Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• SarahVerona1
    2 posts

@tangofoxtrot23 I had same issue, then all of a sudden it just worked, didn't need to even recruit him, he was just in my crew after a reboot of game and system

• guest-ptAKrxqL
    1 posts

Hello
    I can’t get past Speak and follow Njal the white bear as the quest icon is hovering over the polar bear but he is having none of it.... doesn’t want to chat and I know he wants a fish. Maybe he’s depressed or not hungry but I can’t progress on this quest.
    please help

• UltraBlacktiger
    6 posts

Playing ac valhalla on ps4 since the new fix i still can't access the barracks nor complete ' way of the berserker mission' the bear won't move and is stuck near the lake.
    i still don't have my Way of berserker content as i have limited edition
    I thought it was a known bug and was going to be fixed with the recent patch?

• nturne1
    3 posts

@ubi-woofer Does UbiSoft see the problem now for those where the bear is stuck in the lake? Others suggested using the boat to push him back on shore but that is not working for me. I also tried to use the horse to push the bear but no luck. I understand if there is no fix yet but curious if UbiSoft can see the problem now. Previous posts were asking users to submit video clips. Thanks.

• guest-ITJgGSCP
    1 posts

I have tried everything to get the Njal back to land. She will not budge. -_-"

• DrJono
    12 posts

Can’t even start quest. He doesn’t even appear in the cave. And yes I have put the code in. Im playing on PS5 with a PS4 version as I bought the collector edition. In vectors I don’t seem to have any of the extras that should have come with the codes. 😡

• TheCrystalHive
    1 posts

Stuck on "Feed Bullhead to Njal" portion of the quest. Njal swam out to the middle of the lake and won't/can't move. I can't progress any further..

• guest-c7vX3pyL
    1 posts

I'm stuck there too I never got past the fish part the bear keeps walking by the river looki g at the river for fish but I cant give it fish and the character never says the dialogue the bear wants fish

• DeviantChaos
    1 posts

Stuck on "follow njal the bear" (stadia) he is just stuck in the field and won't budge, this is crazy how it's not fixed yet.

• suici666
    4 posts

I play on a ps4, and as same as everyone here, I'm stuck on this mission because Njal got stuck swimming in the water, dumb bear.

• nturne1
    3 posts

@thecrystalhive I have the exact same problem of the bear going into the lake and staying there. Has been stuck like this for over a month.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1195 posts

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your continued reports of issues with the "The Mysterious Berserker" section of the "Way of the Berserker" questline. I've passed forward all relevant information posted in this thread since our last reply, however I'd like to ask again that further reports are posted in the following format so that the information is clear and concise:

• The platform you play on (e.g. PC, PS5, Xbox One)
    • Task that you are struggling with (e.g. "Feed Bullhead to Njal" or "Follow Njal")
    • Link to short video clip demonstrating the issue (on YouTube or a similar site)
    • Confirmation of trying reloading a previous save / desyncing and resuming
    • Confirmation of whether the two workarounds previously posted (to use a boat or mount to lure Njal onward) worked or not

I would also like to request that any affected players on PC or PS4 submit their save files to us in a support case or via Live Chat, so that the developers can take a closer look at these. Once the save files have been submitted, please reply here with your case reference number so that I can retrieve the files and pass them on.

Thank you all for your continued patience and understanding while this issue remains under investigation, and I hope to have a more substantial update to share soon. 🙂

Official Response
  • Agarwaen_42
    9 posts

Hi, I still can't launch the quest : it disappeared from my log, and now when i come in front of the berserker and his bear, i can't talk to them.

I'm on PC.

Thx in advance...

• crossboy5
    2 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • crossboy5
    2 posts

Playing on PC.

I had a similar problem to what some have listed above, and I suspect it could be down to Ubisoft Connect connectivity.

1. Started the quest one evening with no issues. Saved at a point I needed to follow Bjorn.
    2. Loaded up Ubisoft Connect the following day, but it reported a connectivity issue. I choose to proceed offline.
    3. Loaded my save from the following night, Bjorn and the bear refused to move, were non-interactive and the quest no longer appeared in my quest log.
    4. Loaded previous game saves, including ones before I started the quest arc, and the quest no longer appeared.
    5. I then went into the Connect rewards page in game to verify if it the quest was showing in my account.
    6. It was, put then the rewards program returned an error message and I had to hard crash out of the game and Ubisoft Connect.
    7. Reloaded Connect, this time with full connectivity.
    8. Reloaded my save from the night before, and the game played as expected and I was able to complete the quest.

Based on my experience, I'd conclude that this is almost a permissions issue. The game and the Connect program stopped talking to each other, which breaks the quest (as the game thinks you haven't got access to the content) and it's only when the connection is restored that normal business is resumed.

• pistlpacknmama
    3 posts

Has Ubi made a fix for this problem? This is ridiculous. I am on Xbox One with all add ons installed. The bear was stuck in the water? After trying for several hours, I went on to another quest. When I returned, he was still there. I finally gave up and reloaded an earlier game save (losing over 3 hours of productive play). Even though that quest is no longer active, I am not able to make a new game save. I have checked that I have no other quests open. It will really ruin the game if I am not able to ever make a new save. Please fix and send an update.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3914 posts

Hey all!

I apologise for the delayed update. The development team is still investigating this issue further, and at this moment in time we have no further updates to share regarding this. Once we have more news to share, it will be posted within the thread, so please keep an eye out!

If you're encountering this issue in-game, please could you answer the information Ubi-Woofer requested in an earlier post. Additionally, we are still looking to collect the save files of affected players on PC/PS4. If you're able to provide save files, please can you open a support ticket and submit your saves for further investigation. Once you've done this, please share your ticket number within the thread so we can ensure that the data is passed on to the development team. Thank you!

@Agarwaen_42 - Would you be able to provide the information requested by Ubi-Woofer earlier in the thread? As you play on PC as well, would you be able to submit your save file for investigation, using the steps they've provided in their post below. Once you've created a support ticket, please share the case number here so we can ensure the data is passed on to the development team. Thanks! 🙂

@crossboy5 - Thanks for providing that information for us! I've passed this report to the development team to see if it will assist in the investigation. I'm glad to hear that you were able to resolve the issue and proceed with the quest.

@pistlpacknmama - I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue in-game. At this moment in time, the development team is still investigating the issue further. We hope to have a fix available in a future update, but we currently cannot provide a definite ETA for when this will be. To assist with the investigation, would you be able to provide us with the following information:

• Task that you are struggling with (e.g. "Feed Bullhead to Njal" or "Follow Njal")
    • Link to short video clip demonstrating the issue (on YouTube or a similar site)
    • Confirmation of trying reloading a previous save / desyncing and resuming
    • Confirmation of whether the two workarounds previously posted (to use a boat or mount to lure Njal onward) worked or not

Thank you! 😊

Official Response
  • kirk1701007
    19 posts

I also have the exact same bug on my xbox one. The mission will not go to the the next phase it just says to follow the bear. I have just caught the fish but the option to feed the bear never shows up agean all it says is to follow the bear .

• pistlpacknmama
    3 posts

@ubi-borealis
    neither of the workarounds worked. I had to reload a previous save putting me back before starting that quest. However, since that problem, I have not been able to create a new save...ever. The best I can do is quick save or let the game autosave. This is not good.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1195 posts

@kirk1701007 - Can you please provide the information previously requested in the format outlined, as well as a video of the issue with following Njal? Thank you!

@pistlpacknmama - Can you please confirm that the issue with creating a new save game persists for you after TU 1.1.2 was deployed? Are you also still stuck on this quest, and if so, which objective is failing to complete for you? Thank you!

Official Response

Suggested Topics