Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Thegazman141
    6 posts

There's been no offical updates regarding the glitch with the blackscreen during the cutscene and the NPC being stuck outside.

Has anyone got passed this yet?

• ckorzenecki
    11 posts

@thegazman141 lol reading this conversation sealed the deal for me and I returned it for a refund through PlayStation. If you’re fed up I’d recommend you do thee same

• Dbjs2009
    8 posts

They basically released a game that seems to still be in the Beta stage and asked us to pay for it.

• Dbjs2009
    8 posts

By the way, it doesn't seem like anyone mentioned this but I'm almost convinced that the issue revolves around that blacksmith called "Gunnar" everytime I'm in his vicinity the game starts acting up for me and if I stay for too long the game crashes! From my first encounter with him when you take your axe to him to upgrade, if I stayed and chatted with him for too long the game crashed a couple times but since there was no cutscene involved I was able to progress by just upgrading the axe and avoiding him altogether, however, in this quest there's no avoiding him and this means he's the cause of this bug whatever is wrong with him or whatever he triggers.

Have anyone noticed this as well?

• mitciclope
    2 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • mitciclope
    2 posts

I have the same problem.. I already played a lot of hours thinking that I have to collect even more money... Gunnar is standing in front of the house and u can see that the forge has been updated (encampment 1/6)
    undefinedundefined

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1195 posts

Hello everyone, please accept my apologies for the delay in our reply to this thread.

The developers have continued to investigate reports of this issue, and while having been unable to reproduce it so far, recognise the significant impact this issue has on players and continue to look for a fix. To aid them in their investigation, it would be helpful if we could collect the save files of any affected players on PC and PS4. These save files can then be analysed in connection with your reports, and the cause hopefully identified from there.

If you play on either of those platforms and would be able to help us by providing your save files, it would be much appreciated. You can send them to us by opening a support case, or starting a Live Chat. Once your case is created, please leave the reference number here in the thread so that I can go fetch the files and submit them to the developers!

I will post again as soon as I have more information to share. Thank you.

Official Response
  • krohnjw
    16 posts

@Ubi-Woofer So, players not on those platforms can't offer any real help here?

• Thegazman141
    6 posts

@ubi-woofer Is it possible to restart the mission for people stuck on the mission? So we can try some of the workarounds that others have reported working before the game saves and gets stuck?

• sw0056
    7 posts

[censored] same issue with Gunnar sta ding there frozen in front of this new forge. Game won't progress and I didn't know this was an issue so I was doing side quests and raids. 15hrs wasted.

Ubisoft where's the patch for this?? Seriously this is ridiculous.

• stevehewitt
    6 posts

@ubi-woofer I've uploaded what I can to case number 13397835. If you need anything else let me know

https://support.ubisoft.com/en-GB/Cases/13397835

installed patch 1.0.4 - still not able to progress in the Settling Down quest

• shoobydou
    3 posts

Repro:
    1) After Completing the raid for plunder and supplies make your way back to Ravensthorpe
    2) Head straight to the pedestal to upgrade the blacksmith
    3) try and interact with Guthrel (Blacksmith)
    Actual Result - Unable to talk to Gunthrel and lockout from talking to Sigrid, he seems to think the Blacksmith is blocked doing nothing else,fix in one place just looking around...

Photos here:

https://imgur.com/2venW4I

https://imgur.com/7tMYAns

• stevehewitt
    6 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • colljes1
    2 posts
  • Thegazman141
    6 posts

@Ubi-Woofer can we just have an update on this bug please. Its completely ruining the experience for us.

• Patrikvav
    1 posts

"Addressed various issues with quests or world events that prevented players from completing them"
    Are we joke to you?????

• sw0056
    7 posts

@UBI-WOOFER

please can you address this issue with GUNNAR and his stupid Forge? really disappointing Ubisoft released a patch fixing floating dogs but did nothing to resolve this issue. worst game release i've seen in 30+ years of gaming.

• stevehewitt
    6 posts

Which monastery did everyone raid?

• stevehewitt
    6 posts

So I gave up waiting for a response and tried replaying through from the start of the game - took about 1hr 35mins with skipping as much as possible.

The first time I played the Settling down mission (when things went wrong) I raided Medeshamstead Abbey, but this time round (patch 1.0.4 Medeshamstead has opponents higher than my power level (and wasn't even marked on the map) so I raided Alcestre Abbey, went back to Gunnar and everything worked this time.

Raging that I've lost about 20 additional hours of playtime where I basically unlocked every viewpoint and did as many side questions to level myself up as much as possible while waiting on a bug fix.

Anyway - if any of the rest of you are fed up waiting - it looks positive for the thing working when starting from scratch again on the new patched version (on pc anyway)

• krohnjw
    16 posts

@Ubi-Woofer Is this on anyone's radar? It's been a week without any update, and another week where we cannot progress in the game. Can players on Stadia / Xbox not provide any assistance here? Are we expected to just wait indefinitely and hope that this is eventually resolved without any communication?

Suggested Topics