Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• ND4Horse
    1 posts

I cannot continue the story after completing the main story quest - settling down.

The quest marker does not show on the world map. I entered the area where the mission for Sons of Ragnar is supposed to begin but nothing shows up on the map. Is this a glitch or am I missing a step somewhere?

• jsncutler6
    5 posts

Will this be fixed in v1.1.0? I don't see it in the patch notes....

• Xsarsus
    11 posts
    1. Made a raid
    2. Upgraded blacksmith
    3. Had a auto-dialog with Gunnar – upgraded my axe
    4. Left the dialog and cannot talk to anyone now

Can one month still the problem exists.....

The developers believe that they have been able to find the cause of the issue, and we hope to implement a fix in an upcoming patch 

Well they failed!!!!!!!!

• Xsarsus
    11 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Xsarsus
    11 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Thegazman141
    6 posts

@xsarsus They didn't state it'd be this patch... Probably a couple of weeks away

• Paclac13
    1 posts

@johnnylaw1955
    i also have the same problem
    love to play the story mode 1 day

xbox1s

• Dbjs2009
    8 posts

And Gunnar the Blacksmith is still crashing game...

• Xsarsus
    11 posts

35th day still nothing

• krohnjw
    16 posts

Any update here? That's great that the developers think they've identified the issue and a fix, but at what point does this make it into an actually build and get released? The known issues thread still hasn't bee undated since the 8th, including removing issues fixed in 1.10. As exciting as weekly apology posts are for "delayed updates", real communication would be much better appreciated here.

• sw0056
    7 posts

Latest Ubisoft communication:

In regards to your refund request, we'd unfortunately be unable to assist further with that at this time. You would need to reach out to the vendor you purchased the game from to look into a possible refund.

In regards to the current issue with the "Settling Down" quest, we are currently still working on it. At this time, no further action is needed from you. We'd just like to ask for your patience as we work to resolve this as quickly as possible!

Please don't hesitate to let us know of any further questions or concerns you may have!

Kind Regards,
    Ubi-Egg
    Ubisoft Customer Support

Great. So we have a mod on these forums publicly saying we can get refunds and then private messages from the SAME team saying go to the vendor. Well guess what? No store accepts open games, especially not 1.5-2 months later. Ridiculous.

• sunny22hd
    2 posts

hi. i have a big bug on my game. at the settling down mission Gunnar the Blacksmith is still crashing game...

video with the bug; undefined

;

one month after the launch and i cant play the game. if i got the game key as a gift from tobii can i ask for a refund from you for standard edition and buy the ultimate edition when you fix the problem?

• Ubi-Wan
    Ubisoft Support Staff 631 posts

@sunny22hd Hello there! Thanks for reporting this. The team has reported finding a solution for this issue and hope to implement it in an upcoming patch. Please ensure your game is as up-to-date as possible, and stay tuned to the game's forums for any potential updates!

Official Response
  • krohnjw
    16 posts

Amazing, to add to this:

Cannot start the Yule Festival?
    The event is located in Ravensthorpe.
    If you did not get the Yule Festival notification, please restart the game or perform any save/load action to activate the event
    Note that either the Ledecestrescire or Grantebridgescire quest arcs have to be completed to access seasonal content

So, it seems like we *also* cannot participate in the Yule Festival content unless this gets patched and fixed as we cannot embark on nor complete these quest arcs to spawn the Yule Festival event.

At least the bug is listed as "fixed in a future patch now" Any idea on how long it will take to deploy this patch @Ubi-Woofer @Ubi-Borealis ....anyone?

• sunny22hd
    2 posts

when its ready the new update? thank you.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 799 posts

Hey everyone,

I'm afraid that I don't have any additional information about the fix for this issue at the moment. 😞 It is scheduled for an upcoming patch, and the details of the patch are not known in full as yet. Once they become available, I'll be sure to update everyone here.

In terms of the Yule Festival, I sincerely apologise for any disruption this issue is causing with regard to the event. Please let me know if you are able to progress with "Settling Down" and complete either of the Ledecestrescire or Grantebridgescire quest arcs in order to participate in the meantime.

Thank you all for your continued patience and understanding.

Official Response
  • krohnjw
    16 posts

@ubi-woofer Are you asking if someone, somehow, manages to progress with this quest without the patch to be able to proceed to a new arc in order to participate in the Yule Festival event to let you know? This feels like madness...How is one supposed to progress here and start a new quest arc without the fix for this issue being deployed?

• FierceFighting
    2 posts

same issue over here. setteling down, the game crashed when blacksmith hud was built. after that no continuation of quest possible.

• krohnjw
    16 posts

@Ubi-Woofer Another week, another week of silence on all fronts. It's easy to thank everyone for their patience when they've already paid a company for a game and sit and hope it actually gets fixed.

Given we're a mere 12 days from this heading into month 3 of this game breaking bug not being resolved, what are the odds this actually gets fixed before then, or before the Yule festival ends?

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 799 posts

@krohnjw In reply to your original response to my last post - I was saying that if anyone manages to work around the issues with this quest prior to the fix being implemented, to please let me know; we have seen it in other scenarios that workarounds are found that can resolve the issue prior to the formal patch, so in the event that one is found by someone, I would really like to know about it so that I can share this knowledge with those investigating and managing this issue. Completing either the Ledecesterscire or Grantebridgescire arcs is needed in order to access the Yule Festival, so that's why I mentioned those specifically in addition.

With regard to the fix, there has been no update since my previous post. When I am able to share more specifics about when the fix will be implemented and in which update, I will reply again here. 🙂

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics