Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Patricia81994
    113 posts
    @patricia81994 I can't help you if a game is good or bad for you simply by the fact if civilians attack you with brooms. Feels kinda picky tbh.

And again no answer to my question what else is new and you also talk about crafting arrows in midfight is unrealistic and should not be in the game and again being a demigod with magical powers is ... i mean what ? The word that i have to describe you right now would probably ban me for life.

Ps and don't bother to reply to this post because i'm done with you.

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

@patricia81994 I bother what I want to bother with. You are talking about another thread with the arrows. Where the original poster said:
    "Eivor is stupid because he can't craft arrows midfight."
    Which implies it's the most normal thing in the world to craft stuff while being in a fight. It's not and it doesn't make Eivor stupid.

• Finalflash07
    19 posts

Same can be said about 'nudity': totally not present, despite the vikings being known as rapists and nymphomaniacs.
    Canada (Montreal) is known for being politically correct and defending feminism to extreme lengths, because they don't want to offend any 'libtards'

• FylkirPanzer
    180 posts

@finalflash07 There is nudity in a scene involving Rollo in one of the story arcs, can't remember which one, but it involved some ealdorman and his wife. There is also a Daughter of Lerion whose chest is exposed to some degree. It's not much, but it doesn't seem like enough to warrant a toggle for it.

• YoungSpoodles
    8 posts

For me it’s more like the miasma skill completely obliterates every civilian it comes into contact with and then spreads like the plague. If you kill a guard in a heavily populated town in Valhalla with poison you’re going to get desynchronized whether you meant to kill them or not. That’s why it should be taken out of the game. It’s not like I’m purposefully killing civs. They just die. Sometimes my raiding crew will accidentally merc some priests and I’ll get sent back to the most recent save because of them. Apparently no one has thought of that..

• FylkirPanzer
    180 posts

@youngspoodles I run into this issue a lot, though with explosive pots, traps, and arrows. Not to mention just the general chaos of fighting in melee. Killing civilians should really be a toggle option, like nudity and dismemberment; so if people want to play old school Assassin's they can.

• isidamn
    7 posts

@fylkirpanzer agree.
    and the lame horse speed restriction as well 😕

• FylkirPanzer
    180 posts

@isidamn The horse speed isn't that much of an issue for me, but I will complain endlessly about the walking speed while using the cloak. Why is Eivor suddenly moving like a sloth?

• kephalonix
    8 posts

@dbgager

@mitsunari3 Eivor is not a homicidal maniac.

lol!
    my Eivor has killed over 3000 people!

• DaelosTheCat
    167 posts

I was kind of disappointed when I entered a church during a raid, shot an explosive arrow at a guard, accidentally hit too many civilians and got de-synced. I mean, whut? It's a raid. Things happen. People die. That's the point. Valhalla's ad campaign said #Likeaviking. But the game is nothing like vikings. It's more like #LikeaModernDudeCosplayingAsVikingInaParodyOfMiddleAges.

• Blackwolfe5
    2 posts

I don't mind getting desynced when you kill Civilians..

HOWEVER, it is WAY too sensitive. Especially if you use something like the weapon runes that can put down poison clouds on heavy finishers and suddenly 10 scared civilians decide to run through it..

If Civilians weren't stupid AF basically running between me and an enemy..

There was a quest in Lincolnshire I failed FOUR times because of desync, because there was a battle inside a building and there were also civilians around, some of them running around in the thick of battle getting hit by accident..

That was never really an issue in Oddysey. In Oddysey the civilian AI was not this bloody stupid.. and you didn't get desynced if they died by proxy (an enemy being poisoned and dropping a cloud on death)...

• Frosthound030
    124 posts

@blackwolfe5 dude the body traps are the worst, sometimes kills 3 civilians in one trap when the go investigate it, ugh sucks doing full stealth for an hour just to get desynced by a civi inspecting a trap

• mitsunari3
    Original poster 73 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Bob__Gnarly
    49 posts

What does Ubi think happened to civilians during viking raids... Just another aspect of the game done wrong.

• mitsunari3
    Original poster 73 posts

@bob__gnarly Ubisoft Montreal is incapable to program Artificial Intelligence reaction after unimportant npc get killed,
    using de-sync to hide it;
    while few ac purists still living in 2007 would defend Ubisoft Montreal.

• Ehllfhire1
    86 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • A-CDN-MTN-BEAR
    14 posts

They have these civilians programmed to do nothing but whine, cry, run, panic, floogah (or whatever that one lady's voice keeps repeating), trip over each other, and just overall nonsensical shenanigans when you're calmly walking around the village(s). If they're continuously being allowed to upset the balance of a calm village, then we should be able to set the balance straight by sorting them all out via sword, axe, bow, etc., without consequence. That'll improve the balance.

I thought that the worst game for civilians overexaggerating your presence was "Ghost Recon: Breakpoint". Well, I was wrong, as this games civilians are far worse for their sniveling. For me, it's one of the most annoying features of the game. 👎

• mitsunari3
    Original poster 73 posts
    They have these civilians programmed to do nothing but whine, cry, run, panic, floogah (or whatever that one lady's voice keeps repeating), trip over each other, and just overall nonsensical shenanigans when you're calmly walking around the village(s). If they're continuously being allowed to upset the balance of a calm village, then we should be able to set the balance straight by sorting them all out via sword, axe, bow, etc., without consequence. That'll improve the balance.

I thought that the worst game for civilians overexaggerating your presence was "Ghost Recon: Breakpoint". Well, I was wrong, as this games civilians are far worse for their sniveling. For me, it's one of the most annoying features of the game. 👎

totally agree,
    even games-made-in-2000s got much better Artificial Intelligence than ac-valhalla 😕

• mitsunari3
    Original poster 73 posts

screw Montreal's parenting & lazy-programming nonsense,
    i'd rather pay & play Quebec's Gods & Monsters instead.

• forcefrank
    91 posts

@daelosthecat Pretty much spot on and your reply made me laugh, nice one. I mean, I'm not a Viking, I don't know any Vikings, as far as I know there were no Vikings in our family tree, but I did watch all the seasons of Vikings on HBO!!!! There was no looking around to ensure innocent people wouldn't get slaughtered as you're smashing heads and throwing oil/fire all over the place. Come on UBI, you're better than this. If for no other part of the game, raids should be no holds barred where anybody, any living thing, can be killed with no penalty.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics