Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• deerbolt2175
    2 posts

@maj3sticcr0w dont count on anything being done to resolve this game breaking bug (1 amongst thousands), i and many many others have been waiting for 2 months for this to be resolved and still nothing, they released this broken piece of [Censored] in time for holiday season just to get your money and they dont really care about their player base at all, what they do care about is adding more [Censored] in the in-game store just to rob people of more money, this game should have never been released in the state that it is. Did they not bother to do any kind of testing before going gold and releasing it to the public for pre-ordering. AC Odysee was an amazing game and i love it, may come back to Valhalla in another 12 months time and see how they messed it up more.

• Pandarenkuma
    2 posts

so this is what happends at my game. i got thru the dialogs with sigurd and his father, when its time to board the ship either the smith or the assassin start to swim.
    if i ignore the swimming and just sit down to sail the ship starts no dialog happening but both the ships leave and stops. and then i cant do annything otehr than use the exit menu. if i cath the smith and try to upgrade he just continue on his way with the swiming afterwards. what i observe is that both the assassin and the smith spawn at the same point at the ship and who ever spawns in after the other will start to swim.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1195 posts

@deerbolt2175 Thanks for replying to the thread. Are you playing on PC? If so, are you able to provide your save file for us to look into further? Can you also tell me the last quest / world event etc. you completed before boarding the longship?

@Pandarenkuma Do you mean that they swim to the boat as it moves away? Have you tried waiting for them to be seated on the ship before sitting down yourself / starting the objective, to see whether the longship sails as expected? A video of the issue would be helpful for us to review. Thanks!

Official Response
  • GiveMoneyBack11
    2 posts

So is there an actual solution to this problem yet ? Because I can’t talk to Sigurd on the docks though I fully installed the game. I don’t know what to do other than just forget about the game lol ( I play on ps4 )

• GanarothLes
    13 posts

During the conversation with Styrbjorn at the docks, I received the cutscene indicating that I had killed Harald's men, and Styrbjorn had to pay weregild on my behalf. I had not killed any such men. I know that it changes nothing, but it irks me to be falsely accused of murder.

• BIOROBOTH
    14 posts

@ubi-woofer
    I play on PC, digital version.
    And I don't even have the quest! The journal is empty. Have reinstalled the game, changed graphics and so on, but the quest doesn't start.
    After "birth right" I just stand near the ship, get exp and that's all. No quest at all.

• Ubi-Woofer

@GiveMoneyBack11 If you are unable to speak to Sigurd due to an error message claiming that the game is not fully installed, you should post on the appropriate megathread for this issue here. This thread is specifically for issues with the ship getting stuck, and not being able to reach England. Thanks!

@BIOROBOTH Could you please open a separate thread demonstrating this issue by way of a short video clip? This issue is for the ship getting stuck or not moving, and I'd not like it to be diverted to discussing other unrelated issues with the quest. Thanks!

Official Response
  • BIOROBOTH
    14 posts

@ubi-woofer ok, I will do it.
    I have created the separate thread yesterday but nobody answered there so I tried to get attention this way. So, when I post a video how do I get your attention again? 🙂

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3884 posts

@BIOROBOTH - Hey there! I apologise for the delayed response. I've reached out to you via your thread, so please check it out when you're able to. Thanks!

Official Response
  • NomTheBurritos
    3 posts

Got the same issue. Playing on PC, bought limited edition box. Using i9900k, rtx 2080ti, 32gb ram, win 10 updated to the newest/current version. Tried talking to Gunnar and upgrading whilst he was on a longship with Randvi, before then, sometimes he and Basim switch places and Gunnar just effs off back to His site instead of staying onboard the ship. Tried killing a guard before Sigurds dad arrives to get the second scene variant but that didn’t help either. Waited 5ish minutes on the ship, no change there either. Can’t progress and been so for a few weeks now. Really bummed out since I was saving it for when I was home for a month between jobs...

• Blollie31
    1 posts

Hi, I am experiencing an issue with this same mission.

I am on original PS4, digital copy of the game.

I am prompted to speak to Sigurd to start the journey to England and I do not get any warning message about the game not being fully installed.

Once the boat sets off the cutscene plays out completely normally, then the game goes into the loading screen with the animated logo in the bottom right, and then will no longer progress.

I have tried leaving the game to load for over an hour with no luck, I have deleted & re-installed, I have tried both offline and online, and completed all of the steps suggested by previous support staff in this thread.

Please help!

• Pandarenkuma
    2 posts

@ubi-woofer Hi. sorry for the wait. no they start to swim out towards the fjord. after a while they de-spawn (or drown). so when i set sail no dialogs happens and we stopps when we shuld get back to "real" world and just rais the sails and just sits there. (longest waitng before i set sail aabout one hour)

• Ubi-Woofer

@NomTheBurritos - Hey there - please accept my apologies for the delayed reply. (Love your username by the way!) I'm sorry to hear that you're also experiencing this issue with the ship not moving in "The Seas of Fate". Just to confirm, is your issue that Gunnar and/or other crew members won't board the ship in order to depart? Could you provide an image or short video clip showing that Gunnar will not board the ship?

@Blollie31 - Your issue with the black screen / long loading screen sounds slightly different to the issue being experienced by other players here, as in their situation, the ship itself does not set off from the docks. Do you have an older save you could reload to, and try again to start the quest sequence? An old Episode Save for instance?

@Pandarenkuma - Thank you for replying! Apologies that my reply to you is a few days late as well. Are you able to provide a video of the behaviour you are describing?

Official Response
  • NomTheBurritos
    3 posts

@Ubi-Woofer Heya there, no worries. Sorry for the late response as well. I got a few issues in my situation: One longship is virtually crashed and hovering mid-village, when it comes to Gunnar OR Basim, only one of them spawns on the ship with Randvi, and let's say that Gunnar spawns there, I walk up to him to randomly upgrade something to see if anything changes. As I exit the upgrade menu with him, he spawns on the shore next to the boat instead and starts walking back to his original point in village. Then, sometimes Basim can spawn in his place on the ship, sometimes he swims in water. Sometimes, I've no damn idea where he is! It's a wild mess. The party of NPCs that follow your mates into battle are dead so my ship has like, three people, Eivor and the two main NPCs on it. Haven't touched the game for months since I can't progress no matter what I do so I'll jump ingame sometime this week and get some screenshots!

@Ubi-Woofer https://ibb.co/qDN1dRW https://ibb.co/3h31jPR https://ibb.co/d7JmXf9 https://ibb.co/tZ2MDQq
    So here we have, Gunnar walking back to his post, Basim spawning in his place next to Randvi, boat messed up on shore vs all boats all good after reload of save.

• NomTheBurritos
    3 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3884 posts

Thanks for taking the time to provide us with more information about the state of your leaving party in "Seas of Fate," as well as providing us with multiple images, @NomTheBurritos. I've passed these along to the development team so they can take a closer look.

If we require any additional information from you about the experience you're having with "Seas of Fate," we'll reach out within this thread. Once we have any new updates to share from the investigation, we will post them within this thread as well.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • ItsSoVeryFluffy
    3 posts

same issue here i board the ship goes halfway out to sea and stops and nothing happens latest patch 1.2.0 issue still is here.

@nach-vo sorry bro i tried all those solutions. didnt help. thanks though.

• ItsSoVeryFluffy
    3 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1591 posts

@ItsSoVeryFluffy - I am sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue as well. I just checked and I can see that this issue is currently being investigated. Once we have an update, we will update this thread, so please keep an eye out 🙂 Thank you for your patience and apologies for any inconvenience caused by this. If you have any other questions, please let us know.

@NomTheBurritos - The development team were able to take a closer look at your cloud save, and it looks like it has become corrupted. This can be caused by 3rd party applications that can be connected to your save files. Please note that we are unable to recover corrupted save files, and we would recommend that you start a clean save. I understand that this is not the answer you were hoping for, and apologise for any disappointment caused.

Official Response
  • OneManApe
    2 posts

Instead of getting stucki middle of an ocean, i'm stuck on animus loading screen. Though i've seen weird behaviour of ships that are suppose to leave with Eivor. How am i supposed to send Save Files.

undefined

Suggested Topics