Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Strayngel
    Original poster 83 posts

Odin's Sight was working fine until the part of the mission "Triumphant Return" where you have to eliminate all enemies in the fort. Then it only showed a small glowing dot on enemies that you had line of sight on. It does not work through walls anymore. I changed graphics settings and restarted several times with no results.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Strayngel
    Original poster 83 posts

Reloaded the game just now and it works again...

• Strayngel
    Original poster 83 posts

And it randomly just stopped working again...

• chaosandcoffee
    94 posts

i've had this exact same bug.. around the same time (quest) too, i haven't played much after as i just got off so i don't know if it will persist. will see tomorrow.

• pararapat
    1 posts

Having the exact same issue, at the exact same quest. PC, for what it's worth. Tried changing graphics settings, Eivor gender, all kinds of whack stuff.

• Nikko345
    11 posts

Me too, in the same mission. I hope Ubisoft fix it in the next patch.

• Jon-Umber
    3 posts

Same here, had it during the same mission! Made things difficult.

This bug pops up semi-regularly for me, not sure what's causing it. So far I've just had to play through it and it goes away after a bit.

Is this intended behavior for Odin's Sight? Seems weird.

• chaosandcoffee
    94 posts

i logged off a quest or so after that one, since i came back today it's been working fine, will post if it happens again

• marius199413
    10 posts

@chaosandcoffee Yeah same ... i only see red dots on enemies during and after that mission .. i made several new missions / world events etc ... nothing works

• chaosandcoffee
    94 posts

@marius199413
    it works fine for me now, it was only bugged for that mission for me afaik

• plochol
    21 posts

Had this yesterday, instead of enemies being entirely red only red circle on their stomach. I ignored it and it fixed itself, but I hope it won't happen again.

• marius199413
    10 posts

@chaosandcoffee For me it remained outside that mission too sadly..

• marius199413
    10 posts

For everyone here, in case you have problems once again - Turning Enemy Proximity from ON to OFF to ON again seems to fix it all, which is strange since I hadn't touched that setting before.

thanks to @Helforsite for his fix! You rock dude 😍

• GregorySzatmari
    7 posts

@marius199413 yeah that didn't work for me.

• cagyflounder447
    2 posts

I playing ACV drakkar edition. From the beginning not working at all odin sight. How i can fix it?

• Strayngel
    Original poster 83 posts

Eight months later... still broken and still not on any known bugs list.
    Just to clarify: The Odin's Sight bug happens all the time now. Can't see enemies through walls and when you can see them directly, there is just a little red glow on their chests.

• Strayngel
    Original poster 83 posts

This is what it looks like: undefinedundefined

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2246 posts

Hello there @Strayngel!

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble when using Odin's Sight. I can see that the development team investigated this issue further, and confirmed that this was working as intended when you are completing missions that involve clearing camps or taking part in sieges (such as "Triumphant Return").

You mention that this happens all the time now. Does this mean it also happens outside of specific quests, such as when exploring the open world?

If so, would you be able to send us a video that shows how Odin's Sight works for you when in a non-quest environment? We can then pass this along to the development team for further investigation.

Thanks 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics