Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • csahendriks
    Original poster 19 posts

Another report, another bug. This time it's a mystery/world event in Essexe, with a man and boar that supposedly can sniff out treasure. Started it way back when my power level was sub-100, but had to abandon it when I couldn't interact with the first "treasure" the boar dug up. I thought it would reset and I would just re-attempt later. Now I'm power level ~250 and went back to the area, and the world event has NOT reset. The boar is presumably still in the woods somewhere, but I don't even know where to look, since world events like these have no quest indicator/pointer. With how buggy some of these events are, maybe Ubi should provide us a way to reset them if things go wrong, as they clearly have in this case. Any suggestions on how I can fix this mess?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• csahendriks
    Original poster 19 posts

Welp it's even worse -- I found the quest boar, but it's stuck in the forest, not moving, not doing anything. I can't interact with it, can't kill it, can't do anything. Again, these world events could REALLY use a way to force reset them in case things go wrong.

• csahendriks
    Original poster 19 posts

I've played further and fast traveled around more before coming back to the event area. Still bugged. Here's how it looks at the world event marker on the map:

undefined

and here's where the event is on the map in Essexe:

undefined

Here's the stuck boar; can't hit/kill it, can't push it, can't burn it, can't interact with it in any way (note the world event marker for this on the compass):

undefined

Here's where the boar is on the map (indicated by player position):

undefined

Tried everything I could think of, nothing works. Would really appreciate some help here Ubisoft.

• Ubi-Spud
    Ubisoft Support Staff 672 posts

@csahendriks Hey there! Thank you for the detailed report, and screenshots. I have reported this up to the developers to be investigated, however I do not have any sort of workaround or fix as of yet. Your patience is really appreciated!

Official Response
  • Luminox94
    4 posts

@csahendriks @Ubi-Spud Okay, i had this exact issue. But restarting the game made the hog disappear . Allowing me to examine the treasure that was right under its foot. And the quest proceeded as planned. Only i had to look for the boar as it was already running around without me knowing where it was. My take on this the following : The hog was on top of the prompt for me to examine the treasure , that made it impossible for me to interact with the prompt. Only when the hog disappeared or moved away was i able to continue the quest

• csahendriks
    Original poster 19 posts

@luminox94
    That's entirely possible, but in my case nothing so far has worked. I've tried restarting the game, save-loading multiple times, fast travel, progressing the story, and so forth. I started this world event back when my power level was less than 100; it is now ~260, and the event is still bugged. At this point it looks like nothing short of a complete reset of the world event would help, and I haven't been able to do that either.

• micin2200
    1 posts

Same problem - Hog will not move after NPC (man) section, cannot finish this mysteries.

• gatygun999
    1 posts

@csahendriks

I had the same issue and fixed it. The quest giver is sleeping and the boar is just standing somewhere doing nothing. 300 levels later returned no dice.

But i found a way to complete it.

What the boar is doing is waiting for you to loot the item before the script moves furhter. If it stands still it means there is a item somewhere around him that u need to loot. However the boar can bug out which means it travels a lot further away from the item it dug up. So what u need to do is walk around the boar in a huge area to see if u see something lootable on the ground. once u do the boar will move fowards again to the next item.

Have fun.

• FullPrimal
    1 posts

At the event start point. The boar is there, but the NPC is not. Have tried restarting the game, loading save, etc. Have now cleared the rest of the game, this is my last remaining mystery...

undefined

• Johnbhoy1967
    2 posts

Hey I got this bug too. I followed the boar to the first treasure where the pigs owner will also come to and then tell you he is going for a nap. Interact with the marked area and then the boar should take you too the next treasure and this is where it got bugged for me, the boar was standing on top of the treasure spot so i was unable to interact with it. I fast travelled away and came back to the area and the boar had now moved back to where the first treasure is, now go to where the second treasure is and you should be able to interact with the treasure and then run back to where the first treasure was again and the boar should now move and lead you to the third treasure.

If you can't remember where the treasures are located then this video should help.

• Patsoes
    2 posts

The mysterie cant be statred with me the man is not there only the boar its my last mysterie for platinum trophy

• ddtoti
    3 posts

Same problem. The hog simply doesnt move. The man is gone. And I cant interact in any way. Hope they'll fix it soon 😞

• Traumahawk
    3 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Traumahawk
    3 posts

@ubi-spud I watched someone solve the quest on YouTube and just mirrored their movements and found the stupid NPC off by himself at the first dig site. My boar was stuck at it's camp. This is a big problem in Valhalla with quest icons on the compass and map not showing up, or disappearing half way through and being left to guess where something is at.

Hopefully Cyberpunk 2077 lights a fire under Ubisoft's [censored] and pushes you all to not release such bug heavy games. Clipping is one thing, quests completely breaking down without any way to fix it unless you get lucky.. yeah... this is why I subbed to uPlay+ for this game and spent 15 for 100+ hours. Do better as a company and you'll get more of our money.

• jdogcolo
    1 posts

If you go find the next treasure it's by a dead tree south of the first one where the boar is bugged next to the large tree, the one that the boar was standing over and you couldn't reach, this should fix the problem

• Bobberstation
    2 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Bobberstation
    2 posts

@csahendriks Hello, I just had the same issue as you describe.

Boar was stuck in the first treasure position, didn't seem able to interact or do anything. So I just followed the video found further on this thread, trying to follow the same path shown, and even if the boar was stuck in the position of the first treasure, I was able to find the second treasure by following the video and was able to interact with the second treasure and pick it up, not sure if I actually picked up the first one before or not. After that, I kept following the video to the third treasure position and there I couldn't find nothing, so I got kinda desperate and to make things worse there was so much fog, so I lit up a torch and started trying to run back to where I remembered the boar was. When I tried to get there, I found the boar actually running around (probably triggered again by me finding the second treasure), so I followed it and it took me again to the third treasure position to where I had been earlier by myself and now there was the interact button for the third treasure and I was able to proceed with the quest as the video showed. Really was more than by luck or by anything else, but someone in this thread mentioned that the boar being stuck meant it was waiting for you to pick up something somewhere and I kinda proved that by finding the second treasure without the boar and apparently re triggering it. Really hope it works for you.

• Suunvaarkriid
    1 posts

Found a fix for the boar being there but not moving and the guy missing. Go to the first spot for treasure roughly north west from the quest start (next to a tree)and you will find the boars owner next to the first examine marker. Then return to the stuck boar at the quest start and she should start moving(or atleast she did for me) then follow the boar as the quest dictates to the second marker near a boat and examine the ground. Then follow the boar to the third marker next to a small roman pillar and examine the ground again. Then follow to the fourth marker next to a ruined house(watch out for the suprise) and after dealing with some unmentionables examine the ground again. After doing so the quest should be completed. Once again this worked for me I don't know if this works for anyone else.

• UbiExcellent
    Ubisoft Support Staff 756 posts

Thank you to everyone that has shared your workarounds on this thread! I've updated our report with the suggested workarounds to aid the investigation. Should anyone else still encounter this issue, please provide the following information:

• Did the boar get hit by any animal/enemy AI while staying near the treasure?
    • If possible, please provide a video clip showcasing this error.
    • For players on the PC or PS4, save files would also be welcomed! These can be attached to a support ticket once created.
    Official Response
  • LSDSkycoke
    8 posts

Exactly the same here the pig is standing on the third spot of treasure makin the quest broken...
    This and the bugged quest with pots in lunden thats make a lot...
    Players are asking u the ability of resetting bugged quest... SO WHAT ARE U EXACTLY WAITING ?????

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics