Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • svarainiokas
    Original poster 1 posts

Njal the bear stuck in the water when you going to catch fish and cant interact with it anymore.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• KarineeL
    1 posts

Hi,

Im doing the quest and somehow my bear is stuck in water. Tried already earlier autosave load and it still swam to exact stuck position and stayed there sadly.

• candyflossbaby
    2 posts

The mission gets so far as to tell me to 'follow njal the bear' but then does not progress to the next stage. The bear is stuck in the field no matter what. I know I am meant to feed him fish from a google search but he never asks for me to do that, instead it remains 'follow the bear' forever.
    I am stuck here now as all of my autosaves are from the same area so even loading an old save does not reboot he mission.
    Restarting the game does nothing either.
    I've already had an hours progress collecting in Asgard lost due to a similar bug so safe to say I feel like I'm literally wasting time on this game so far.

• candyflossbaby
    2 posts

The bear won’t even ask for fish, my mission is stuck on ‘follow the bear’ so annoying. I’ve already put a couple of days into this game and now I’m stuck at this point@karineel

• ReaLadiesMan217
    2 posts

I went to talk to the berserker and he sent me with his bear to get him food. We went to the lake and nothing. I killed some fish for him but I cant feed him he is just standing in the water attacking the water. Still says I have to fallow him. Is there a way to fix this without restarting because I'm not interested in doing that. I really wanted to do this quest line.

• mistermcshark
    1 posts

This bear won't move or do anything. I am aware that I'm supposed to catch a fish to give to her but the dialogue hasn't come up and she's just standing there. Any way to fix this?

• kinbumi
    7 posts

I would advise not completing this quest right now. After I did I lost access to multiple settlement improvements. Can’t use the barracks, Hunter, horse, or ship builder.

• ReaLadiesMan217
    2 posts

@mistermcshark Im having the same problem. I dont wanna progress to far in case i have to restart. this really sucks.

• iTzBoy
    1 posts

Same here. So annoying.

• Vorayne
    1 posts

Hi,
    I've just completed the Ragnarsons quest line and pledged to East Anglia at Randvi but noticed my Mysterious Berserker quest is now completely missing from my quest log.

I have traveled to the cave and found Bjorn and his bear but they are not interactable at all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• Mondracc
    3 posts

For me the bear is stuck inside cave ceiling and I cant interact at all after talking to Bjorn.
    https://ibb.co/gF5W5Lt

• AgitatedNatedog
    2 posts

On xbox series x this quest is stuck on "follow the bear njal" and we are at the last but all the bear does is attack fish and birds. (I cannot feed it).

• Smatter_Tipzie
    1 posts

my questline went missing in my questlog when i helped the bear and then fighted the stuff i needed to fight.
    i talked to bjorn got my next quest i was supposed to pick some flowers. but then i saved the game and went to bed and when i started the game today the next quest in the berserker questline was gone and i cant talk to bjorn or anything....

• Tar-Naugrim
    52 posts

@agitatednatedog Had the same happen to me, I reloaded from an autosave the game made and next time I killed a fish I had an option to talk to Njal and feed it.

• Guisjaart76
    1 posts

@svarainiokas I have exactly the same issue here

• DEDg34r
    2 posts

@agitatednatedog i am having the same bug, it seems as if something agro'd me in the water and hes constantly at the shore attacking the fish. The only result i get is a ton of dead fish laying in the lake and even if I personally kill them I don't get a response from the bear. My mission continues telling me to follow him. I am fast traveling to Norway and returning to see for a fix because saving and reloading the game hasn't seemed to work.

• CypegEaT
    1 posts

@smatter_tipzie I've exactly the same problem. Keep me updated if you get the solution to this please!

• DEDg34r
    2 posts

@dedg34r I made a small clip of what the bear is doing for me for any Ubisoft Admins that want to see how it looks. Just a little 2 minute clip.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/804110096?t=0h0m3s

• Siimy1
    1 posts

@smatter_tipzie Same for me too 😞

• Mirmidonass
    1 posts

@svarainiokas outside the bjorn cave on the river bank has a boat. tried to push the bear to land.worked for me!!!!!!

Community details

Users
Topics