blade trainig

• PlacekEs
    2 posts

Kiedy przychodzi misja z potrenowaniem skrytobójstwa za pomocą ukrytego ostrza które dostałem od Basima, jakby wszystyko się buguje i Basim zamiast chodzić za mną i pokazywać mi techniki skrytobójstwa to stoi z tyłu razem z Sigurdem i nic nie mówi. Wszystko się buguje zaraz po technice skrtytobójstwa z krawędzi i dalej gra nie zalicza mi ani skrytobójstwa z powietrza, ani z siana i nie mogę przejść misji. Jeżeli ktos by mi pomógł to byłbym wdzięczny, chciałem zaznaczyć iż jestem zielony w tematach gier assasina. Z góry dzięki

When the mission to train assassination with the hidden blade Basim gave me, as if everything is buggy and Basim instead of following me and showing me assassination techniques, he is standing back with Sigurd and saying nothing. Everything gets buggy right after the edge assassination technique and the game still doesn't count either aerial or hay assassination and I can't complete the mission. If someone would help me, I would be grateful, I wanted to point out that I am green in the topics of assasin games. Thanks in advance

• PlacekEs
    2 posts

@shimboogle2 same situation

• THEJOEFADA
    1 posts

I just recently bought the game, only to find out that this game-breaking bug STILL has yet to be fixed; it's now December 27th so WHY hasn't this issue been resolved Ubisoft? So far I have tried every possible solution listed here, apart from a complete restart(which I refuse to do 9hrs in) but to no avail. I've never requested a refund for a game before, but if this doesn't get patched and I mean soon; I'll have no other choice. This game never should have been released in its current state.

• Saiikyn
    1 posts

Just bought the game because it was on sale, but now I’m left with disappointment. I’m three hours in the game, and everything was smooth until I reached this prodigal son quest where I need to kill the dummies with the new assassins blade. However the three main character dudes are stuck silently standing at the training ground entrance not reacting what so ever when I assassinate a dummy. The trainer assassin does not follow me, there is no dialogue instructions, and Ive tried everything other players suggested to fix this bug, like deleting saves and starting fresh save, but nothing has resolved the bug. I’m really hoping I do not have to start the whole game all over seeing as this is a main story line quest that will not allow me to proceed playing the game I bought until quest is finished. Please Ubisoft fix this

• mgsilveira
    1 posts

I got stuck here: "Train with the hidden blade" message, and nothing happens.

• FrazzledOne
    2 posts

Almost two months since release and the game is still literally unplayable past the first couple of missions.
    I can't even submit a case report about it seeing as they have closed the option for cases reports about bugs.
    Although it's good to see case reports are still open regarding In-App Purchases.
    Priorities.

• rotheneuf
    7 posts

Same issue here, stuck at the dock after following Sigurd. He doesn't do anything. And I can't even do anything else until a fix comes out, because most gameplay options are unavailable during that sequence. How can there not be a fix after a month and a half ? Ubisoft ? Any reaction ?

@guest-zrvvjeif My scenario exactly.
    I started the seventh son quest, watched him get killed by a bear, and the quest would never finish.
    Then I got stuck when following Sigurd to the docks

• rotheneuf
    7 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 713 posts

Hello everyone,

Thank you for continuing to report issues with "The Prodigal Prince" to us. The developers continue to investigate this issue, and still require additional information in order to try and find a fix. For instance, a couple of you have mentioned the world event "Bring Me A Beast" - could you tell me if this was the last quest / world event you tried to complete before attempting "The Prodigal Prince"? If you play on PS4 or PC and could submit a save file to us, we would greatly appreciate this, as we can then pass these to the developers for them to take a closer look. If on PC, it would also be helpful if you could submit your MSINFO and DXDIAG files, for us to conduct a thorough investigation into those as well.

If you have already submitted your save files to us in a support case, please leave your case reference number here in the thread so that I can collect the files and submit them. If you still need to create a case, or are unsure how to submit your save files, please refer to the links below:

I appreciate your continued patience and understanding with regard to this issue, and hope that the developers will be able to share news soon as to the state of their investigation. I have requested an update from them as I realise that this issue is stalling progress for you, and I'll do what I can to keep you updated. 🙂 I'll reply to a few specific comments below -

@Saiikyn The issue you describe is different to the most common one in this thread with being unable to interact with Sigurd at the docks. Can you please confirm that "A Prodigal Prince" is your current quest in your log, and also let me know any troubleshooting you've already tried for this issue?

@FrazzledOne Our case creation system has been amended due to COVID-19, and I apologise for any inconvenience this causes. If you have the time to do so, a Live Chat with an agent would allow you to create a case for your issue quickly, and the agent can then pass on the information you provide directly.

Official Response
  • rotheneuf
    7 posts

@ubi-woofer files attached in case number 13761251
    Hope that helps, reach out to me if you need more information

• alexdon1993
    13 posts

@Ubi-Woofer thanks for the update. I am not able to provide save games as I need a large external drive for ps5. But indeed before proceeding to a prodigal prince, the mission to kill a bear was started, I killed the bear for that guy however the second bear kills him and I couldn't proceed and also the mission couldn't be restarted. Another mission that I've done before a prodigal prince was with a guy that we are supposed to help to throw things from a cliff, which again is not correctly ended as the guy kills himself by jumping from that cliff. I suppose that the mission with the bear is a trigger.

• SirPLWroc
    1 posts

@ubi-woofer I'm facing the same issue. I created a ticket and attached there my save. Case number: 13800682. Hope it helps.

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics