Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• StrachanStoats
    4 posts

Yeah, this issue still hasn't been fixed. It's easily replicable, and it's stopping me from completing any other quests quite early in the game.

The proposed workaround above isn't working.

I honestly don't see why we can't have a "force reload quest objective" thing to fix these issues.

• larrykop1967
    66 posts

I had this bug with this quest back in November on the 1.02 patch, which just updated out of the blue and i got past it at the time, i've since started a new game using the latest patch and i had no issues this time around, the mission worked as it should, so it has been fixed for me at least, but i did start from scratch,

No idea why we are all having different types of bugs and issues with the same quest's.

• d_train_
    1 posts

I am on patch 1.1.1 and have this issue - can't progress without completing this - come on, this issue has been around for months, why is it hit fixed yet??

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3664 posts

Hello everyone!

I apologise for the delayed update. Thank you for continuing to update this threads with your experiences of the issue. I'm sorry to hear that the workaround has not helped all of you to progress further with the quest.

The development team are still looking into this issue further. As part of the investigation, we'd like to collect some additional information from affected players. Would you be able to let us know the following

• Which platform do you use (PC/PS/Xbox)?
    • In what order did you complete the 3 missions from Grantebridgescire: Razing Earnningstone - Unholy Father - Storming Ravensburg.
    • Can you remember where was the NPC Lif when you killed the priest?

Additionally, if you play the game on PC/PS4, we would be interested in collecting your save files for further investigation. If you are encountering this issue on either of those platforms, please can you open a support ticket and submit your save for further investigation. Once you have opened a ticket, please share your ticket number within this thread. That way, we can ensure that all of the data is passed on to the development team. Thank you! 😊

Official Response
  • StrachanStoats
    4 posts

Opened a ticket, reported the bug etc.

Wasn't addressed in the latest 1.1.2 patch, still can't initiate dialogue with Lif. Can't really be bothered starting a new game and jumping through all the [censored] challenges to get back to this point - just wanna hunt down some cult members.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1110 posts

Hey @strachanstoats - I am sorry to hear that this issue with "Unholy Father" persists for you in TU 1.1.2. I can see in your support case 14090620 that you were asked the same questions as my colleague @Ubi-Borealis asked above, but we did not receive a response from you, so your case was closed automatically. Could you please provide us with the requested information, as well as a video of the issue if possible? It would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Official Response
  • philipmolker
    2 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • philipmolker
    2 posts

i can’t even start the “Unholy Father”… Lif is just sitting in the ground and repairing on his shield every time I get there. Tried to reinstall, go to England and back, get him op putting his little camp on fire and maaaany other things but nothing works so SUPER great game. Any one with the same problemo?

playing on Ps5

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1361 posts

Hello @philipmolker,

Sorry to hear that you are unable to start this quest. The development team is currently investigating issues with this quest, and as soon as we have an update on this, we are going to let everyone know through this thread. If you have any additional information that you can provide about your specific issue - such as which quest you completed directly before "Unholy Father", and whether you've tried reloading an older save, that would be much appreciated.

Thank you for your patience and apologies for any inconvenience caused by this. If you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • ItsMaxK
    1 posts

This happened to me yesterday. After finding this post, I deceived to look for every soldier and killed them. I also did a manual save and loaded while in the area. After a while it all worked.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @ItsMaxK! Welcome to the forums 🙂

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with "Unholy Father" with us. I'm glad to hear that you've been able to find a workaround to allow you to progress in this quest 😄 Thanks for taking the time to let us know how you were able to do this.

If you are still affected with this issue and are unable to progress in "Unholy Father" after escaping Walden, I would like to reassure you all that the development team have been investigating this further. They have shared that they plan to deploy a fix for this quest in a future update! We don't yet have a confirmed ETA for when this update is to be deployed. Once we have more information to share with you all, it will be posted within this thread and in the News & Announcements forums.

Thank you 😊

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the development team intend to deploy a fix for "Unholy Father" in TU 1.2.2. This update will be deployed 15 June, 2021 at 2 PM CEST / 8 AM ET.

If you are still encountering issues with "Unholy Father" following TU 1.2.2, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • That the issue continues to persists in-game following this update.

Additionally, please ensure that you have an up-to-date save uploaded to the cloud. We can then pass these reports to the development team for further investigation.

Thank you! 😊

Official Response
  • PSISLIFE
    1 posts

This is still not working after the update, losing motivation to 100% this. I've tried everything that has worked previously still nothing!

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @PSISLIFE! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you're still encountering trouble with "Unholy Father" following TU 1.2.2. To help us to take a closer look at this, could you please send us a video which shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • That you are unable to progress in "Unholy Father" as "Escape Walden" does not complete upon leaving the area.

We can then pass this along to the development team for a closer look.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • hightechboy1986
    1 posts

Same here, Series X last update and the priest don't let me interact with him. Has been 130+ hours, please, solve this!

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @hightechboy1986! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you're unable to interact with the priest in "Unholy Father." Thanks for taking the time to share your report with us.

To help us to take a closer look at this, would you be able to send us a video which shows the following:

• That you are unable to interact with the priest to continue "Unholy Father."

We can then forward this report to the development team for further investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • jingchang80
    5 posts

i was having this problem , cannot give hytham medallions , i was on 1.2.2.1 patch also having this problem !!!

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @jingchang80!

Just to confirm, are you encountering trouble with "Unholy Father" as well as "Breaking the Order?"

If you're just unable to hand the medallions to Hytham, I recommend sharing your report in this Megathread if you haven't already, so we can investigate further.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

As we have had no further reports of this issue persisting in-game following the release of TU 1.2.2, we will now be locking this thread.

If you encounter any further trouble with "Unholy Father," please don't hesitate to open up a new thread so we can take a closer look. When opening a new thread, please include as much information about the issue you're encountering as possible. Any images or videos that demonstrate the issue in-game are also helpful for further investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics