Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Dbjs2009
    8 posts

@Ubi-Woofer

Please relay to the developers that the issue is most likely some bug with the blacksmith NPC (Gunnar) the game almost always crashes when he's around or when you interact with him, when I needed to upgrade a weapon the game always crashed afterwards and since this quest involves a cutscene no one is able to progress further before the game crashes, Gunnar the blacksmith IS the root of this problem!!

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1009 posts
    Best Answer

Hello everyone, sorry to double post, but I come bearing exciting news!

I’m pleased to say that TU 1.1.1 was announced last night, and will be released today on January 14th! In this patch, we have a fix for the issue in “Settling Down” whereby a blackscreen would prevent progression after constructing Gunnar’s forge / Blacksmith shop.

After the patch is deployed, please try again to build the forge and you should find that you are now able to proceed into your settlement and get to exploring the rest of Ravensthorpe. If you experience any issues, you should of course feel welcome to communicate those with us here, and we’ll get those looked into as soon as possible!

Thank you all for your patience regarding this issue, and I hope that today's patch will fix it for all of you and allow you to continue on your journey across England. 🙂

Official Response
  • sharkzp
    2 posts

Having the same problem.

1. Made a raid
    2. Upgraded blacksmith
    3. Had a auto-dialog with Gunnar – upgraded my axe
    4. Left the dialog and cannot talk to anyone now

Doesn't work on my PC and on PS4.

• ethilin
    2 posts

Same problem for me; although:
    I got the upgrade to work the first time; but then bought an upgrade for a weapon I didn't mean to; so reloaded my save 😞
    Now the forge is upgraded, but Gundar doesn't move from his starting position.
    I tried a few things; fast travelled away, then walked back, walked to fast travel point and back again, reloaded.
    Completed a mystery; no change.

Reloaded to a save just prior to doing the raid; fast travelled back to Ravensthorpe, paid with materials, ps4 crashed; and back to forge upgraded but stock stil Gundar, and no quest update under the quest title in top left.
    Currently re-installing the game, but to the internal hard drive of the PS4 instead of external USB drive.
    Will grab saves and upload them for devs to look at; will also try going back to the special quest save and replaying from there; will report back on that also.

• kier_blu
    1 posts

Im on PS5 and have a very similar problem. I don't remember the game crashing or going to a black screen, but I have finished Settling Down, and now Sons of Ragnar (the next quest) is not available. Settling Down is in my completed quests, so it should make Sons of Ragnar available, but its not there...I have over 30 hours of gameplay, loads of side missions and raids and gear etc. etc. so I am NOT willing to start this game over because of a bug! this is driving me insane

• ethilin
    2 posts

@ethilin Restarting from the special save has allowed progression. I did the same RAID and sync point as my previous attempt.

@Ubi-Woofer I have a copy of a save file you've requested to help the devs; however unable to open a case and attach the file as get "In the light of the current situation, we are temporarily restricting our support to live chat only."
    And live chat is currently not available either.

• jsncutler6
    5 posts

I submitted my save files to case number 13419220. I hope to be able to experience this game's story after the next patch.

• sw0056
    7 posts

For those of us that want a refund, how do we approach this with Ubisoft? It's been over a month and still no answer or hope that this will get resolved any time soon. This was a gigantic failure in what should have been a great game.

• timb3rly
    1 posts

@sw0056 same here. Same bug, game bought directly from UPlay store (playing on pc). No progress on almost four weeks. Would love to swap this game to Immortals (been reading many reviews, no bugs, no glitches).

This was the last time I preorder anything from Ubisoft. I will wait until the end of december, If it's not fixed, I want a refund. Origins and Odyssey had small flaws at launch, but nothing like this. This is not a small game company with a small group of developers, so it's not okay to get a game this unfinished for full price.

I hate to love the AC games... Not good, Ubisoft, not at all.

• Xsarsus
    11 posts

Having the same problem.

1. Made a raid
    2. Upgraded blacksmith

Can one month still the problem exists.....

• Xsarsus
    11 posts

Having the same problem.

1. Made a raid
    2. Upgraded blacksmith

• Xsarsus
    11 posts

30th day with this bug

1. Made a raid
    2. Upgraded blacksmith

• krohnjw
    16 posts

@Ubi-Woofer I opened a support ticket here just to make sure this isn't a silent issue outside of the forums and they are closing the ticket. Is there any update here? We're going to enter month two of not being able to make any progress in the story. I'm sure everyone here is patient, but this is reaching a bit of a ludicrous state at this point.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3571 posts

Hello everyone!

Sorry for the delayed response. Thanks for continuing to update this thread with your reports and experience of the issue. The developers believe that they have been able to find the cause of the issue, and we hope to implement a fix in an upcoming patch 😊

I'm afraid that I don't have any additional information to share about this fix, including when it will be deployed. Once we have more information, we will share it within this thread.

At this moment in time, we don't require any further save files, images or videos, but thank you to HcSlayerCape, ethilin and jsncutler6 for collecting these for us.

If you have any additional information about the issue that you'd like to share with us, please don't hesitate to update this thread. We thank you for your continued patience and understanding as we continue to work on this 🙂

sw0056 - If you would like to seek a refund, I recommend that you open up a support ticket. Our dedicated store team will then be able to review your request. Please note that these are considered on a case-by-case basis.

Official Response
  • sw0056
    7 posts

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/37043/hotfix-1-04

CD projekt red releases their 1.04 patch within a day of the game. Ubisoft released 1.04 sixteen days after initial release.

And no fix on a frozen game. Slow clap for the team.

• guest-8UfkoayX
    1 posts

I cannot speak with the weapon smith to finish the settling down quest.

• sw0056
    7 posts

@Ubi-Borealis

Official Ubisoft response regarding a refund:

In regards to your refund request, we'd unfortunately be unable to assist further with that at this time. You would need to reach out to the vendor you purchased the game from to look into a possible refund.

No retailer will offer a refund for an open game so what the heck is anyone supposed to be doing? I'd really appreciate it if Ubisoft made this wrong a right. For a company that posted 1.7 billion euros in 2018 revenue this is just a ridiculous offer. Honestly, why can't Ubisoft just do the right thing and fix this?

• sw0056
    7 posts

@Ubi-Borealis

This is how a classy company acts:

Not even 4 days after release and they provide ample info about patches to come and a refund offer.

• ND4Horse
    1 posts

I cannot continue the story after completing the main story quest - settling down.

The quest marker does not show on the world map. I entered the area where the mission for Sons of Ragnar is supposed to begin but nothing shows up on the map. Is this a glitch or am I missing a step somewhere?

• jsncutler6
    5 posts

Will this be fixed in v1.1.0? I don't see it in the patch notes....

• Xsarsus
    11 posts
    1. Made a raid
    2. Upgraded blacksmith

Can one month still the problem exists.....

The developers believe that they have been able to find the cause of the issue, and we hope to implement a fix in an upcoming patch 

Well they failed!!!!!!!!

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics