Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Fred_P
    Original poster 15 posts

I don't get the zealot fights at all. I just had a couple of tries at Eorforwine, and I don't get when I am supposed to do damage to her.

I can get her yellow bar down for the R attack, and a few hours in here and there, but any time i try to use an opening to hit her it either only allows for one hit or i get punished for trying.

Like her drinking to regain health, she often regains a bit before I get to her to hit her, and when I do hit her she flies out of range, do there is no way to follow up.

Likewise when an opening is made by parrying her strikes i can either only get in one hit, of hitting her results in her hitting back way too fast for me to react.

In Origins and Odyssey i could take out wavering heroes way above my level by trying enough times and playing well enough, but it doesn't feel like that here, really feels like there's something i just don't understand about the game

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• styxee
    20 posts

@fred_p it's designed like a Dark Souls fight where everything is about timing. If your timing is off you just continually lose. The best way to combat them is to drag them to a group of your own NPC's and let them wear them down or to a river edge and sit on a boat and shoot them to death. Keep in mind they are also placed in zones that are low level so most times you need to play much more and come back later to kill them. Yet another stupid decision by Ubisoft considering the zones are so much smaller than Odyssey so you have to actively avoid them to do other content. Unlike in Odyssey where you could easily avoid the bounty hunters if you didn't want to interact with them.

• GothicEnigma
    29 posts

@fred_p

Don't worry its not just you... THey were designed to cheat, and not follow the rules of combat...

Cheese it like the dude who responded to you suggested... Only way to beat them... It's stupid, and garbage, but.. what do you expect from a rushed pile of a game..

• Tinyjester27
    2 posts

It's BS. Straight BS. Mine arent even using healing potions. This Zealot Cola? Is regaining his health instantly. Without a healing potion. I have knocked him down so many times. Destroyed his armor. He gets up with full health and armor instantly. No potion.

• Hayloth
    7 posts

If you update your skills is easier to kill her but again they use cheating at battle to win you. They design to be smart at battle. So need to find smart solution how to kill him.

• treyuhhflave
    8 posts

While there may be bugs, Zealots are not supposed to be easy. I struggled to kill my first one until I was near the level required. Even then, it was challenging. I'm playing on Berserker(hard) difficulty too.

I also had encountered another Zealot while doing a raid and my crew decided to help me decimate him, despite being way below the power level. I was 110 or so and they were 160.

• larrykop1967
    66 posts

Yeah i agree, very like dark souls, they do cheat, i out leveled the one around Veronis and upgraded my gear to full and i still i found the fight annoying and lost, the game would take over and make me lose, so i dropped the difficulty down and i beat the zealot and 3 other enemies at the same time, i thought, this will do for me, more rpg like, where my upgrades i spent time getting actually matter, i'm not a dark souls fan lol.

• Frosthound030
    124 posts

I got fed up with that zealot named Redwalda, had a mission with the Ragnarsons and Sig near by so i said screw this cheap punk and lured him over to the Ragnarsons and let them all process to kick the zealots teeth in, it was glorious 😊

• TheCool5579
    8 posts

@fred_p I use my comrades my Vikings as cannon fodder to distract Zealots. While the Zealots are focusing on them I'm rolling around firing arrows at weak spots. I then climb up high so if the Zealots climb up to get me I can Heavy attack, knocking them off. When they hit the ground the fall damage usually kills them. If not, rinse and repeat.

• longjohn119
    772 posts

@fred_p
    Well it would be a lot easier if aim assist actually worked ...... That's how I got around Merc and was able to beat ones up to 21 level higher than me ...... More than 4 or 5 levels above you in Odyssey and they could kill you in one shot so I would ambush them and if things started going south I'd climb buildings or use trees as cover but here that's not possible without some sort of locking on targets ..... You can lock on them for melee so why not with a bow? I haven't even tried a zealot because I know it's futile for my playstyle and build when the aim assist/locking is completely broken ....

• DomConnor123
    2 posts

Ubisoft just need to pull their finger out, the fighting tactics on this game are pure BS compared to the previous games, also the fact that the button mapping is completely off too doesn’t help! I can’t see how it’s right to put AI in a game that can’t be killed unless you block every move they make, because that not going to happen, I am level 141 and she is only level 90 and her blows are as though she’s a higher level than me which again is BS because you level up for a reason, I tried to fight her at level 90 and she is still just as strong as she was now I’m fighting her at a even higher level. Then as soon as you move away to maybe use your bow and arrow she regains her health, which again they should be limited to how many times they can do it as we only have a certain number of rations, surely she can’t hold and unlimited supply because that’s just pure [censored], the Devs on this game seriously need to rethink them and maybe do an update. Also UBISOFT I DONT HAVE MY REWARDS FROM PRIME GAMING, sort it out!

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

I had no problem killing them tbh. Of course when I had too low power level I wasn't able to. But dodging their attacks is probably the best way to kill them combined with the skill which slows time when you dodge perfectly. You can land a lot of hits then. Only do light attacks, never heavy attacks. Maybe use a fast weapon combo like 2 axes or daggers? You have to adapt to their speed 🙂

But I can see that if you fight them like you would fight ordinary enemies you probably will have problems. Hitting the weak point isn't that rewarding btw. It may take something like 10-15% off the HP bar.

• UbiT00n
    Community Manager 91 posts

@fred_p I think the best course of action here would be to come back to Eorforwine when you have gained more abilities and built up your power level. Some of them can be in quite low power areas which can trick you into thinking you are ready. Let us know if you return and defeat her! I bet it will be satisfying.

Official Response
  • tnsmongoose
    3 posts

Anyone had issues after killing them you would get no tablet towards Excalibur

• kniVes-6-
    10 posts

I find I have to lower the difficulty for Zealots which makes me believe they are badly balanced. Especially when all other fights are too easy on the same game level. They are cheating sh1ts though and Ubisoft of late just seem to go out of there way to remove fun from everything in favour of frustration.

• FylkirPanzer
    180 posts

I skipped fighting Zealots until after I gained more abilities, etc. I've found the charged shot does massive damage to them if you get get their stun points knocked out, then just hit them with a charged Hunter bow shot and it will usually wipe out a large portion of their health. Either that, or back up far enough to where they throw explosive traps or javelins at you, and then throw them back (after you get that ability). I've found that my allies are useless, as I had to fight two separate Zealots in two separate raids, they just weren't doing enough damage to them.

• DeaconRayne
    9 posts

Officially done trying to fight Zealots. Even when I match their level, their attacks are too quick for me to counter or dodge with any consistency. It's always felt like the timing for blocking varies wildly from encounter to encounter.
    But these guys are not worth the trouble. If the only way to best them is spam missile redirection or try to lure them into a fight with your raiders, then they're rubbish.

I'm trying SO hard to enjoy this game but between being plagued with bugs, wildly uneven combat and a resource system that makes upgrading your settlement like pulling teeth (seriously either give us more monestaries or don't make them mandatory for building especially at low <100 level) this just isn't fun.

Between this and Cyberpunk, I'm never buying a new game that's rushed out to make holiday sales.

• Quor321
    232 posts

Not sure if it's been mentioned or not... That slow time ability after a perfect dodge is huge for all boss fights. Grit is great all around skill, weak point shots with arrows can help. Fast weapons like spears will make it easier, more hits in when you get a chance. Fire or poison dot are good abilities to have.

Besides being at an appropriate level, also having upgraded gear and weapons with runes that compliment them with help a bunch. Good luck! Have fun!

• DeaconRayne
    9 posts

@quor321 that's actually very solid advice. Can you expound upon this? The right build to take these wankers down?

• Shaunty1981
    1 posts

Here's a suggestion for Ubisoft. Its a game about being able to kill QUIETLY so let us STEALTH kill them!

Suggested Topics