Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • nomoarc
    2 posts

@burntseitan this worked for me! I used my horse and needed 3 attempts (I guess the next step is triggered at a certain spot).

• therealzdealz
    5 posts

Re: [Unable to progress with "The Mysterious Berserker" Call your horse and get close to the bear. He will follow the horse. If he doesn't follow while you are riding then put the horse in front of him and whistle for your horse but DON'T mount the horse. You then need to run to the tree with the fishing arrows to trigger feeding him. If he is in water and won't come out you can call your longboat and push him to shore and then follow above. Might take a few tries but it works. Hope that helps.(/topic/80549/unable-to-progress-with-the-mysterious-berserker-post-here)

• therealzdealz
    5 posts

@svarainiokas Call your horse and get close to the bear. He will follow the horse. If he doesn't follow while you are riding then put the horse in front of him and whistle for your horse but DON'T mount the horse. You then need to run to the tree with the fishing arrows to trigger feeding him. If he is in water and won't come out you can call your longboat and push him to shore and then follow above. Might take a few tries but it works. Hope that helps.

@candyflossbaby Call your horse and get close to the bear. He will follow the horse. If he doesn't follow while you are riding then put the horse in front of him and whistle for your horse but DON'T mount the horse. You then need to run to the tree with the fishing arrows to trigger feeding him. If he is in water and won't come out you can call your longboat and push him to shore and then follow above. Might take a few tries but it works. Hope that helps.

@humanpestilence you need to make him run to the tree with fishing arrows to trigger feeding him

• therealzdealz
    5 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • therealzdealz
    5 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • andysbelle
    1 posts

@burntseitan Yes, this works, managed it with horse, finally got the quest to move onto Feed instead of Follow

• Milsolen
    1 posts

Stuck on follow the bear pretty anoying since i completed aloth and my last saves are not exactly close to starting the mission

• nitohico89
    3 posts

@smatter_tipzie keep us update bro having the same issue

• Ubi-Raziel
    Ubisoft Support Staff 197 posts

Hello everyone!

Our team is investigating this issue. We're in the process of reproducing it so we can then implement a fix.

I can see a workaround video above which is great. I'd also like to gather the following information from as many players as possible -

• A video showing how the issue occurs
    • If you de-sync and the mission restarts from the last checkpoint, does the issue still occur?

Thank you!

Official Response
  • IronCarb
    3 posts

@ubi-raziel

Really looking forward to a fix. The workaround posted above (the horse + boat pushing) does not work for me (Njal stays adamantly at the shore, not moving away). I do have a save game from before I took the quest, but I don't have any good video recording software at the moment.

What seemed to trigger it for me was that I sort of ignored the bear when it took me close to the river and I started fishing before I triggered anything about feeding the bear. Then it started attacking fish in the river and the quest never changed away from "follow Njal".

• DEADsilent_kill
    2 posts

All saved data looks like it has become corrupted I tried going back to a save point and they were sell corrupted from that point on. Even if I try to go before that save point data still becomes corrupted. Reset/New Game is looking like the only solution.

• DEADsilent_kill
    2 posts

@ubi-raziel data is corrupted, even after starting new game.

• Ubi-Raziel
    Ubisoft Support Staff 197 posts

@ironcarb Hey! Thanks for getting back to me, your steps are extremely important for us to reproduce this ourselves.

• Did the bear eat the fish you were trying to catch?
      • If so, did the fish still go to your inventory?
    • Does the bear seem to attack any other animals in this state?
    • Can you please confirm if de-syncing or saving & loading brings you to the same issue?
    • If at all possible, we would also really appreciate your current save file if experiencing this issue on PS4 or PC. The steps are here to submit these.

We forward everything to our team. They will use this data to reproduce the issue and that helps our devs understand the root cause 🙂

@DEADsilent_kill Can you please explain in more detail how you know your save is corrupted? Are you experiencing the same issue with Njal?

What happened after starting a new game?

Thanks!

Official Response
  • Alnar
    2 posts

I'm having the same problem, unable to feed Njal the fish that I caught

• Bram_Sch
    1 posts

Same here, when I started the quest at the mysterious berserker, I got off my horse, the horse ran away and Njal followed it.
    When I started the 'follow Njal' part, Njal was about 100meters away, when I reached him I could follow him to the field with the purple flowers and after that he just stays there, sometimes he's moving his head or walks back and forth but thats about it. Plz fix.

• Airborne694859
    1 posts

Anyone got a way around the glitch for 'The Mysterious Berserker'

Njal is in the middle of the water and is not moving anywhere.

Basically this has stopped the game for me

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 652 posts

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your continued replies. Having read through the full thread I have noticed that there have been several points identified where it is possible to get stuck. It would therefore be helpful if further reports could be shared using the following template for our ease of understanding, and also the ease of presentation of the information to the devs:

• The platform you play on (e.g. PC, PS5, Xbox One)
    • Task that you are struggling with (e.g. "Feed Bullhead to Njal" or "Follow Njal")
    • Link to short video clip demonstrating the issue (on YouTube or a similar site)
    • Confirmation of trying reloading a previous save / desyncing and resuming
    • Confirmation of whether the two workarounds previously posted (to use a boat or mount to lure Njal onward) worked or not

We'd also appreciate it as my colleague Raziel mentioned, if any save files from affected PC and PS4 players could be submitted to us via a support case or Live Chat. These are incredibly useful for the devs to analyse and assess when developing bug fixes. If you do send your save files, please quote the case reference number here in this thread so we can check it and retrieve the files! Thank you in advance! 😄

Official Response
  • Ubi-Swaggins
    Ubisoft Support Staff 340 posts
    This post is deleted!
    Official Response
  • heylindsey
    4 posts

@ubi-woofer I am playing on the xbox series x and I am not able to speak to Bjorn at all. There is no Y button prompt showing up when I approach him. I also cannot interact with the bear. I have tried loading pervious saves and it still happens. Nothing has helped, and ever since this started Eivor keeps repeating the hint about Bjorn Boodtooth "beserkers mjake fierce foes, but powerful allies" about every 30 seconds even when I am nowhere near the quest.

• Alnar
    2 posts

@heylindsey Hello

I'm playing on the pc version of the game and I am unable to feed the fish to Njal. So I decided to go back to an earlier save and wait to do this quest when it is fixed

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics