Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1268 posts

I issued a warning previously, and this has been ignored. I have now deleted the ongoing derailed conversation, and if this should continue, further sanctions will be imposed. I urge all of you to refrain from throwing any further comments, insults or otherwise at each other, and reflect on our forum rules. That sort of behaviour won't be tolerated.

@Dcruse0484 If your issue is with fighting Goneril, we have a megathread for that issue here. Please post there and do not derail this thread.

@Heathen45 I am sorry to hear that you are affected by this issue, but glad that your wife is not! We'll communicate on a fix further as soon as we have more information.

@DHangelfan16 I am unsure if your post was meant to be directed at me - but either way, I'd like to take a look into your support case, and gather any information from it that has not already been submitted. Could you provide me with the reference number please?

@ShopsLA I'll not be helping with unrelated issues in this thread, but I did find a thread for the issue you describe here. Please share your experience of the issue there for us to look into. A video would help. 🙂

Official Response
  • DrBaloonot
    2 posts

@ubi-woofer Please show me the warning that was given to a legitimately and understandably angry customer? There is none. You banned without any warning and are now lying again to the people. Terrible customer service then if someone stands up to it you delete all evidence and sweep the whole situation under the rug. Doctor up the forum to make it look the way Ubisoft want it to look. You may have some spineless followers but you also have an angry mob that can move off this forum to places your reach cannot touch e.g. Reddit, Twitter, Facebook, TikTok, Instagram and all over the internet. This will be banned as well. Watch and without warning may I add. I followed the rules. I am not “derailing”

@Recon4thCav Weren’t you banned at one point too? All because of voicing your frustration and feelings toward getting pretty much robbed?

• DrBaloonot
    2 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Ubi-Woofer

@DrBaloonot On the previous page in my reply I wrote the following, after previously sending a private message to MooseNuugle as well (trying to keep this thread on-topic):

You are derailing the thread with an unrelated discussion and at this stage I'm going to politely ask that you stop, as it is both diverging from the thread topic and also getting closer and closer to personal attacks on the other players in here. Please take a look at the private message I sent to you earlier, and take it into account. 🙂

I apologise if you think my moderation of these forums in line with our forum rules is not appropriate, and you are welcome to submit feedback on this that I will forward to the appropriate people / teams.

Now, I would ask again that we refocus this thread on the issue at hand. I will reply again when I know more. Thank you. 🙂

Official Response
  • ILIKEPANINIS
    94 posts

@ubi-woofer one point I do want to make regarding the quest is one of the random npc Vikings near Ubba seems to levitate to the floor from maybe a few inches in the air as I come towards the area and he spawns in, I don't know if it's helpful but I thought I'd mention it

• Heathen45
    3 posts

@ilikepaninis yeah, I seen that post as well lol same bug just different people. Pretty similar situation though.

• Recon4thCav
    31 posts
  • ILIKEPANINIS
    94 posts

Okay, there is an npc under the map near Ubba as others have said
    @ubi-woofer

• PierreDey
    2 posts

I'm 72h into the game. This has been an issue for me for more than a week now. There is no way I am restarting everything because of that one glitch. Why hasn't it been fixed by your last parch? What are you people at Ubisoft waiting for?
    I have tried everything, there's still that damn boat in the middle of the road and I'm still unable to speak to Ubba.

• richardalan1975
    3 posts

Add me to the list stuck trying to connect with Ubba, I’ve tried every idea in this thread.

• Belfahl
    14 posts

@ubi-woofer
    Can we all remember that the Mods/Support Staff on the forums aren't at fault for a lack of information. They're the underpaid ones having to face the masses, I'm sure if they had any new information or were able to affect change themselves they would. Cast your blame towards the higher ups making decisions on information shared, or the company as a whole not the poor team having to stand on the front lines.

To keep my reply on topic, has there been any sort of update at all Woofer? I see this fault has been moved to the other thread, but is there a more general fix potentially coming. Like the often suggested "Restart Quest" function, even if it still bugged intermittently at least it could be attempted.

• Recon4thCav
    31 posts

I was never given a warning about my 24 hour ban. I was just banned. They are just covering their %$#. They know they released a broken game and will not admit. It is just bad business, so I took my business elsewhere. I'll buy Ubisoft games used months after release, so they see 0 of my dollars.

I feel like an idiot dropping 120 on this broken game. Never again.

• Ubi-Woofer

@ILIKEPANINIS Thanks for these additional tips 🙂 If you have an image of this by any chance, it would help!

@belfahl My most recent posts begin on page 44 here. I mentioned that the issue has been added to the Known Issues List under "issues under investigation" - the issue is still being looked into by the devs currently, and we're still gathering videos and save files to submit to them. I'm afraid there's nothing additional for me to share at the moment.

@Recon4thCav I would like to ask you to check your Chat inbox, as I send each person I warn / ban a message in there and I double-checked, and you did have one sent to you as well. If you'd like me to resend it I can oblige. The time stamp of the notification I sent to you is 26 Nov 2020 21:37 according to my display.

Official Response
  • EmoKid199387
    19 posts

@ubi-woofer thank you for a least trying g to keep us updated. I understand it will take time and thank you

• Recon4thCav
    31 posts

@ubi-woofer i was never given a warning. Just 24 hour ban. Either way does not matter. You do you and I'll take my business elsewhere. Hopefully others will also after this [censored] show of a release!

• avillania
    5 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • TheWhibbles
    3 posts

I have also encountered the issue with this mission where I can't talk to Ubba. I've tried fast-traveling to Norway and back, with the quest checked and unchecked. I tried attacking anything and everything in the area. Tried hitting the other boats. Tried completing other ally missions (I completed the other 2).Nothing seems to work. I started this mission before another ally mission, so I switched regions and completed another one, but I started right back at this mission when I switched back.

• avillania
    5 posts

I'm 99H and 28M into this game and still can't speak to Ubba. Tried completing other alliance quests and a bunch of other random things. However, when I select the Sons of Ragnar Quest the quest icon doesn't show up on the map anymore, it even prompts me to go to the menu to select a quest, even though Sons of Ragnar is selected...

• TheWhibbles
    3 posts

@avillania I also encountered the same problem with the quest marker not showing up. I traveled to Norway, which fixed that issue, but I still couldn't talk to Ubba.

• ILIKEPANINIS
    94 posts

@ubi-woofer it wont let me post the image I have, it keeps saying it needs to be a smaller size but you can see the green npc dot under the rocks near Ubba when you use Odin sight

Suggested Topics