Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• UNSOLVED [PS4] Unable to progress with "The Seas of Fate" as the game is not fully installed | POST HERE

5 Likes/224 Replies/5079 Views
    Tibe258
    5 posts

@bigz08161 I downloaded them from inside the game too, i was there at the docks where i got the warning message, went to the options menu, downloaded one pack and waited with the game still running. When it installed the warning just went away.

• Nusiec2020
    7 posts

@Ubi-Borealis Hello again. I've used another profile, but the issue still appeared 😞 I've noticed now, every time I choose 'play' error CE-30005-8 shows up. So I have to press 'play' twice, because only after second time my PS4 sees the disc. I don't have such problems with any of my other games, so I guess it's not my PS4's fault.

@Tibe258 Thank you, I've tried your method, but unfortunately downloading any language package stucks at 0% 😞 I'll try again tho, maybe there's still hope 😉

undefined

• BigZ08161
    5 posts

@nusiec2020 I had the same issue when downloading the language packs. I eventually gave up waiting and turned the game off, but when I came back later, the language pack was downloaded. I tried after that and it never worked. I then downloaded the rest of the packs, but it still didn’t work. Still waiting for this to be fixed for 2 1/2 months now and I can’t believe they haven’t found an answer. It’s like they aren’t even working on it.

• draskillion
    1 posts

My solution (that you dont want to hear)

-Get a PS5.
    -The upgrade-to-PS5 gives you the PS5 digital edition "free", so the disk is only used as verification.
    -Play game. (It's so beautiful in 4K, I'm happy to have "waited")

PS I'm pretty sure the problem is related to language pack, because it's when I tried to change the language that everything went to hell.

• marilkara23
    2 posts

I did it all ! I have downloaded the game in my PS4 (digital version) I began playing and in this quest( seas of fate) It just stuck ,there’s this message that “it’s not fully installed” but it is , I checked it . I did everything you said ,with the database and my license and all of that and still nothing !! now I deleted the game and I’m waiting for it to be reinstalled! CAN YOU JUST FIX THIS PLEASE? It’s February already and there are still the same issues! I’ve never had issues with any game before , but this is major ! Please do something

same Issue I’m stuck on “seas of fate” I’ve reinstalled the game I’ve checked my console memory, I’ve updated my license and I made the troubleshooting thing , I closed and reopened the console , I did all the recommenfed things I should do and still nothing ! Help ? The game is fully installed for the 2nd time no doubt about that. So what’s the matter

• marilkara23
    2 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • BigZ08161
    5 posts

Well guys, I succumbed to this game collecting dust on my shelf and traded it in to buy a new one. Was so excited for this game, and now I don’t have much and am playing to see if it’s as good as everyone says it is. Thanks for nothing Ubisoft

• Nusiec2020
    7 posts

@bigz08161 Same, after 84 years my language pack was downloaded, but it didn't fix the bug, so I've downloaded few more packs and still nothing 😞

• Nusiec2020
    7 posts

@ubi-borealis Guys, it's fixed! 😂 Today, while playing another game a notification "Assassin's Creed Valhalla is downloaded" popped out, so I've checked the game and miraculously warning wasn't there and I could've talk with Sigurd 😄 So after four months since starting this game, I'm finally in England 😀 I'm not sure, but I think the 'language pack trick' worked after all. So kudos to @Tibe258 😉

• Tibe258
    5 posts

@nusiec2020 Glad it worked, atleast for someone

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1061 posts

@Tibe258 - Thank you for sharing the solution that worked for you here in the thread! I hope that it will help further players to get past this issue as well. 🙂

@DannyH08 @BigZ08161 - If the issue with the "not fully installed" message is still happening for you after trying Tibe258's workaround, can you please provide the answers to my colleague @Ubi-Borealis' questions on the previous page? Rest assured that this is an issue the developers are still looking into, though they have struggled to reproduce it since the launch period. Thank you!

@Nusiec2020 - The error message "CE-30005-8" you were receiving is a PlayStation error code, which you can read more about here. There are some troubleshooting steps on that page I would recommend trying if you encounter the same issue again in the future, as well as cleaning your game disc, as it may be that it is dirty or scratched and that is why the issue only occurs with that disc in particular! Very glad to hear that you were able to get around this issue in the end. Enjoy the game!

@draskillion - Out of curiosity, did you encounter this issue if playing the PS4 version of the game on your PS5, or did you not test this? Glad to hear that you were able to play without issue on PS5 as is!

@marilkara23 - Do you have the game installed on your internal storage, or an external HDD drive? Could you please provide an image showing the error message, and another showing that you own a digital copy of the game, not physical? Thank you!

Official Response
  • RetroSun
    1 posts

Right so here I thought I was the only one with this issue, lo and behold, it's all over the place.

I pre-ordered the standard edition via local reseller (who has refused to take the game back, let alone reimburse me). I received the game upon release in Kuwait and seeing as it is a US version, they tend to be more expensive due to import fees. I'm incredibly aggravated that I can't play this amazing game from a series I've been with since the first one was released.

That said, these are the following steps I took in attempt to coerce a fix, including relevant information:

System
    Info: 2nd Generation 1TB Standard Console / US Account Primary

- Licenses Restored
    - System Initialized
    - Changed Disc Reader (New)
    - Total Refurbishment Incl. Heat Sink and Fan

Disc Related
    Info: Serial No. 2106425
    Edition: Standard

Issues:
    - Clicking and shuttering upon disc insertion
    - Game boots with multiple system attempts to read disc
    - Installs slowly and consistently does not go beyond 45.02 GB
    (this has been attempted 5 times now with the same result)
    - File size post version 2.2.0 is 57.60 GB
    - Attempted to install game offline with no update
    - Attempted to install game offline followed by reconnection and update
    - Attempted to install game while connected and allowed update to download
    - Booted game prior to complete installation
    - Booted game post complete installation
    - Booted game while update downloads and installation of base game is supposedly complete
    - Disc is new with no scratches, dents or visible irregularities
    - Game runs irregularly, crashes often and if consistent, overclocks the system
    - Attempted language Pack download, yet download will not begin.

Regardless of the above, when Sigurd is approached the same warning is presented due to incomplete installation. I'm out 75 USD as is and I'm still very much inclined to play this game, unfortunately there are no official stored here that can accommodate either reimbursement or disc changes. I'd even be happy with a digital version if provided.

Is there seriously no actual fix for this at all? From what I've read, apparently not. Frustration is just the tip of the iceberg as it were.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3626 posts

Hello there @RetroSun! Welcome to the forums 🙂

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with "The Seas of Fate," as well as to provide additional information about your setup and what troubleshooting steps you have tried. I've passed this information to the development team as part of the ongoing investigation.

The development team are still taking a closer look at players being prompted that the game is not fully installed during "The Seas of Fate." Currently, we have no new information to share. This includes a definite ETA for a fix. Please be assured that as soon as we have more updates to share from the investigation, they will be posted within this thread and in our News & Announcements forum.

If possible, have you been able to test using an alternative profile on your console?

You also provided us with the serial number of your disc. Would you be able to let us know what the reference number on the spine of your game box is?

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis

Hello all!

I apologise for the double post. The development team have reached out to us and they would like some more information from players who have encountered this installation error whilst playing the game.

If you are encountering this error message, please can you let us know the following information:

• If you own a digital copy of the game, please can you let us know your PSN username, as well as the country your PSN account is associated to?
    • If you own a physical copy of the game, please can you let us know the CUSA code on the spine of your game box?
    • Please can you send us a screenshot of the INFORMATION panel. You should be able to find this by pressing the "Options" button and selecting "Information" when hovering over the Assassin's Creed: Valhalla tile in the system dashboard.

We can then pass this information along to the development team for further investigation.

Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • mayumeida
    2 posts

@ubi-borealis
    Hello, I have a digital copy and I’m having the same issue. Is there a fix yet?

PSN name: heyMayu

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @mayumeida! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you've encountered this error when playing through Assassin's Creed: Valhalla. If possible, would you be able to share an image or a video that shows the pop-up you're receiving about your game not being fully installed? We can then include this in your report to the development team.

Just to confirm, does this issue occur when you're playing through "Seas of Fate?" Or does it happen for a different quest?

Thank you 😊

Official Response
  • mayumeida
    2 posts

@ubi-borealis
    It’s the same quest, Seas of Fate
    I took a picture but it seems I’m unable to upload it here for dimension size, so I’ll just write it down:

As I try to start the quest by approaching Sigurd to try to talk to him, the message appears:
    ”Warning
    You may not continue until the game is fully installed.
    Please wait for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla to finish installing and try again.”

And I can’t proceed from here. Cant talk to Sigurd to start the quest, I already installed other language packs because since I’m Brazilian I tried out the Portuguese pack, but still no luck with this bug.

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for confirming that this issue happens during "Seas of Fate," @mayumeida. I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble uploading an image to the forums. Thanks for providing us with a description, and for letting us know what steps you've tried already.

I'd like you to try some basic troubleshooting steps. First, please can you fully uninstall Assassin's Creed: Valhalla. This includes any additional DLC or expansions you may have (such as Season Passes). Once you have done this, please can you try these basic console troubleshooting steps. In particular, please Restore Licences and Rebuild the database of the console.

Once you have completed the troubleshooting steps, please reinstall the base game only. Once the game has fully downloaded, please launch the game and see if the issue still persists.

If you're still encountering the error, please can you provide us with the following images:

• An image of the error message
    • An image of the "Information" panel. You can find this by pressing the "Options" controller button and selecting "Information" when over the Assassin's Creed: Valhalla tile in the system dashboard

I recommend uploading these images to an online sharing platform, such as Google Drive or One Drive. You can then send us a link to these images, and we can take a closer look.

Thanks 😊

Official Response
  • CatCity28
    1 posts

@ubi-woofer No, it did not help. Still have the issue

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @CatCity28! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you're encountering this error when trying to progress in "The Seas of Fate." If you haven't already, please can you try some basic troubleshooting steps? First, please can you fully uninstall Assassin's Creed: Valhalla. This includes any additional DLC or expansions you may have (such as Season Passes). Once you have done this, please can you try these basic console troubleshooting steps. In particular, please Restore Licences and Rebuild the database of the console.

If you're still encountering the error, please can you provide us with the following images:

• An image of the error message
    • An image of the "Information" panel. You can find this by pressing the "Options" controller button and selecting "Information" when over the Assassin's Creed: Valhalla tile in the system dashboard

I recommend uploading these images to an online sharing platform, such as Google Drive or One Drive. You can then send us a link to these images, and we can take a closer look.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics