Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• JR_STRONGER
    2 posts

I was doing the settling down mission and after i brought the resources to build Gunnar's forge the screen went black. I quit to desktop and then verify files. Went back but then the mission doesn't show any progression, i can't speak to Gunnar or Sigurd. I can do everything else but can't continue the story

• mustangcamaro66
    1 posts

After completing the first raid and returning to the settlement i talked to gunnar to build the forge, after that the screen went black and i thought the game froze but i could still hear the game, after waiting for like 5 min i restarted the game and i spawned next to gunnar, but he is just standing there, i can't talk to him and nothing happens or appears when i walk inside the forge, also when i try to talk with sigurd he just asked me when i will build the forge but nothing more, also i see the quest name in the top left corner but no text on what i must do next.

If someone has a solution, please help and tell me what to do.

• Dbt5292
    1 posts

@ubi-swaggins
    I have experienced the same issues aswell
    But i have no other saves to go back too. So i have to start over

• Krukunplai
    1 posts

@ubi-swaggins having the same issue it 's recorded on my twitch account Sergamerup, nothing helped

• krohnjw
    16 posts

Same issue here. Progress blocked.

• scorpion1630
    1 posts

I have this as well. Have sufficient resources but no boards appear outside buildings for me interact with. So cannot progress game. Any solutions? 15hrs in so dont really want to restart if possible.

• elMerciLessTW
    1 posts

No fix yet, same issues, i've completed many other collectible while waiting for this fix. They need to wake up....

• smudge62
    2 posts

POSSSIBLE WORKAROUND

I firstly had trouble with the dialogue with Yanli & Rowan. This was rectified with setting the graphics to Ultra. I then hit the same snag as most others here, whereby the dialogue with the blacksmith freezes and upon restart will not let me progress.

I have managed to finally pass this but it unfortunately will require you to lose any progress you've made in England.

If you navigate to your saves, there should be one or two automatic ones that were made as you enter England. I went back to this save, with Ultra graphics settings, and played up to and passed the problem.

I've had to lose progress too, but worth it to get the story rolling and mechanics working as they should again.

Hope this helps.

• Fox3seven
    3 posts

@immkrypto same thing but im on xbox one

• Fox3seven
    3 posts

@dibuonojohn
    same this is super disappointing. Prob going to ask for a refund

• Fox3seven
    3 posts

Been trying to upload a video for the last hour. Says I don't have permissions to do it? Another hour wasted.

• stevehewitt
    6 posts

@a1pha-iwnl I have exactly the same issue too

• JR_STRONGER
    2 posts

@rg_lord

This is Exactly what is happening to me. I hope ubisoft patch this issue soon. I have more than 4-5 hours roaming the map and i don't want those hours go to waste

• Dbjs2009
    8 posts

I can't progress any further anymore as well on Xbox One X, as soon as I build the blacksmith I get a black screen, if I do manage to open the menu everything is blacked out as well and then it just crashes, when I open the game after that and load the latest save, I see the shop is already built but you can't progress any further plus, the menus and maps are all blacked out and if you wait for them to load, the game just crashes again so there's no way around it other than a patch! If it doesn't get fixed within next week I may consider a refund so that at least I can get my money back. This is the worst AC release so far with all these bugs, do they even test their products before release? You had more than two years this time!

• Pjccraft
    2 posts

So i have the issue but its not that it crashes it does the save icon in the bottom and just goes black. I can hear the noise and everything so i tried to start trying different buttons when i eagle vision by holding v down i can see stuff temporary before it goes back to being black. So i started to spam it and try go to the smith but there not a option to talk to him or anything.

• Pjccraft
    2 posts

@ubi-swaggins So i have the issue but its not that it crashes it does the save icon in the bottom and just goes black. I can hear the noise and everything so i tried to start trying different buttons when i eagle vision by holding v down i can see stuff temporary before it goes back to being black. So i started to spam it and try go to the smith but there not a option to talk to him or anything.

• Shimmergloom667
    2 posts

Xbox Series X, same issue. Seriously, Ubisoft, I shelled out over 100 bucks for your game and this is a broken quest that blocks progress less than 5 hours in. Get your [censored] together and fix this like yesterday.

• BigRiv455
    1 posts

Hi there. For some reason my game glitched me out of the game right after I built the forge for Gunnar. And now when I reload it it's stuck between when I built the forge and the conversation you have with Gunnar thanking you for building it. I can't progress my story at all. I can do everything else though. Do I have to start a new game? Or is this something you can fix? Any help would be appreciated thanks

• smithy10GB
    70 posts

@bigriv455 might be worth trying to load a save from before you built the forge

• SEANLMAR
    1 posts

Ok guys I finally got mine to work, i loaded a save from just before I built the forge and then as soon as the save loaded I disconnected from the internet. immediately went and built the forge and boom, the story progressed as it should. I can't be sure but it looks like the bug may be related to some sort of server side error and going offline fixed that for me. good luck all!

Suggested Topics