Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Amazo30
    2 posts

@killerkillian12 I’m experiencing the same issue on Xbox. Is there not a patch coming soon.

• Amazo30
    2 posts

@flukeshotlegend same on Xbox

• redheadof2015
    2 posts

@amdo-ak This happened to mine! I literally deleted the game and re-download it. That fixed that bug, but now when I get in the longship we do not go anywhere. They sat in the open water for 15 minutes instead of cutting to the animus scene!

• redheadof2015
    2 posts

Once I board the longship and we set sail, the boat reaches open water. There the sail comes down and the oars go out, and nothing happens. An animus cutscene is supposed to happen, but instead they just sit there. So frustrating.

• sG_Brussel
    1 posts

I can't remember the name of the mission but its where you have to sit on the ship and you sail off to England and its suppost to start a cutscene but it doesn't, the ship stops and I am stuck on the ship, there is nothing I can do so I have had to start a new game

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1268 posts

Hello everyone, thank you for continuing to report your experiences of this issue here in this thread. As the issue seems to be linked to the ship itself and it not moving from the docks / getting stuck part-way when sailing, I have slightly amended the megathread title to reflect this, and hopefully encourage any other affected players to post here.

I am sad to say that reproduction of the issue by the developers has been unsuccessful so far, so they'd like to ask that save files (only possible for PC and PS4 players sadly) and system files (PC only) are submitted by for them to analyse. This should hopefully enable them to identify the cause of the issue, and get to work on a fix if one is possible. Please refer to the links below for more information on how to generate and submit these files:

In the meantime, a number of workarounds have been shared here in the thread. Please give these a try and let us know if you're able to progress to England afterward:

From Fred_P:

Immediately after the cinematic with sigurd and his father ends, I quicksave before one of the two allies underground could die.
    When I reloaded that's save everybody were in the boats and now one of the kind guards were underground instead and the ships took off as intended.

From ckorzenecki:

somehow got mine to work after 5+ hours. Idk if this is the reason but I walked all around the boat, climbed on both ends, climbed up the main sail, dropped down, looked at the seat until the triangle or button for sit popped up, then it worked lol.

From RawKalsen:

SOLUTION - if the games cutscene is activated before other assets are not loaded It will break the cutscene. Run to the ship and stay next to it for ~10 minutes before sitting down to activate the cutscene.

From overXposed:

So I figured it out guys. Check your game file options under manage content. Make sure all languages are downloaded and installed. Once they all installed the prompt went away and I'm able to continue on.

From chrisolaus:

Load a game save before the quest "the seas of fate" when ur supposed to talk to Sigurd at the docks.
    When you talk to him he asks if ur ready to depart to England -
    Press the 2nd option that you're not ready, then run around for a few seconds.
    Then go and talk to him again and press the 1st option.
    Then I got new items, probably the riches from the raids to carry along to England.
    Official Response
  • master_ring
    41 posts

I can't remember the name of the mission but its where you have to sit on the ship and you sail off to England and its suppost to start a cutscene but it doesn't, the ship stops and I am stuck on the ship, there is nothing I can do so I have had to start a new game

Seas of fate is the quest.
    Try this mate. Every cutscene takes ages to load sometimes. Balck screen while choosing vendor, custcenes...
    And i think i found solution.

Start your game. Go to Option, lower your resolution to one less (i play on 2560x1440) so i go 1920x1080. Apply and than just change it back to your original resolution.

Return to game and play without Black screen. I do this each time I have to reload or starting a game and no more issues of Balck Screen for me in shops and custcenes.

• Gamerslf
    1 posts

Just hit yet another gamebreaking bug. Still not finished with the tutorial chapter. In Seas of Fate, just before taking off for England, I enter the longship, and nothing happens. Specifically, the screen goes black, people start talking, then the boat is frozen and stuck at the docks. People still moving and talking, but can't go anywhere. Pause menu leaves me with limited options, and have tried changing the scaling, texture quality and v-sync. Nothing. Game needs to be fixed, immediately.

• jrgood1028
    1 posts

@ubi-woofer

Is there still not a patch? I'm on PC and have tried every work around. Boat sets sail then just stops and it will only let you quit back to the menu or desktop

• jeta2pssb
    3 posts
    Same thing!! I get on Sigurds longship, we go out of the bay, then the sail comes down, the oars come out, and we sit there.... can’t do anything but quit to the main menu. No map, no inventory, can’t move, can’t do anything!!! I’m assuming this is where it is supposed to cut out to modern day for a bit. That’s what the walkthroughs say is supposed to happen. But my game isn’t making the transition. We just sit there bobbing up and down on the waves!! I’ve tried multiple older saves, every different story choice leading up to this point, and even tried buying stuff from the blacksmith while he is in the boat. I’ve tried this part over twenty times, trying to get it to work. Sometimes the blacksmith gets out of the boat and swims out to sea, sometimes the assassin guy does. Sometimes they all stay in the boat. Sometimes the blacksmith isn’t there at all, and when I went into town and talked to him, then came back, one of the longboats was laying on its side on the shore! People still in it!! There is obviously a major bug, keeping this part from working correctly and progressing the story!! It’s infuriating!! PLEASE FIX THIS SOON UBISOFT!!!! I payed a lot of money for this digital download, and I’ve put over 16 hours into it already! I took my time getting all the treasures and wealth, then spent another $50 on cool weapons and skins! I DO NOT want to start over!! I planned on playing this all weekend, and was absolutely loving the game until this happened!! Kinda ruins the experience when you CANT PROGRESS THE STORY!! PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP UBISOFT!!! Quit telling us to try adjusting the settings, and other nonsense. Just PLEASE GET A TEAM ON THIS, FIX IT, AND RELEASE THE UPDATE PATCH ASAP!! You are starting to get A LOT of negative reviews and comments because of this issue. On what, in my opinion, is an otherwise spectacular game! Don’t wait until everyone is [censored] off and disgusted, and puts the game down, never to play it again because of this! Fix it quickly please!!!!

Same thing here. Can we get a fix for this, or a refund? I feel like I was just slapped in the face.

• jeta2pssb
    3 posts

@jrgood1028 Same here. No cutscene when it leaves the dock, just goes and then all of a sudden stops in the middle of the ocean.

• jeta2pssb
    3 posts

Okay. On PS5 digital (using PS4 Disc) I found a workaround. Not sure EXACTLY what did it, but here's what I did differently...

1) Uninstalled and re-installed (the language packs, too). Didn't open the app until ALL were done downloading.
    2) Loaded a save from before "A sea's fate" mission. Set me back about 2 hours.
    3) Went up to Sigurd, told him I need time before setting sail. Walked around, talked to the game master, came back. Said I was ready.
    4) Let the cutscene play out in full, then waited 15-20 minutes outside the ship. Walked around the ship a bit, climbed it, got back down. Waited a little more. Then sat down.

Finally, Dag talked and I could continue on with the game...

• Nach-VO
    2 posts
    I actually found a workaround for the problem.
    Immediately after the cinematic with sigurd and his father ends, I quicksave before one of the two allies underground could die.
    When I reloaded that's save everybody were in the boats and now one of the kind guards were underground instead and the ships took off as intended.

PC VERSION - Thanks again to Fred for this idea, unfortunately I couldn´t replicate the workaround, but still managed to found my own, so... since I'm not sure if it was pure luck or an actual fix, I'll just list some of the actions I took until it finally worked:

• Start the game directly from the shortcut (Not opening the launcher directly).
    • If CONTINUE the game one more time doesn't succeed then, return to main menu and Load a previous save (before Sigurd's dad talk to Eivor).
    • Let the cinematic play again until it's time to sit on the boat.
    • Open the quest menu (Holding tap) before you get on the boat
    • DESELECT SEAS OF FATE mission and return to the game
    • Get on the boat and stand on its floor (Not on an edge, not on the mast or whatever that is, but on the floor just like Sigurd is)
    • Finally use the sit action until the action button appear (I also waited like 5 - 8 min before actually hitting sit)

NOTE: In the final waiting part, I just let him there, "waiting", I'm not sure if it had some actual effect but you know, just in case.
    Again, not sure if it was pure luck or if those steps actually work, so please let me know. Feel free to follow them in order or don't or even just pick some from the list.
    Hope it helps, happy gaming!

• sahistul1
    1 posts

Hello ,

I am stuck at the Seas of fate mission , i can not past beyond that in order to go to England
    Please help

Bogdan

• fatblokekev
    54 posts

@nach-vo

Sorry mate - still no-go.

What the hell are Ubisoft doing?

• fatblokekev
    54 posts

@fatblokekev OK, I seem to have got the boat going 🙂

I reloaded the savegame that was not working, but instead of getting on the boat, I went and talked to the blacksmith (whi was in the third longship to the left). Once finishing talking to him, I got on sigurds longship and sat down immediately. The cutscene started immediately with video and we left. Now in England.

• trinmarc
    2 posts

@zinco1993 yes Ubisoft please fix it I didn’t wait 8 hours just to play a demon vision of the game

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1268 posts

Hello everyone,

Just providing a quick update. The issue remains under investigation by the developers, and they've received further save files and videos sourced from support cases raised since my last post that hopefully will help them to isolate the cause. We'd still like to gather further videos of the issue, as well as additional save files, so if you're still affected and could provide us with either, it would be much appreciated. If you quote your case reference number here in the thread, I can go collect the files and submit them.

I'm glad to see that a couple of you managed to find workarounds since my last post as well, but for anyone else still affected, please rest assured that this is being looked into and we will update you on our progress as soon as we can. Thank you. 🙂

Official Response
  • deerbolt2175
    2 posts

Fresh pc install on a NVME M.2 Drive with no exploration and main quests only, i go through the process of Sigurd talking to his dad and tell Sigurd i am ready to go and get the cutscene of walking with Sigurd to the docks.Dag does'nt talk but ship leaves dock and then stops in open sea and wont go any further.

• Maj3sticCr0w
    1 posts

The Seas of Fate quest is still broken for me after 2 patches and is a completely game breaking bug that doesn't allow me to proceed to England. Once aboard the ship it takes off and eventually reaches a spot on the map where the ship stops, sails go down and I am just stuck there waiting (i think its supposed to load a cutscene to England?). Have done everything to try and get this to work without success and have seen many others with the same or similar bug for this quest. How long do i need to wait for a working game?

Suggested Topics