Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • partobazyar
    Original poster 8 posts

Why is it we can only kick on the horse and not use or swing our weapons. It was there in origins and odyssey. PLEASE PUT AN UPDATE SO WE CAN SWING OUR WEAPONS ON HORSEBACK.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• td3005
    3 posts

I was wondering this too, I thought maybe it would be unlocked later but it is a regression not being able to use weapons on the horse.

• kniVes-6-
    10 posts

@partobazyar Its what Ubisoft do, give you half a game and then add all those bits you miss over the next 12 months. Look at Breakpoint, it took 14 months to look and feel better. Loyalty and early adopters are always those punished first.

• desdecardo13
    10 posts

@partobazyar You can use your bow. Also, you wouldn't be able to fight reliably on horseback then. You need things that were not brought to the west by then. If you swung a 2-H great sword from atop one of those horses and you would probably kill yourself. Maybe the Saxons would do that but Danes no. They had heads on their shoulders and thought logically. Saxons were the ones who didn't bathe to protect them from evil spirits.

I also wouldn't recommend using the bow to do anything besides hunt on horseback. You can't steady it and does like 1/2 the damage.

• td3005
    3 posts

@desdecardo13

I disagree. I think a man can learn things. The starting village has horses so you are familiar with riding. There is no reason Eivor should not be able to swing an axe or a stab with a spear while riding. It seem really lazy on ubis part. I want to hear from the dev why they left this out,

• larrykop1967
    65 posts

I agree, it use to be handy in Origin's, due to the amount of random attacks you get in the game, getting on and off your horse constantly can get boring especially when you out level the area and they are easy kills.

• Vlerk2020
    22 posts

I had the greatest fight in Origins on the horse - remember fighting that STRONK Phylakitai, that could END you very quick.. then the PATROLS came in and spoil your WIN - it was so much FUN.

I don't understand Valhalla with so many things missing or left out, i really don't.

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics