Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Infectoid
    1 posts

I can't progress. Went in, killed the priest, left, did the other two objectives of that quest line out of the three and been trying to get past the Escape Walden objective. Went in multiple times, killed everyone, inclusive to civilian priest, left via right scaffold, left via left zipline out of the church. Ran out of the province. Did a lap clockwise around the entire camp (to confirm above fix for someone else), did more counter clockwise. All while the dude's been following me. Nothing's working. Port out, go back to camp, the dude just randomly appears and tails me aimlessly.

• MrObnoxiousUK
    1 posts

Unable to progress in Unholy father as well, snuck in killed priest, get the message leave Walden, leave and no update. Cue entering and exiting dozens of times, killing every guard, fast traveling and restarting the game, nothing works.
    Get this fixed Ubisoft, it effects my progress in the main scenario, so chop chop and get it fixed.

• Pyro_ubi1010
    1 posts

Games freezes as soon as I get close to the church. Tried everything to fix it. I can quit the game but if I don’t and I try to wait for it to “unfreeze” it crashes my system. Xbox one x.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 713 posts

Hello everyone,

Thank you for continuing to report your issues with the "Unholy Father" quest. I sincerely apologise that we did not reply here until now, but rest assured that the developers have been investigating this for you! So far, reproduction of the issue has sadly been unsuccessful, so the developers would like to request the following from you all to try and help them with their investigation:

• Videos of the issue (showing that you have fulfilled the objective but it has not completed - please upload these to YouTube or a similar site, and provide a link!)
    • Your save files (if playing on PC or PS4) via a support case or Live Chat
    • Confirmation of the order in which you completed the following quests: Razing Earnningstone, Unholy Father, and Storming Ravensburg
    • Information about where Lif was located when you killed the priest, and also when escaping - did he follow you / were you together?

If you could let me know your case reference numbers here in this thread, that would be awesome. Thank you for your help! 🙂

Official Response
  • SBrovsky
    2 posts

@ubi-woofer I'm not sure if this will help the Dev team, but I had the same issue completing Unholy Father, tried all ideas in the forum above and nothing worked. I decided to go back to Norway to finish all quests there and then come back to see if this issue would resolve. When I now try and go back to England, I get the "falling through the world" bug - going to the world map while falling doesn't let me Fast Travel to another spot, so I die over and over again. I have tried dozens of save games and Fast traveling from different spots on the Norway map - still the same result. I'm playing on an Xbox One X and I'm 26 hours 23 minutes into the game. I have also shut down and restarted the console multiple times as well.
    I really want to play this game over Thanksgiving Break - help!

• Blessus
    2 posts

unholy father quest still bugged. Patch 1.0.4 didnt fix anything to that quest 😞 at lest not for me how its for u other guys have u fix u mission? or? this quest simply bugged

• nessman21
    1 posts

Same problem here. Can’t get past ‘Unholy Father’ after it says escape Walden. Now all my current saves cause me to fall through the floor of the map caught in a never ending loop....wtfff

• SK1CROW69
    4 posts

@infectoid
    Exact same problem. Tried all the possible suggested scenarios posted on this thread and I still can't get past "Escape Waldon". Please get this fix or at least give us a way to restart the mission.

• sealteamrix
    1 posts

Tried everything in this forum and nothing worked. Devs pls

• Sathya2904
    3 posts

I played this mission yesterday, encountered this problem and googled to find that many of you guys have been having the same problem as me. First to clarify with everyone, what consoles are you guys playing on? I play on XBox One X and see here that many of you have been playing on an XBox as well. I saw many walkthrough videos on youtube where the mission worked fine and notice what they all have in common was that they were played on PS. For some, it seems to work on XBox too, so I am not sure it's a console specific issue (Sorry, just thinking out loud).

For the devs, maybe some details of how I played the mission might help?

I started this story arc even before meeting Sigurd in Repton. In the story arc, I picked the Lif mission as the third of the three available raiding/pillaging missions.

1. I spoke with Lif first to begin mission.
    2. Since I wanted to go stealthy about it, I did not enter Walden directly through the gate, but around the fence and directly through the backside where the church was (or the closest entry point on the fence). Killed the priest and guards, got book of knowledge, exited church.
    3. I then decided to also collect the wealth before leaving Walden, wanted to be stealthy about it but ended up in open combat. I was almost done when I took multiple hits and died.
    4. When the last checkpoint/save reloaded I was outside the fence of Walden with the mission being to escape Walden. Right!
    5. I found a guard tower part of the fence on the side where I could climb up and saw that Lif approached me and joined me from inside, hooded. We ran outside and exited Walden area. But, like many users have mentioned, Lif just followed me around for a distance and then ignored me. Next stages of the mission was not triggered. I even tried going back in, killing the guards looting all the wealth basically completing the area. Result is still the same.

I am not in the habit of making gameplay videos, so unfortunately I can't provide video evidence. I'm happy to offer any other details that might help. 😞

• TheBassyTV
    2 posts

In case it helps, probs won't because I've read so many various things already tried.

In my case, I was doing everything and was just about to escape, I dunno what happened. I just know I messed up got stuck and just got hammered and arrowed. I ended up dying and it spawned me outside on a deck. I couldn't talk to him, so ran back in, started killing again but the area wasn't highlighted anymore.

I've explored and ignored the quest for some time, so the quicksave reversal option wasn't for me.

I ended up going in trying to kill all the soldiers again, that didn't work, so I ran far away until he ignores and then I ran back.

For whatever reason it took me about 1.5 hours, but I had had enough I started killing a bunch of civilians, got desynced and it respawned back on that deck. I still couldn't talk to him but somehow I ran around in a circle on the deck and ran through him. All of a sudden poof I could talk to him and complete the quest.

Good luck!

• Rubetoman
    1 posts

I had the same issue and tried everything commented on this post to fix this bug without any luck.

Then I did this and worked for me: I entered the town from the zip line near the church, I saved inside Walden, I restarted the game and fixed.
    After loading the game I was outside and the quest said to talk to Lif.

• Ubi-Woofer

Hello again everyone,

Thank you for providing these additional accounts of the issue and workarounds for it since my last post. I've passed on all of the relevant details to the developers for them to review and consider in trying to reproduce the issue.

As I mentioned before, it would be helpful if we could acquire the specific details below in order for this to be investigated thoroughly by the team:

• Videos of the issue (showing that you have fulfilled the objective but it has not completed - please upload these to YouTube or a similar site, and provide a link!)
    • Your save files (if playing on PC or PS4) via a support case or Live Chat
    • Confirmation of the order in which you completed the following quests: Razing Earnningstone, Unholy Father, and Storming Ravensburg
    • Information about where Lif was located when you killed the priest, and also when escaping - did he follow you / were you together?

In particular, the developers have asked for save files and to know the other of the quests completed for the three advisors, so if anyone would be willing to open a support case and provide their save files using the above linked instructions, it would be much appreciated. Please make sure to include your case reference number as well as the requested information in your replies following this post! Thank you.

Official Response
  • guest-RBYTtcCB
    1 posts
    I had the same issue and tried everything commented on this post to fix this bug without any luck.

Then I did this and worked for me: I entered the town from the zip line near the church, I saved inside Walden, I restarted the game and fixed.
    After loading the game I was outside and the quest said to talk to Lif.

Hi!
    The suggestion helped me!

Enter the the town from the front gate, go ahead to the zip line near the church, slide on it, go back to the center of the town, save the game, load the game and you'll spawn with the option to talk to Lif.

Thank you and good luck all 🙏🏼

• ericchantigny
    1 posts

The thing that fixed it for me is I went into town and died (by mistake). Then I reloaded next to the zip line. I stayed there to check this thread and see what to do. I lift my head and Life was next to me, ready to talk. So I guess, stay there and it ends up unblocking.

My order was
    1- Ravensburg
    2- Unholy Father (died while getting out). Left thinking the quest was done.
    3- Earnings time
    4- Noticed that I still had the escape Warden in my quests... Then this mess all you had.

Hope this helps.
    On Xbox series X so can't provide save file.

• scottnunn
    1 posts

Anyone found a fix for this? Is UBISOFT working on a patch to fix this problem?

• RoYaL3wthcHe3zE
    1 posts

Hey guys this bug just happened to me today! The fix mentioned above where you: slide down the zipline, run back to the center of the town, then save and quit; totally worked for me!

Worth mentioning, it did not work right away... when the game loaded it still said "Escape Walden" but then after a couple seconds the quest updated. Goodluck and thanks for nothing Ubisoft!

• Ubi-Woofer

@guest-RBYTtcCB I'm glad to hear that the workaround you shared worked for you, and that you were since able to progress! Please let me know if you come across any further issues.

@ericchantigny Thanks for providing this information, and for letting me know that you were able to progress as well! I hope that you've been enjoying the game.

@scottnunn We are still investigating this issue at the moment. Can you please confirm whether you have tried the workaround shared above by guest-RBYTtcCB? It has proven to work for several players now. I'll quote it below for clarity:

Enter the the town from the front gate, go ahead to the zip line near the church, slide on it, go back to the center of the town, save the game, load the game and you'll spawn with the option to talk to Lif.

@RoYaL3wthcHe3zE Glad to hear that you were able to progress using the workaround as well. I sincerely apologise for the issue, and hope that you've been enjoying the game since!

Official Response
  • SK1CROW69
    4 posts

@ubi-woofer I tried entering through the front gate, sliding down the zipline and saving in the center of the town. After reloading it, still the quest won't update to allow me to speak with Lif. Still can't progress pass this. 😖

• StrachanStoats
    4 posts

Yeah, this issue still hasn't been fixed. It's easily replicable, and it's stopping me from completing any other quests quite early in the game.

The proposed workaround above isn't working.

I honestly don't see why we can't have a "force reload quest objective" thing to fix these issues.

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics