Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• UBIFMC93
    3 posts

Hi, I'm playing on GEFORCENOW.

Unfortunately I'm stuck on the unwelcome quest glitch. Apparently the workaround is to modify the graphic settings... the game needs to restart for those to take affect and GEFORCE now sets the game back to the settings they want.

I do have an option to pass in command line launch args, can someone explain how to set the graphics to high using launch args?

Thanks

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2812 posts
    Best Answer

Hello all!

The investigation into "Unwelcome" was marked as resolved following TU 1.0.4.

As there have been no new reports for this issue, I will now be locking this thread. If you're still unable to proceed in "Unwelcome" following the last Title Update, please can you open up a new thread so we can keep this investigation separate.

Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • FM_Ingstorm
    1 posts

has this happend befor? i am in england the place u get 2 first when the raiders has taken the camp.

• Arabyslasher
    2 posts

Setting graphics to Ultra didn't work for me. The whole game crashes. But did change to medium and let the cutscene play all the way to the end. Didn't touch mouse och keyboard at all! And now it works.

• UBIFMC93
    3 posts

@mustafawastaken Worked for me on Geforce now - thank you!

• UBIFMC93
    3 posts

Was attempting the above to get past the game breaking bugs in "Unwelcome"

This post provided a different solution that worked - https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/80505/unable-to-progress-with-unwelcome-post-here/297?lang=en-US&_=1605620415219

• Fidell62
    1 posts

@lenoxus12 Worked, thanks!!

• die_hard-max
    3 posts

When I start the game I begin the mission 'Uninvited Guest'. There is a cutscéne and after the cutscéne I spawn outside the mission area and I burn the bounty that had been set on me by the King whose name I cant remember, This was from another mission. I know it sounds weird but this actually happened everytime i try to play the game. I can walk around but i cant start another quest or return too the quest i was doing. Please respond if you know how to fix it.

• die_hard-max
    3 posts

Ubisoft or someone else pls respond.
    I start the game and start the mission 'Uninvited quest' I watch the cutscéne and after that I spawn outside the mission into an area with Roman ruins where I burn the Bounty that was set on me by the king from another mission. After that I can go wherever I want but I cant go back too the mission I was doing. I know this sounds weird but this is wat actually is happening on my screen. I think this is because I did the mission where I had too burn my bounty but that mission glitcht and I didnt complete that cutscéne I think. Can someone help met with this because i am clueless what to do.

• japp76
    1 posts

I have the same problem. Unfortually the graphic changing fix dosnt work for me. Getting really annoyed!!!

• Kuratoro
    97 posts

I am worried this bug is now getting overlooked because of the moderator that changed this topics' name. He named if after 1 of the most bugged quest in this game (The Unwelcome Quest), however as I said before this post is about the "Uninvited Guests Quest". But because this has Unwelcome in its name it probably gets overlooked as 1 of the bugs that has been reported over 1000 times already in the major bugged quest we know as Unwelcome. But it is not, it is a new bug which has not been reported yet in a totally different mission. So pls edit it back and fix your own mistake, because I can't.

• Aten977
    5 posts

Hi,

So I just arrived at the encampment in England, did some fighting after setting foot on the ground and now I have to explore the area, it's saying that scavengers could be hiding in the longhouse. So I walk up there, there's an open entrance right at the top of the hill, I get in and find 2 people. A long dialog follows, and at the end the screen turns black and the game loads/saves for quite a long time. Abnormally much longer than everything else so far. Then the image reappears, Ragnar and Sigurd and that third big guy are in the longhouse facing each other close in triangle position, and from there there is absolutely nothing I can do anymore other than quit the game. I can't move or do anything at all.

I have tried quitting to main screen, reloading and go through that dialogue multiple times, the exact same thing happens every time. I left the game, restarted the game, rebooted, there is just nothing I can do. I tried doing something else than going in that house but you can't do anything else at this stage. You can't fast travel and you can't go very far in England, 200-300 meters and you are blocked as the game prevents you from going any further (telling about some memory issues, with the animus I suppose, preventing from going farther).

So yeah, I'm a bit in a situation where it's game over / play something else until the bug is fixed 🙂

Thanks for the help,

JC

• Canineplanet788
    1 posts

After im done talking with the hostage i cant move!! tried to change grahics like other people did, and it didnt work.. plz fix

• Aten977
    5 posts

Yeah me too this is very annoying, I haven't been able to play the game for 2 days and by the looks of it I won't be playing today either...

• Aten977
    5 posts

@sippinleannn While appreciate your help and the enthusiasm of those who tried, I am already playing at the highest possible resolution with all settings at the max level, so yeah, bad luck for me I guess 🤣 I'll try lowering the settings then 🤣

• Aten977
    5 posts

So referring to @SippinLeannn 's post and my previous post answering his, I went ahead and decided to try lowering the settings... to my surprise the game had reset my graphics settings somehow, they were no longer at max settings. So I set them back, and that actually allowed me to complete the quest, indeed, like @SippinLeannn said. Thank you 🙂

• ThreadWitch
    3 posts

Hi guys,

So I'm also having the bug where I can't leave the longhouse. but mine is slightly different. It started out like the others, bunched up with Sigurd and Dag, but now I'm standing about six feet away from the guy that teaches you flyting and I can't move. I've tried changing the graphics and it hasn't worked. I'm just stuck. Any advice?

• ThreadWitch
    3 posts

@stefanstade I'm having that exact same issue, standing next to the flyting guy, unable to move. I've been trying to fix it for a couple days now and it's still not working.

• Dubvhero
    1 posts

@xzxz5011 this hasnt worked for me!!! 😞

• Ubi-Spud
    Ubisoft Support Staff 698 posts

Hey there! The developers are aware of this issue, have reproduced it and will fix in a future update. Changing your "world details" to high can sometimes bypass this. Otherwise, thank you for your patience!

Official Response
  • MR.DOOM_FURY
    1 posts

There is a mission called "unwelcome " its after you arrived to England . After i untie the hostages in the longhouse there is a 30 second long loading screen . Then i cant move , i cannot call my bird , i cannot open the map . My character is just standing there . i tried to unistall the game then download it again , i tried to do the whole story again .
    But in that mission there is the bug i cant fix

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics