Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Ziilaax
    11 posts
    A update soon for this problem?

• theficus
    5 posts

Series X. Tearing is so bad. It’s gotten much worse with the 1.1.0 patch. Areas like Wincestre are nearly unplayable because of so much tearing and stuttering. This is supposed to be a next gen title? Unacceptable.

• HandsomeMike111
    1 posts

@arkhamstealth same on the Xbox Series S in performance mode, would mind if it was a little bit but it's pretty much the whole screen whenever your in dense areas like towns and cities.

• B00MSIE
    296 posts

After patch 1.1.1 on the Xbox Series X the tearing is still there. Now also when using the Raven, didn't notice that earlier.

• vagmc1982
    10 posts

@b00msie After they gave us the choice to play at 30fps with higher graphics settings and no tearing, I never touched the performance mode again. I highly doubt that this issue will be adressed, ever. Interestingly fenyx rising also has tearing when played at 60fps. Both games are using the anvil engine and suffer from the same issues on the series x, including the ps5. No other game at 60fps has tearing issues, just these two. Maybe a problem within the engine?

• jakhi147
    29 posts

Still tearing on ps5 too, if anything it's even worse!

• kalithreaver
    2 posts

Why is this still not fixed? The screen tearing ruins the game when playing on Series X

• B00MSIE
    296 posts

@vagmc1982

Thanks for the info. Because of the many problems in Valhalla, I have not bought any other Ubi games for now. I was very tempted to buy Fenyx Rising. Had googled if it also had the tearing and thought it didn’t had it.
    Still think Valhalla is a great game. I bought it on realisease day to play on my brand new next gen Xbox series X and the first thing you see is the terrible screen tearing. Very disappointing. Not even mentioning the many, many, many other problems...

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2091 posts

Hello there,

I'd like to apologise for the delayed response. The development team are still looking into screen tearing issues on Xbox One X|S, and would like to collect some additional information from affected players.

If you have not already, we would recommend trying some basic Xbox One troubleshooting steps to see if this helps to resolve the issue.

If you are still encountering screen tearing after trying the troubleshooting steps, please can you provide us with the following information:

• Please can you confirm which model of Xbox One you use?
    • When did this issue first happen? How often does it occur?
    • Is the game installed on the internal HDD or an external drive?
    • What is the make/model of the TV you are using?
    • If you can provide any videos that show the screen tearing happening in-game, these will be very helpful for further investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • B00MSIE
    296 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • B00MSIE
    296 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • B00MSIE
    296 posts
    This post is deleted!

Suggested Topics