Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Rubetoman
    1 posts

I had the same issue and tried everything commented on this post to fix this bug without any luck.

Then I did this and worked for me: I entered the town from the zip line near the church, I saved inside Walden, I restarted the game and fixed.
    After loading the game I was outside and the quest said to talk to Lif.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 713 posts

Hello again everyone,

Thank you for providing these additional accounts of the issue and workarounds for it since my last post. I've passed on all of the relevant details to the developers for them to review and consider in trying to reproduce the issue.

As I mentioned before, it would be helpful if we could acquire the specific details below in order for this to be investigated thoroughly by the team:

• Videos of the issue (showing that you have fulfilled the objective but it has not completed - please upload these to YouTube or a similar site, and provide a link!)
    • Your save files (if playing on PC or PS4) via a support case or Live Chat
    • Confirmation of the order in which you completed the following quests: Razing Earnningstone, Unholy Father, and Storming Ravensburg
    • Information about where Lif was located when you killed the priest, and also when escaping - did he follow you / were you together?

In particular, the developers have asked for save files and to know the other of the quests completed for the three advisors, so if anyone would be willing to open a support case and provide their save files using the above linked instructions, it would be much appreciated. Please make sure to include your case reference number as well as the requested information in your replies following this post! Thank you.

Official Response
  • guest-RBYTtcCB
    1 posts
    I had the same issue and tried everything commented on this post to fix this bug without any luck.

Then I did this and worked for me: I entered the town from the zip line near the church, I saved inside Walden, I restarted the game and fixed.
    After loading the game I was outside and the quest said to talk to Lif.

Hi!
    The suggestion helped me!

Enter the the town from the front gate, go ahead to the zip line near the church, slide on it, go back to the center of the town, save the game, load the game and you'll spawn with the option to talk to Lif.

Thank you and good luck all 🙏🏼

• ericchantigny
    1 posts

The thing that fixed it for me is I went into town and died (by mistake). Then I reloaded next to the zip line. I stayed there to check this thread and see what to do. I lift my head and Life was next to me, ready to talk. So I guess, stay there and it ends up unblocking.

My order was
    1- Ravensburg
    2- Unholy Father (died while getting out). Left thinking the quest was done.
    3- Earnings time
    4- Noticed that I still had the escape Warden in my quests... Then this mess all you had.

Hope this helps.
    On Xbox series X so can't provide save file.

• scottnunn
    1 posts

Anyone found a fix for this? Is UBISOFT working on a patch to fix this problem?

• RoYaL3wthcHe3zE
    1 posts

Hey guys this bug just happened to me today! The fix mentioned above where you: slide down the zipline, run back to the center of the town, then save and quit; totally worked for me!

Worth mentioning, it did not work right away... when the game loaded it still said "Escape Walden" but then after a couple seconds the quest updated. Goodluck and thanks for nothing Ubisoft!

• Ubi-Woofer

@guest-RBYTtcCB I'm glad to hear that the workaround you shared worked for you, and that you were since able to progress! Please let me know if you come across any further issues.

@ericchantigny Thanks for providing this information, and for letting me know that you were able to progress as well! I hope that you've been enjoying the game.

@scottnunn We are still investigating this issue at the moment. Can you please confirm whether you have tried the workaround shared above by guest-RBYTtcCB? It has proven to work for several players now. I'll quote it below for clarity:

Enter the the town from the front gate, go ahead to the zip line near the church, slide on it, go back to the center of the town, save the game, load the game and you'll spawn with the option to talk to Lif.

@RoYaL3wthcHe3zE Glad to hear that you were able to progress using the workaround as well. I sincerely apologise for the issue, and hope that you've been enjoying the game since!

Official Response
  • SK1CROW69
    4 posts

@ubi-woofer I tried entering through the front gate, sliding down the zipline and saving in the center of the town. After reloading it, still the quest won't update to allow me to speak with Lif. Still can't progress pass this. 😖

• StrachanStoats
    4 posts

Yeah, this issue still hasn't been fixed. It's easily replicable, and it's stopping me from completing any other quests quite early in the game.

The proposed workaround above isn't working.

I honestly don't see why we can't have a "force reload quest objective" thing to fix these issues.

• larrykop1967
    65 posts

I had this bug with this quest back in November on the 1.02 patch, which just updated out of the blue and i got past it at the time, i've since started a new game using the latest patch and i had no issues this time around, the mission worked as it should, so it has been fixed for me at least, but i did start from scratch,

No idea why we are all having different types of bugs and issues with the same quest's.

• d_train_
    1 posts

I am on patch 1.1.1 and have this issue - can't progress without completing this - come on, this issue has been around for months, why is it hit fixed yet??

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1535 posts

Hello everyone!

I apologise for the delayed update. Thank you for continuing to update this threads with your experiences of the issue. I'm sorry to hear that the workaround has not helped all of you to progress further with the quest.

The development team are still looking into this issue further. As part of the investigation, we'd like to collect some additional information from affected players. Would you be able to let us know the following

• Which platform do you use (PC/PS/Xbox)?
    • In what order did you complete the 3 missions from Grantebridgescire: Razing Earnningstone - Unholy Father - Storming Ravensburg.
    • Can you remember where was the NPC Lif when you killed the priest?

Additionally, if you play the game on PC/PS4, we would be interested in collecting your save files for further investigation. If you are encountering this issue on either of those platforms, please can you open a support ticket and submit your save for further investigation. Once you have opened a ticket, please share your ticket number within this thread. That way, we can ensure that all of the data is passed on to the development team. Thank you! 😊

Official Response
  • StrachanStoats
    4 posts

Opened a ticket, reported the bug etc.

Wasn't addressed in the latest 1.1.2 patch, still can't initiate dialogue with Lif. Can't really be bothered starting a new game and jumping through all the [censored] challenges to get back to this point - just wanna hunt down some cult members.

• Ubi-Woofer

Hey @strachanstoats - I am sorry to hear that this issue with "Unholy Father" persists for you in TU 1.1.2. I can see in your support case 14090620 that you were asked the same questions as my colleague @Ubi-Borealis asked above, but we did not receive a response from you, so your case was closed automatically. Could you please provide us with the requested information, as well as a video of the issue if possible? It would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Official Response
  • philipmolker
    2 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • philipmolker
    2 posts

i can’t even start the “Unholy Father”… Lif is just sitting in the ground and repairing on his shield every time I get there. Tried to reinstall, go to England and back, get him op putting his little camp on fire and maaaany other things but nothing works so SUPER great game. Any one with the same problemo?

playing on Ps5

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 533 posts

Hello @philipmolker,

Sorry to hear that you are unable to start this quest. The development team is currently investigating issues with this quest, and as soon as we have an update on this, we are going to let everyone know through this thread. If you have any additional information that you can provide about your specific issue - such as which quest you completed directly before "Unholy Father", and whether you've tried reloading an older save, that would be much appreciated.

Thank you for your patience and apologies for any inconvenience caused by this. If you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics