Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• UbiKoality
    Community Manager 440 posts

Hello Sangozord! Apologies for the delayed reply. The team has been investigating various performance issues in Assassin's Creed Valhalla, so if you are experiencing them yourself upon purchasing the game then I would be glad to investigate those problems further with you personally. 🙂

Official Response
  • Odelpha
    1 posts

We wonder if Ubisoft is working on the massive screen tearing on Xbox.

• DemonATX
    1 posts

It is constant. There is screen tearing across the bottom of the screen both in cutscenes and walk around the world. Can't play the game at all, please patch it.

• Murkrot
    1 posts

Xbox One X

I have paid $130 for a game that is, at the moment, nearly unplayable due to the screen tearing issue. I have adjusted settings on my TV and it helped some but it is still a major issue. Here's hoping it's addressed soon.

• braincrush
    3 posts

@canceltodebug yup same here xbsx, it's terrible...

• Quixy21
    14 posts

@ubi-raziel
    Just uploaded a short video of the screen tearing as well.

• SaintlyStorms
    76 posts

@odelpha Agreed. The screen tearing is very bad on the Series X. They really need to do something about it along with the sound quality.

• SaintlyStorms
    76 posts

@preferrend69 It's happening mostly during exploration for me. I don't see any during cut scenes but maybe I'm not paying much attention.

• SeanC.87
    20 posts

This would be an easy fix if they gave us an ability to adjust graphic on console like you can on pc

• SaintlyStorms
    76 posts

@seanc-87 Considering the power the Series X has... I would have thought that would have been a given.

• washout13
    2 posts

Still no comment from devs on this or a potential timeline on a fix?

• XSVEgyptians
    2 posts

NEW ISSUE?

I have a big problem with wealth and side missions NOT registering!!!

I collect the wealth and it doesn't sync. It remains on my map the the bar for wealth remains the same (even tho it'll say "wealth collected" )

Also! Some side missions just don't continue. Ex: the nude guy on the mountain mission. I took the box from the other people dancing and dropped it off to the guy. The Box disappeared and the mission hasn't progressed for 2 days after checking back.

PLEASE HELP?

• club556
    1 posts

I signed up to Ubisoft just to say I have this same problem on my Xbox one S, on my Samsung Q70 4k it's pretty bad as well as the screen tearing. Would microsoft give a refund back on the game? If this isn't fixed in a timely manor?

• TheReignStorm
    18 posts

@canceltodebug

Can confirm, Xbox Series X here too.

(I'm picking up my PS5 with Demon's this afternoon - thinking of shelving this game until I'm done with that one or until it seems that it's more playable than its current state, yikes Ubi!)

• callmemelloyelo
    2 posts

Constant screen tearing on Xbox One X, to the point that it’s distracting, and when using Synin, everything is blurry except for a small area about the size of quarter. When synchronizing with a landmark, it tears horribly during the panoramic shot, and all around the outline of Eivor is blurry, with the same thing happening when there’s dialogue on the screen. Medium distance textures are also not very sharp. I haven’t had any issues with quests being bugged, knock on wood, but am really disappointed in how the game looks, previous Assassin’s Creed titles are sharper and more clear than this is.

• callmemelloyelo
    2 posts

Constant screen tearing on Xbox One X, to the point that it’s distracting, and when using Synin, everything is blurry except for a small area about the size of quarter. When synchronizing with a landmark, it tears horribly during the panoramic shot, and all around the outline of Eivor is blurry, with the same thing happening when there’s dialogue on the screen. Medium distance textures are also not very sharp. I haven’t had any issues with quests being bugged, knock on wood, but am really disappointed in how the game looks, previous Assassin’s Creed titles are sharper and more clear than this is.

• Murphykitty24
    1 posts

I found a temporary possible solution that might work for some on X1X: put your X1X at 1440p output. (It's sort of hidden -- go into Display Options, Advanced, Video Fidelity & Overscan and then you can override the console settings to output at 1440 -- otherwise the option doesn't usually appear). I assume this only works if your TV/monitor supports 1440 -- not all of them do, even some 4k screens won't display 1440.

Doing this on my 4k display resulted in a 1440p output (obviously) and I also lost HDR (HDR works in 4k mode but not in 1440p, at least for my TV) *but* the tearing seems to be drastically reduced -- like you might see a slight tear if you're spinning the camera around specifically looking for a screen tear, but much more playable. You're giving up some resolution and HDR but this seems to be making the game playable, at least for now, based on my setup (X1X + Hisense H8G).

• JobuuRumdrinker
    17 posts

@ubi-raziel Regular xbox one for me. Happens all over, even in loading screen

• HULKSMASH666
    2 posts

@ubi-raziel Xbox series X

• DCruption
    4 posts

Same tearing issue here on a Xbox One X with 2020 Samsung 4K Tv.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics