Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • technical issue 2775
    playstation 4 1460
    5 Likes/135 Replies/1210 Views
    Killerkillian12
    Original poster 3 posts

I have installed and uninstalled on both a PS4 Pro and Standard. I have deleted saves . I have returned the disk for a new copy .
    ... and still the same. -

1. the game disk sounds like it is breaking half the time
    2. when it does work the game will not play past the seas of fate mission.

I get to the dock and message - can not continue until game fully installs ... 12 hours later
    please help

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• J_wooboy
    5 posts

Cannot proceed with quest 'THE SEAS OF FATE'.I get a warning message that I may not continue until the game is fully installed

• Ubi-Litten
    Ubisoft Support Staff 79 posts

Hey there, thanks for getting in contact and raising this issue, while I would not be able to provide any additional information at this time our game team are aware of this issue and looking to get this resolved as soon as possible. Apologies for any confusion or inconvenience this may have caused.

Official Response
  • mrmanakan
    10 posts

On PS4 I get to sea of fate quest and game says it’s installing and cannot proceed. Note that the game is absolutely done installing. There are a ton of people having same issue and we’d like a resolution.

Are they defective discs? A bunch of players on reddit also have the same issue, and it’s making PS4 disc reader make skipping noises. and occasionally getting disc read errors. It’s not my disc drive, I’ve tried and installed and played 2 separate disc games. Is this issue being worked on? And will it be resolved by the release time or should I return the game? please advise.

P.S. I’ve done some research and found out there was a similar issues with odyssey when trying to leave kephallonia. Why is this happening again?

• Nemesix2010
    5 posts

Hi @Ubi-Litten, I am experiencing the exact same issue. After 7 or 8 hours in the game, I can't leave the first region because of this warning.
    PS4 - version 1.02

undefined

• Nemesix2010
    5 posts

@Ubi-Litten : I opened a ticket on support.ubisoft.com yesterday, case number 13115855.

• mrmanakan
    10 posts

Game broke can’t proceed past sea of fate quest please advise been this way for 2 days no response or patch says it’s games installing when it’s already installed

• mrmanakan
    10 posts

Same PS4 I even exchanged disc still broken how to fix ? Was same problem with odyssey please advise

• Ubi-Spud
    Ubisoft Support Staff 522 posts

@mrmanakan Hey there, can you please confirm if you are still having this issue? Thanks!

To everyone else - can you confirm when/where this error message appears, and if it persists even after reinstalling the game?

Official Response
  • Ubi-Spud
    Ubisoft Support Staff 522 posts

Hail, vikingr! I'm sorry you are unable to proceed. Can you please specify what is happening when you try to progress?

Official Response
  • J_wooboy
    5 posts

Did anyone get the quest to work

• Zinco1993
    5 posts

@j_wooboy still no 😕 just checked on ... I'm waiting the whole day to for this reinstalled the game and nothing happened.. I'm playing on ps4

• DaPloW
    2 posts

I'm thinking of redoing a backup hoping that it will work. 

• Zinco1993
    5 posts

I can not proceed after this quest, it shows "you may not continue until the game is fully installed" I'm playing on ps4 everything is installed and seems fine I waited the whole day for this reinstalled the game nothing changed...anyone is facing the same problem??

• Netspook
    140 posts

@zinco1993
    Did you install the update? At least for PC, there was an update a couple of hours ago, or so.

• Zinco1993
    5 posts

@netspook if you mean version 1.02 yes I did don't have anything to download or update.. 😕

• J_wooboy
    5 posts

@daplow I deleted everything and reinstalled. Started a new game got stuck at the Seer's Solace quest

• mrmanakan
    10 posts

I’m pretty sure it’s a disc issue. They had same problem with odyssey. Gonna try to return game dunno if they’ll let me I already exchanged for a second disc. It’s rediculous that a game doesn’t work for launch. Also note that 1.0.0 doesn’t work either I checked. That means they shipped out a broken game

Community details

Users
Topics