Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• longjohn119
    713 posts

@petteflet88
    And now you know why I quit playing the game just before doing this quest ...... I didn't want to have to start the game all over again because of a busted save although by the time they get this and all the other bugs fixed I'll probably have to anyway since it will likely be March or April .....

• longjohn119
    713 posts
    Yes!! I see this is resolved in the upcoming patch. S

I think they said the same thing before the last patch ...... The problem fixing a bug like this is it breaks your save by not registering a milestone/event was completed so how do you fix it without screwing things up for people who haven't done it yet? You can't get set it as completeld for everyone and trying to determine who has actually completed it and who hasn't is no easy task ...... And there are a ton of these same basic issues with just about every quest in the game ..... I still suspect it's got to do with the Connect App and it trying to 'phone home' with an autosave and a bug it in fails to register a milestone/event has been completed in the save ......

• Recon4thCav
    31 posts

@petteflet88 This is ridiculous. I hope it does get fixed. I'll come back to Bughalla in 6 months and rebuy a used copy for 9.99. Either way best of luck!

Ubibug you all should feel ashamed releasing this bug of a game. All of you should be fired. You can not even take ownership of this mess. Pathetic!

Either way done on the forums. Ubibug doesn't care. I hope everyone stops buying their crap.

• SHOWaz_GAMING
    1 posts

@rathma86 same here.
    I sent them my issue with this mission on December 7, i added pictures too just to be more clear on what is the issue and even today i didnt get an answer.
    I mean they could send a normal message like ... we know about this issue and we will fix it in the new update ... or something like that ... just to show some appreciation to us for buying their unplayable game.
    But no. Completely silence.
    So what can i say? Im very disappointed.
    Im a big fan of Assassins Creed games but next time, before buying their game ill search very good to see if they really deserves my hard worked money.
    Ubisoft, you know ... we work for this money. We dont get them from trees.

• Gfy_nolan
    1 posts

Apparently this hot fix didn't work. Heres what just happened to me on 12/10. I got to sons of ragnar. After completing the soma missions. And was really enjoying the game. But was unable to continue due to not being able to talk to anyone! And i do mean anyone! Not even in my settlement. So i tried to fast travel. . Nope cant do that. And most of my friggin saves kept putting me right back in the same situation. Even without doing the sons line. I decided to load my oldest save (the island of eels) and things seemed normal. Decided to just roam and loot. Went to save and couldn't tried to fast travel and couldn't. . . I had to completely delete all my saves and start from scratch!! Im so frustrated! I like the game but im kicking myself for buying the digital version cause i cant sell it and get my money back!

• DHangelfan16
    24 posts

Mid-December?

Jeez, thanks so much for taking over a month to fix the broken product you sold me.

I'm really very grateful.

• ssumrae
    1 posts

@pauldelestrac soon? This was a f**king month ago. I can’t believe they could release a game with so many game breaking bugs.

• Micdude23
    2 posts

Hello. I'm currently doing the quest of Sons of Ragnar...once we have conquered the fortress and found the letter with Tonnas sigil, I am unable to do anything else. I've tried everything but I can't leave the fortress at all; and once I try fast travel to another place, it comes with automatic desynchronization. I tried reinstalling the game and still the same problem. My save button was also not working.

Now I managed to travel back to Norway ..my save button is working again but whenever I go back to England, I keep getting desynchronized. Can someone help me?

• Micdude23
    2 posts

Hello. I'm currently doing the quest of Sons of Ragnar...once we have conquered the fortress and found the letter with Tonnas sigil, I am unable to do anything else. I've tried everything but I can't leave the fortress at all; and once I try fast travel to another place, it comes with automatic desynchronization. I tried reinstalling the game and still the same problem. My save button was also not working.

Now I managed to travel back to Norway ..my save button is working again but whenever I go back to England, I keep getting desynchronized. Can someone help me?

• UbiExcellent
    Ubisoft Support Staff 756 posts

Hello Micdude23! I'm sorry to hear about this issue you're having with proceeding past the Sons of Ragnar quest. It looks like you were also able to post in the Megathread about this issue, so thank you for doing that! As of right now, this is an issue that is slated to be fixed in an upcoming patch, so please keep a close eye on both that Megathread and the game's official website for more details!

Official Response
  • Pyschwarden
    1 posts

Still can't proceed with the sons of ragnar quest line I'm 250+ power and finished all other available alliances have all of the legendary hunts as well as most of the special events and zealots

• Maddogmatti2018
    1 posts

Ubisoft fix your [censored].

• Kyshakysha
    4 posts

I had to start the game all over again (after getting almost 50 hours in). Sons of Ragnar worked this time, but the game crashes almost every time I complete a main mission, I have to constantly save it just in case I run into another glitch, and after another 40+ hours played (in the new file this time), I've tossed the game to the side. At this point I've played almost 100 hours in total between the first, broken file and this second one, and it's frustrating to know that if the game hadn't had all of these issues, I would've been at almost 100% completion, if not completely finished with the game by now.

I read CD Projekt apologized and is actually offering a full refund to PS4 and Xbox One users for there also horrible launch experiences with Cyberpunk. Take note, Ubisoft. THAT'S, HOW YOU STAND BEHIND A GAME!

• Petteflet88
    346 posts

Wait... hold on... i am reading the 1.1.0 patch notes (releases tomorrow). Why... do I not see anything about the Sons Of Ragnar bug? Are you kidding me? Will this not be fixed!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? ARE. YOU. KIDDING. ME.

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/game/assassins-creed/valhalla/news-updates/7adnHZYiIKWGI9U9rhBwfv/assassins-creed-valhalla-title-update-110

Are. You kidding me.. i am loosing my mind.

• Petteflet88
    346 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • EmoKid199387
    19 posts

This is freaking ridiculous I want to take a hammer to this game so bad but I cant cause I spent so much on it and been waiting for this game since I lost my job due to covid come on ubisoft fix this already you are going to to lose so many fans cause of this

• xSnakeDNEx
    1 posts

Does anyone know when this quest will be fixed? I restarted at a save point 4 hours prior to attempting to speak with Ubba the first time and still can't speak with him. My quest icon isn't loading either. I've put over close to 65 hours into this game not doing the main story.

• RedHawk771
    5 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • RedHawk771
    5 posts

@petteflet88 i think it is adressed at the “players couldn’t progress” one

• Nicotaco87
    24 posts

@Ubi-Woofer

I saw that the new patch is coming out tomorrow....i was sooooooo happy...untill I noticed there is still NO fix for thé 'sons of ragnar' quest....is this for real?

A MAIN quest. For over a month?
    I don't know if It should laugh at it or cry about it

Suggested Topics