ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Locked SOLVED [RESOLVED] [PS] Unable to progress with "The Seas of Fate" as the game is not fully installed | POST HERE

5 Likes/234 Replies/7294 Views
    sasanoahlukas
    2 posts

I have buy game over playstation store and i have same problem i have instaled again all game and same problem at same place

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5779 posts

Hello there @sasanoahlukas!

I'm sorry to hear that you're encountering an installation error during "The Seas of Fate." Thanks for taking the time to share your report with us.

If you haven't already, we'd like you to first try some troubleshooting steps. First, please can you fully uninstall Assassin's Creed: Valhalla. This includes any additional DLC or expansions you may have (such as Season Passes).

Once you have done this, please can you try these basic console troubleshooting steps. In particular, please Restore Licences and Rebuild the database of the console.

If you're still encountering the error, please can you provide us with the following images:

• An image of the error message
    • An image of the "Information" panel. You can find this by pressing the "Options" controller button and selecting "Information" when over the Assassin's Creed: Valhalla tile in the system dashboard

I recommend uploading these images to an online sharing platform, such as Google Drive or One Drive. You can then send us a link to these images, and we can take a closer look.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • MrHolotrop
    1 posts

Can you PLEASE explain to me, how is it possible, that such major bug still persist after 9 months?! I just bought it today for PS5 and after 3 hours I can’t proceed because of this. And because I have a digital copy from PS store I don’t get a refund. Shame, really, really shame.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1268 posts

Welcome to Discussions, @mrholotrop, and thank you for sharing your report of this issue with us.

Can you please try the steps posted previously above by my colleague @Ubi-Borealis, as well as the additional ones in this PS5-specific guide? We'll need to verify that troubleshooting and reinstalling the game does not resolve the issue for you before we can can continue with our investigation. Please provide us with the requested images if the steps should not resolve the issue for you, and we'll then take a closer look. Many thanks! 🙂

Official Response
  • steelhuevos
    2 posts

@ubi-woofer I just bought the game a few days ago, and now I find out that there has been this major issue for almost a year and nothing has been done to fix it?
    How is that possible???

I followed all the steps and still get the error.

I got the "Cannot read disk" error a bunch of times.

Should I return the disk? How can you not have a fix 11 months in?

• steelhuevos
    2 posts

@steelhuevos I returned the game this afternoon and got a new one. Same error.

Is Ubisoft really not going to fix this?

• rjoebie
    2 posts

I bought this game Saturday. I downloaded it played the game to the seas of fate and it won’t let me play past this point. The game says

“warning you may not continue until the game is fully installed. Please wait for assassins creed Valhalla to finish installing and try again.”

my game is fully installed.

I deleted the game and restored the license and I rebuilt the data base.

Nothing worked i then deleted the game reinstalled it and still don’t work .

I installed this game 3 times each time it took like 6 hours .

how does this problem get resolved ?

• rjoebie
    2 posts

@ubi-woofer
    I also deleted it again and downloaded again due to the 1.4.1 patch which I was hoping to fix it . But I get the seas of fate and am not allowed to play this game.

• MoegoeWetter
    1 posts

I am getting this exact same error on PC.
    I have already verified the installation, which just redownloaded everything. I then couldn't even start the game as it was crashing immediately. I then had to uninstall it, and then reinstall it. after the initial download, play then updated it, and i had to wait hours again for it. This time the game launched, but the error persisted. I then walked around in the world, and got an overlay message from ubisoft, saying the game is fully installed. However - when I went to speak to Sigurd, I still got the error.

I don't know what to try anymore.

• WhipPapi
    1 posts

when i get close to sigurd and message pops up warns me that the game is not fully installed. please fix

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there,

I apologise for the delayed response. I'm sorry to hear that a number of you have been encountering installation errors whilst progressing through "The Seas of Fate." Thanks for taking the time to share your reports with us within this thread.

The development team have been unable to reproduce this issue during further testing. As a result, we will now be marking this thread as "Resolved."

If you have encountered this error in-game, can you first check that the installation of Assassin's Creed: Valhalla has been completed. You can check this by going to Notifications > Downloads on your console. If the game hasn't finished installing, please let the game fully install before playing any further. You should receive a notification when the game is fully installed.

If the game has been fully installed and you are still encountering this error, it could mean that the game files have been compromised due to the game being launched before installation completed. To troubleshoot this issue, please fully uninstall the game from your console. We then suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps provided on the support article for your console:

In particular, please ensure that you restore the licenses and rebuild your console database. Then reinstall Assassin's Creed: Valhalla. If you own the physical version of the game, please first disconnect the console from the internet before installing the game. Once the game has been fully installed, reconnect to the internet and allow the console to install any updates.

If the error continues to persist after trying those steps, please don't hesitate to update us within this thread so we can continue to investigate this issue further. Additionally, please let us know if you own the digital or physical version of the game, as this will help us to troubleshoot further.

@steelhuevos, @rjoebie & @WhipPapi - Have you been able to try the troubleshooting steps suggested above? If so, and the error still occurs in-game, please can you let us know if you update us within this thread? We can then continue to take a closer look at this.

@MoegoeWetter - As this thread is dedicated to the investigation into this error on PlayStation, I would recommend opening a new thread for the error you've received on PC. This will allow us to investigate your issue further without going off-topic within this thread.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • UngeSamurai
    1 posts

Hey, so I have this problem now where I cant access the sea of fate mission and it just says the Game has to be fully downloaded, which it is. Downloaded the game digitally yesterday. Have you found any way of fixing it?

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @UngeSamurai! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you've encountered this error once reaching "Seas of Fate." Just to confirm, has the installation of Assassin's Creed: Valhalla been completed? You can check this by going to Notifications > Downloads on your console. If the game hasn't finished installing, please let the game fully install before playing any further. You should receive a notification when the game is fully installed.

If the game has been fully installed and you are still encountering this error, it could mean that the game files have been compromised due to the game being launched before installation completed. To troubleshoot this issue, please fully uninstall the game from your console. We then suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps provided on the support article for your console:

In particular, please ensure that you restore the licenses and rebuild your console database. Then reinstall Assassin's Creed: Valhalla and allow it to fully install before launching.

If the error continues to persist after trying those steps, please don't hesitate to update us within this thread so we can continue to investigate this issue further. Additionally, please let us know if you own the digital or physical version of the game, as this will help us to troubleshoot further.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis

Hello there,

As we have had no reports of this issue with the installation error during “Seas of Fate” persisting for some time now, we will now be locking this thread.

If you have encountered this error in-game, can you first check that the installation of Assassin's Creed: Valhalla has been completed. You can check this by going to Notifications > Downloads on your console. If the game hasn't finished installing, please let the game fully install before playing any further. You should receive a notification when the game is fully installed.

PS4
    PS5

Please ensure that you restore the licenses and rebuild your console database. Then reinstall Assassin's Creed: Valhalla. If you own the physical version of the game, please first disconnect the console from the internet before installing the game. Once the game has been fully installed, reconnect to the internet, and allow the console to install any updates.

If the error continues to persist after trying those steps, the please feel welcome to create a new thread so we can take a closer look at this. Please confirm that you have been able to try these troubleshooting steps and provide an image/video of the error you’re receiving whilst progressing in “Seas of Fate.”

Thanks! 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics