Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1015 posts

@jsncutler6 @paradigm23 As I previously advised, a fix for this issue is planned and scheduled for an upcoming patch, however we don't have a confirmed release date for this patch yet. We'll share more news as soon as we are able. I fully appreciate the frustration, particularly as this issue blocks further progress, so I'll keep you all in the loop as best as I can. 🙂

Official Response
  • Ubi-Woofer
    Best Answer

Hello everyone, sorry to double post, but I come bearing exciting news!

I’m pleased to say that TU 1.1.1 was announced last night, and will be released today on January 14th! In this patch, we have a fix for the issue in “Settling Down” whereby a blackscreen would prevent progression after constructing Gunnar’s forge / Blacksmith shop.

After the patch is deployed, please try again to build the forge and you should find that you are now able to proceed into your settlement and get to exploring the rest of Ravensthorpe. If you experience any issues, you should of course feel welcome to communicate those with us here, and we’ll get those looked into as soon as possible!

Thank you all for your patience regarding this issue, and I hope that today's patch will fix it for all of you and allow you to continue on your journey across England. 🙂

Official Response
  • Jlanelson
    2 posts

I’ve read through all of the replies here and I’m absolutely and thoroughly disappointed in Ubisoft to say the least. I’ve purchased every single Assassin’s Creed and this is the first game that I’ve been unable to continue with no resolution in sight. No patch, nothing.

Wow. I can’t believe I paid $79.99 for a game that is seriously incomplete and at this point unplayable because I can’t progress ahead in the game at all. I can’t bring it back to Best Buy because they won’t return games that have been opened. Ubisoft you really dropped the ball here. This game should NEVER have been released in the condition it’s in.

I would like to see something done to fix this problem and WITHOUT losing all the progress I’ve made in my game! If the patch is released and I’ve wasted all this time, I will be returning the game to Best Buy, demanding a refund and NEVER ever buying another game from you again.

This is garbage.....please fix this issue Ubisoft

• Jlanelson
    2 posts

@nd4horse

There is a major problem with many other people just like yourself who are unable to continue further in the game because of this glitch that needs a patch to fix it ASAP. More info in this thread here:

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/80519/unable-to-progress-with-settling-down-post-here/147

• krohnjw
    16 posts

We did it! Now into month 3 of this bug completely blocking game progress and a fully missed Yule festival! Will we hit month 4? What further content will be locked behind game progress we cannot make?

• Ubi-Woofer

@Jlanelson I am sorry to hear of your disappointment with Assassin's Creed Valhalla. As previously communicated a fix is due to be implemented in an upcoming update to the game, and I should have some more information to share on this subject soon. Please do continue to follow this thread for the latest updates.

@krohnjw As above, I should be receiving an update with regard to this quest soon - I'll keep you all updated with the latest information about the upcoming fix.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Woofer
    Best Answer

Hello everyone, sorry to double post, but I come bearing exciting news!

I’m pleased to say that TU 1.1.1 was announced last night, and will be released today on January 14th! In this patch, we have a fix for the issue in “Settling Down” whereby a blackscreen would prevent progression after constructing Gunnar’s forge / Blacksmith shop.

After the patch is deployed, please try again to build the forge and you should find that you are now able to proceed into your settlement and get to exploring the rest of Ravensthorpe. If you experience any issues, you should of course feel welcome to communicate those with us here, and we’ll get those looked into as soon as possible!

Thank you all for your patience regarding this issue, and I hope that today's patch will fix it for all of you and allow you to continue on your journey across England. 🙂

Official Response
  • paradigm23
    3 posts

Thank you. It’s fixed and I can progress!
    @ubi-woofer

• Dbjs2009
    8 posts

@Ubi-Woofer That didn't fix the root of the problem which is the NPC blacksmith, everytime I try to upgrade something with him the game crashes after a few seconds. Now there's a whole chapter with him and this makes it impossible for me to progress through the story because everytime I interact with him the game crashes, why can't this game be fixed? It's been months since release?!!!

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3625 posts

@paradigm23 - We're glad to hear this! Good luck with the rest of your adventures with Eivor! 😊

@Dbjs2009 - I'm sorry to hear that you're still having issues when interacting with Gunnar. Do these crashes still persist following TU 1.1.1? If so, can you let us know if you get any error messages at all when this happens? If you have any videos to share, this will be helpful in letting us take a closer look. Thanks!

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3625 posts

Hello there,

As we have received no further reports of this issue happening in-game following the release of TU 1.1.1, we will now be locking this thread. If you continue to encounter trouble with "Settling Down," please don't hesitate to open up a new thread. A member of the player support team will take a closer look as soon as they are able to.

Thank you 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics