Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1163 posts

Hello everyone,

Thank you for continuing to report your experiences of this issue with "Settling Down" here in this thread. It remains under investigation at the moment by the development team, and they still require additional videos and save files from affected players. Since my last post in this thread, only stevehewitt provided a case reference number and advised that the files we need had been attached, and it is likely that the devs will need more to fully investigate the issue and its impact. Thank you in advance to anyone who takes the time to submit the requested files, and replies with their case reference! 🙂

@krohnjw Please rest assured that this issue is still being looked into. I'm afraid there is no way for us to collect save files from Xbox consoles or Stadia - this is why I mentioned PC and PS4 specifically. We do however value videos from any players who can provide them to aid the team in their investigation.

@Thegazman141 There is no option for a quest reset / restart in-game, but I've seen this sort of idea mentioned in quite a few places now. I'll forward this concept to the devs as feedback, as I can imagine it would be useful. 🙂

@stevehewitt Thank you so much for taking the time to submit the requested files to us in your case (13397835). I've extracted these and sent them off to the developers now. I appreciate that since sending these you decided to restart your game, which I know is not ideal, but am glad to hear everything worked for you since then. It is great to have the details of what actions you undertook as well to refer to should the devs need.

Official Response
  • krohnjw
    16 posts

@ubi-woofer Happy to take a video, it's the same video everyone else has posted though.

Gunnar is standing outside of the forge doing nothing, same spot as previous videos posted. Forge is built. Nothing interact-able with the forge. No further quest queues. As seen in this previously posted video here

Is a video basically identical to that video helpful to post? Is there something more meaningful to capture?

• Ubi-Woofer

@krohnjw If you happened to record the building of the forge and then the fact that you cannot interact with Gunnar afterward, that would be ideal - else, a video showing that the "Settling Down" quest is active and Gunnar cannot be interacted with after the forge is built. If you can load an older save and show that this is the same even then, even better. Thanks for offering and replying 🙂

Official Response
  • krohnjw
    16 posts

@ubi-woofer I don't have a video of it not completing, it would just be the "now" footage. I'll record that. Is it useful to see the state of anything else in the settlement here?
    I'll have to see if I can load a previous save and try to re-create as well.

Edit: I don't have a save around that time, the only "older" save I have is 28 minutes into the game in Norway.
    Here is a video of current state: https://photos.app.goo.gl/kJpyQaf3BmaPu6cJ6
    Let me know if it's helpful to capture anything else in the settlement or anywhere else. The only thing in the settlement that I can interact with is bushes / arrows / totems. Everything else is just "there".

• krohnjw
    16 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Ubi-Woofer

@krohnjw Thanks for capturing this video and sending it over! I've downloaded it now and will send it over to the devs for their review. In the meantime, I'm unsure if you've tried anything like this, but have you tried untracking the quest and instead completing a world event or two, then coming back to the settlement to see if anything progresses?

Official Response
  • krohnjw
    16 posts

I had not here's what I tried with results (no change).

Un-tracked quest -> Completed two world events in a different area (defeat mythical creature, one mystery world event) -> Back to settlement -> no change.
    Re-tracked quest -> no change.

• HcSlayerCape
    1 posts

The game was progressing just as it should. I upgraded the black smith for the quest, followed by accidently upgrading the barracks. I was editing my 2nd in command when I accidently found out that when you accept what they looked like she had no clothes on. And that it was permanent for how they looked. I loaded an earlier cloud save on Stadia in hopes of backlogging a bit earlier. The blacksmith looks completed and the other settlements are bugged out or so it would seem. And the NPC for the black smith it bugged out as well. Attacked are some photos. Raids still work however.

https://stadia.google.com/capture/e46f044a-15a7-4963-a19e-7dc0e208671a

https://stadia.google.com/capture/d8cb3497-2a0a-476a-83e2-754ff19c5cc1

https://stadia.google.com/capture/401f5cff-1b5e-4391-887d-aa6faa2eb324

https://stadia.google.com/capture/5f4581b2-fee1-4fbe-9548-d9e82dd61b1d

• sharkzp
    2 posts

@shoobydou I have exactly the same problem.

• Dbjs2009
    8 posts

@Ubi-Woofer

Please relay to the developers that the issue is most likely some bug with the blacksmith NPC (Gunnar) the game almost always crashes when he's around or when you interact with him, when I needed to upgrade a weapon the game always crashed afterwards and since this quest involves a cutscene no one is able to progress further before the game crashes, Gunnar the blacksmith IS the root of this problem!!

• sharkzp
    2 posts

Having the same problem.

1. Made a raid
    2. Upgraded blacksmith
    3. Had a auto-dialog with Gunnar – upgraded my axe
    4. Left the dialog and cannot talk to anyone now

Doesn't work on my PC and on PS4.

• ethilin
    2 posts

Same problem for me; although:
    I got the upgrade to work the first time; but then bought an upgrade for a weapon I didn't mean to; so reloaded my save 😞
    Now the forge is upgraded, but Gundar doesn't move from his starting position.
    I tried a few things; fast travelled away, then walked back, walked to fast travel point and back again, reloaded.
    Completed a mystery; no change.

Reloaded to a save just prior to doing the raid; fast travelled back to Ravensthorpe, paid with materials, ps4 crashed; and back to forge upgraded but stock stil Gundar, and no quest update under the quest title in top left.
    Currently re-installing the game, but to the internal hard drive of the PS4 instead of external USB drive.
    Will grab saves and upload them for devs to look at; will also try going back to the special quest save and replaying from there; will report back on that also.

• kier_blu
    1 posts

Im on PS5 and have a very similar problem. I don't remember the game crashing or going to a black screen, but I have finished Settling Down, and now Sons of Ragnar (the next quest) is not available. Settling Down is in my completed quests, so it should make Sons of Ragnar available, but its not there...I have over 30 hours of gameplay, loads of side missions and raids and gear etc. etc. so I am NOT willing to start this game over because of a bug! this is driving me insane

• ethilin
    2 posts

@ethilin Restarting from the special save has allowed progression. I did the same RAID and sync point as my previous attempt.

@Ubi-Woofer I have a copy of a save file you've requested to help the devs; however unable to open a case and attach the file as get "In the light of the current situation, we are temporarily restricting our support to live chat only."
    And live chat is currently not available either.

• jsncutler6
    5 posts

I submitted my save files to case number 13419220. I hope to be able to experience this game's story after the next patch.

• sw0056
    7 posts

For those of us that want a refund, how do we approach this with Ubisoft? It's been over a month and still no answer or hope that this will get resolved any time soon. This was a gigantic failure in what should have been a great game.

• timb3rly
    1 posts

@sw0056 same here. Same bug, game bought directly from UPlay store (playing on pc). No progress on almost four weeks. Would love to swap this game to Immortals (been reading many reviews, no bugs, no glitches).

This was the last time I preorder anything from Ubisoft. I will wait until the end of december, If it's not fixed, I want a refund. Origins and Odyssey had small flaws at launch, but nothing like this. This is not a small game company with a small group of developers, so it's not okay to get a game this unfinished for full price.

I hate to love the AC games... Not good, Ubisoft, not at all.

• Xsarsus
    11 posts

Having the same problem.

1. Made a raid
    2. Upgraded blacksmith

Can one month still the problem exists.....

• Xsarsus
    11 posts

Having the same problem.

1. Made a raid
    2. Upgraded blacksmith

• Xsarsus
    11 posts

30th day with this bug

1. Made a raid
    2. Upgraded blacksmith