Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• chicohh
    2 posts

@ubi-raziel massive screen tearing with the xbox series x version on a Samsung KS8000

• D0MFTW
    5 posts

@ubi-raziel

I'm on One X. Tv is an LG B7

• CornishZombie
    9 posts

I'm getting the same issue on my Sony Bravia 50" 2018 model. I'm using the Xbox Series X. Getting awful screen tearing, making the game unplayable this really needs to be patched other games on the Series X on my TV are working fine.

This game is very poorly optimised. 👎

• CornishZombie
    9 posts

There is also another discussion about this issue ill drop it in here too!

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/78552/screen-tearing-on-series-x/25

• Tomkohler1991
    8 posts

@ubi-raziel
    XBOX ONE X with a Phillips 50PUS7505. Almost constant screen tearing, really distracting to the point I don't want to play.

• kaarma7
    1 posts

Yep. Me too. Xbox one x. Is very very annoying. Patch needed please 🙏🏻

• Tomkohler1991
    8 posts

@kaarma7 looking on some of the other posts regarding this the screen tearing issue has now been acknowledged!

• jeffclaire083
    9 posts

same here Xbox series x on LG OLED C7 screen tearing 100% of the time during cut scenes, when in towns, villages,/ camps (anything with buildings) and periodically when roaming the land.

• Ubi-Raziel
    Ubisoft Support Staff 197 posts

Thank you everyone!

Screen tearing usually happens if there is a big difference between refresh rate and FPS, so I was curious whether this happened with the same TV, or the same refresh rate.

I've informed our team of everything so we'll hopefully hear back soon. Would anyone be able to provide a short video of this issue? A video of both an Xbox one X and Xbox Series X would be perfect.

Thank you all again!

Official Response
  • jeffclaire083
    9 posts

I tried taking a video on my phone, but it's a crappy phone and it's hard to see the tearing from the video

• Ehllfhire1
    86 posts

@captnfrgskn console garbage issues

• cMayhem85
    4 posts

I have an Xbox One X on a Hisense 55" H8F.

This is clearly a widespread issue on all Xbox consoles as there are several videos on youtube highlighting this issue and the game has only been out 3 days.

• mskills
    10 posts

i have the same problem, Xbox Series X and TV Sony X900E. Terrible screen tearing, just unplayable.

• PiersSaunders
    8 posts

@ubi-raziel

Here's a good video - I have this exact problem.

XBOX SERIES X

I have a Sony Bravia 55XD9305 LED

• guest-ZvSD95Mb
    3 posts

@ubi-raziel

Crossposting for greater visibility.

I am experiencing significant screen tearing in populated zones / heavy combat as well on Xbox Series X. I have a vizio E70 f1 that does NOT support VRR.

Sadly, it seems this issue is not nearly as prevalent on the PS5 version, likely because vsync is enabled there (since no VRR support) whereas in the Xbox code, vsync is clearly disabled (since xbox supports VRR and is being used as a crutch since it effectively masks the issue entirely).

Give the user an option to enable Vsync please! It hurts knowing that to enjoy this game in its full splendor I need to invest in a new $1000+ TV set. Most folks just don't have that extra cash laying about.

That's my best guess to the issue in question, but I'm just a user!!!

• jeffclaire083
    9 posts

@pierssaunders perfect!! that's exactly what I see, and what I was trying to capture

• guest-ZvSD95Mb
    3 posts

@ubi-raziel

Stats from VG Techs analysis. 4025 torn frames on XSX vs 865 on PS5 in like-for-like testing.

undefined

• Super_Uschi
    2 posts

@ubi-raziel I´ll do a cross-posting for a higher visibility on this problem: Here as well: Philips Ambilight 58PUS7304 / 12 + Xbox Seriex X - absolutely extreme screen tearing, which destroys the whole game fun. Especially in dark scenes or when several people come together. Also partly in cut scenes. I noticed that the tearing is different and depends on the place in the game.

Sorry - but Valhalla is currently not playable!

• Ubi-Raziel
    Ubisoft Support Staff 197 posts

Thank you all very much!

I know it's not easy to capture on a phone so I greatly appreciate everyone's efforts.

This is of course an incredibly frustrating issue and I am sorry for that. Once again I will forward everything to our devs, to help them.

If anyone is able to provide a clear video of this happening with the Xbox One X I can add that to the investigation too.

Official Response
  • MattyPollo
    9 posts

@ubi-raziel THANK YOU!

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics