Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • JohnnyLaw1955
    Original poster 2 posts

When turning in the necessary supplies to the smith to upgrade the screen would go black. I am able to access menus and move around but can't see or interact with anything, fast traveling does not seem to fix it. When relaunching to the autosave that occurs after the upgrade, the smith would stand still outside but I cannot interact with him so the quest cannot continue.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• indianaj0nes
    1 posts

I've got this bug as well.

Nothing main quest related is working right now.

I can still do raids and all that.

My game crashed during the cutscene with the smith.

I tried to load an old save, but it puts me right at this point again, so I could not retry playing the cutscene.

I'm six hours in now and this kinda ennoys me.

I hope there will be a fix for this that doesn't require me to play the whole thing again.

Kind Regards,

• MrWill.R6
    1 posts

I have this also! This is really bad

• happy-101
    1 posts

I'm also affected, really hope there's a fix

• A1pha.iwnl
    5 posts

Also have this issue, just after having the issue with the ''unwelcome quest" this is getting very annoying...

• styxee
    20 posts

@a1pha-iwnl oh wow you as well?

I tried reloading and going back to other saves and Unwelcome will just not progress. It hangs and comes back with the 3 NPC's standing in the abandon hall in a circle and you can only exit the game. The game is literally unplayable for me now i am guessing you as well.

Ubisoft any ETA on a fix for this game breaking issue?

• myraddin92
    4 posts

So I've built the blacksmith and no nothing is happening. The quest isn't progressing at all to the next stage

• Kuratoro
    97 posts

@styxee For that unwelcome quest there is this fix:

I do not know of a fix for the problem in Settling Down quest yet though..

• Ubi-Swaggins
    Ubisoft Support Staff 340 posts

Hello everyone, I am sorry to hear that you have all been experiencing issues with the "Settling Down" questline.

Can you provide a video of what happens when you build the Blacksmith? Any additional information about reproduction steps or troubleshooting you've tried would also be very helpful.

Official Response
  • Domm1146
    2 posts

@ubi-swaggins
    I’ve experienced this same bug on PS4, I can’t send a video sorry. When I upgrade the blacksmith during the mission, the screen cuts to black as if it’s about to transition to a cutscene, instead of playing a cutscene, I can move around (can’t see anything, just sound) and I can open the menus. I decided to try and fix this issue by reloading the game but when I reloaded the quest had no objective and the blacksmith is standing outside of his hut (the same position he is in during the cutscene I believe). I can do side content but I have no way to continue the story, the only thing I haven’t tried is deleting my save file.

• Domm1146
    2 posts

@domm1146
    I solved the issue by reloading a “exclusive quest” save and playing from there.

• JohnnyLaw1955
    Original poster 2 posts

@indianaj0nes I have recently tried uninstalling and then reinstalling and it has worked for me. Although it is a method past this glitch, it still takes time so hopefully it can be patched soon.

• ckorzenecki
    11 posts

@ubi-swaggins having this issue too on ps4

• Chucker2016
    1 posts

@Ubi-Swaggins
    I have encountered the same bug, and have provided a video of it below

• jorgen189
    4 posts

I have finish the raid and came back to the settlement, but when i try to build the forge the cutscene would't show. And the screen goes dark. When i try to relogg the forge is there but i havent complited the mission:(

Plis fix your game ubisoft.

• JamesBlonde2410
    1 posts

The game will not allow me to continue with "settling down", I have built the forge, Gunnar is currently standing outside of it, when I go back to the longhouse to speak with Sigurd , Eivor keeps saying the the forge hasn't been built yet, I have tried restarting the game a few times with no luck on it fixing whatever this is.

• CountingSpoon
    6 posts

@ubi-swaggins Same thing happens with my game. Built the forge and it completes the cut scene, but then the mission in the top right hand just says "Settling Down" with nothing to be done. I read a walkthrough and when you go to Sigurd and he asks if the forge is built, my character responds with "not yet." I have gone to an earlier save to redo the mission 3 times and it does the same thing every time. Very very frustrating. Been stuck for hours. 😞

@domm1146 This didn't work for me on PC.

@jamesblonde2410 Same! 

• CountingSpoon
    6 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • CountingSpoon
    6 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • CountingSpoon
    6 posts
    This post is deleted!

Community details

Users