Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • coryakers
    3 posts

@ubi-woofer no it didn’t help you need to notify PlayStation of the bug so we can request a refund

• AwkwrdTurtle
    7 posts

Still here, on January 13th, it's been months now and still no fix. Are they just going to pretend we don't exist?

• BigZ08161
    5 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Smhavens
    4 posts

Just saw there was a 6 GB update today so I thought maybe, just maybe our problems would be fixed. Nope. Nothing changed. Everything is still broken and I still can’t even play past the first hour of the game. I will never purchase anything from this company ever again. Good luck everyone.

• GiveMoneyBack11
    2 posts

Well I don't have much to say that hasn't been said already, same problem, can't talk to Sigurd because the game isn't fully installed while it is. It's a shame the game seemed nice lol.

• anicesubject
    3 posts

This is happening to me and it’s incredibly frustrating. 

I have the digital version, it is completely installed, and I’m on a PS4 standard edition. I uninstalled and reinstalled today (taking 6+ hours) to no avail - I’m still having the exact same issue. 

This renders the game utterly unplayable, which is heartbreaking as I was getting so into it (and this is my first AC game). 😞 

This needs to be prioritized.

• anicesubject
    3 posts

@anicesubject Interesting. This seems to have resolved itself.

• Smhavens
    4 posts

@anicesubject how do you mean? Did you do anything or did it just start working randomly?

• anicesubject
    3 posts

@smhavens Yep! I waited a day, opened it up again, and it started working. It's perplexing but I'm not mad. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1451 posts

Hello all!

I apologise for the delayed update. Thank you for continuing to update this thread with your experiences of the issue, as well as providing more information as requested by Ubi-Woofer.

The development team are still looking into this issue further. If you're still encountering this error, please can you answer the following questions, as we can pass this onto the dedicated teams as part of the invesigation:

• Which model of PS4 are you playing the game on? (If using backwards compatibility on a PS5, or playing the PS5 version and this is happening, please state this)
    • What is the reference number on the spine of your game box?
    • Have you seen an error message about the disc not being read correctly as well as the "fully installed" error message at any time?
    • If you have another profile on your console, and would be willing to test, can you confirm if the same error message(s) appear when playing the game on another profile?

Thank you! I'd also suggest that you would try some of our troubleshooting steps as well, as this can limit the possibility of it being a localised issue. In particular, Ubi-Woofer suggested trying these troubleshooting steps

I'm now going to take the time to address some specific comments left within the thread since we were last able to provide an update.

@Nexus1821 - Thank you for taking the time to share that information. I've passed this on to the development team. As you didn't purchase the game from the Ubisoft Store, I'm afraid that we're unable to offer a refund. You can read more about this in our digital and physical refund policies.

@Destr0yer11041 - I can understand where you're coming from. Please be assured that the team is looking into this issue further. As Ubi-Woofer mentioned in their earlier post, as this issue requires external collaboration, we apologise for any delay between updates and a resolution to this issue. Thanks for providing an update to your experience. I'm glad to hear that you've finally gotten to England, but I'm sorry that this required you to start a new save.

@OmgitsDannii - Thank you for providing an update. I'm glad to hear that your new disc works. Thanks for sharing that information regarding the reference number on the spine of your box. I'll pass this on to the development team as well.

@Smhavens - I'm sorry to hear that you've encountered this error. If possible, can you please provide the additional information requested above so we can pass this on for further investigation? Thanks!

@anicesubject - Please be assured that the development team are still looking into this issue further. As it requires external collaboration, I'm afraid that there may be a delay between updates and a resolution, and we apologise for this inconvenience. I'm glad to hear that the issue seems to have resolved itself for you in the meantime. Thank you for sharing this update.

Official Response
  • Nusiec2020
    7 posts

@ubi-borealis, thanks for the update.

To answer your questions, here's my data:

PS4 Model - CUH1116A
    Reference numer from the box - CUSA18534
    Message about disc - problem - yes, I've encountered it few times. My PS4 saw the disc the second time I chose "play".
    Another profile test - I'll try and come back to you.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1451 posts

@Nusiec2020 - Hello there! Thanks for sharing this information. I'll pass the information you've provided so far on to the team. If you're able to test using another profile, please can you update this thread so we can add this to the report? Thank you!

Official Response
  • Tibe258
    5 posts

I just had the same exact problem, ps4 disc, reinstalling didn't work though i managed to fix it installing an extra lenguage pack (english pack, my game is in italian).
    After the pack was installed and reached 100% (oddly it started from 19% before it even downloaded it) the warning went away and i could start the mission. I did all in front of Sigurd.
    Hope it helps.

• Tibe258
    5 posts

@ubi-borealis I would tag everyone with this issue but it's a lot of people and i'm afraid i might be spamming, but i found a workaround. Forgot to tag you in my post above.

• DannyH08
    1 posts

Hello, I am having the same issue. Bought the game this week on PS4 and have gotten upto the seas of fate mission and doing the same thing as everyone else has said. It seems to have been an issue for a long time with other players and cannot believe it has not been fixed. As anyone worked out a way of fixing this?

• Tibe258
    5 posts

@dannyh08 I fixed it installing an extra language pack, see my post above. Let us know if it works for you too.

• BigZ08161
    5 posts

@Tibe258, I installed the language packs and everything too, but it didn’t work for me. I know I downloaded them from inside the game. Can you tell me if you got them downloaded from the Playstation store or from in the game? I’ll try again then

• Tibe258
    5 posts

@bigz08161 I downloaded them from inside the game too, i was there at the docks where i got the warning message, went to the options menu, downloaded one pack and waited with the game still running. When it installed the warning just went away.

• Nusiec2020
    7 posts

@Ubi-Borealis Hello again. I've used another profile, but the issue still appeared 😞 I've noticed now, every time I choose 'play' error CE-30005-8 shows up. So I have to press 'play' twice, because only after second time my PS4 sees the disc. I don't have such problems with any of my other games, so I guess it's not my PS4's fault.

@Tibe258 Thank you, I've tried your method, but unfortunately downloading any language package stucks at 0% 😞 I'll try again tho, maybe there's still hope 😉

undefined

• BigZ08161
    5 posts

@nusiec2020 I had the same issue when downloading the language packs. I eventually gave up waiting and turned the game off, but when I came back later, the language pack was downloaded. I tried after that and it never worked. I then downloaded the rest of the packs, but it still didn’t work. Still waiting for this to be fixed for 2 1/2 months now and I can’t believe they haven’t found an answer. It’s like they aren’t even working on it.

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics