Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 56 Likes/295 Replies/4020 Views
    Kormac67
    673 posts

@mitsunari3 No. I hated killing broom-wielding women in Odyssey.
    If you want to fight, fight someone who is armed.

• mitsunari3
    Original poster 73 posts

@kormac67
    no one forces you to kill them.
    armed or not, its a game, its not real lol.
    play your game in your way, but no need to tell others how they should play.

• mitsunari3
    Original poster 73 posts
    It was awesome in Odyssey. Loved that I didn't get de-synched when my massively buffed overpower arrows took out civilians galore along with the enemy. Also civilians would actually grab an oar or get a weapon from a rack and go after you. That was a BLAST when taking out leaders or mercenaries using "weapon dmg applies to nearby enemies" and you could take out 6 angry civilians at once. Games are supposed to be FUN and that was super fun!!!! So far I'm not super impressed with Valhalla.

exactly, Odyssey was so much fun 🙂

Ubisoft Quebec make better games than Ubisoft Montreal

• mitsunari3
    Original poster 73 posts
    To be honest. . .
    I give the assassin's creed game's that was made before origin's a pass in regard's to restricting you to kill NPC's however since Origins, Odyssey, and Valhalla is a Choice-based game. . .
    I think it's kinda defeating the purpose of making your own decision's throughout the game if you don't have the choice to whether or not kill an NPC or not to kill an NPC. . .

For example: Throughout the story. . .

You're going to come across moment's in the game where they give you the choice of something like:
    ⚔ KILL!

☮ Spare. . .

But the game strictly doesn't give you the opportunity to kill Npc's By choice which seem's backwards. . .

Also. . . remember in game's like Ac3 where you couldn't kill domestic animals too?
    Why is it that you can't in AC3 but you can in Origins, Odyssey, and Valhalla if killing Npc's also takes a big play in the game. . .
    Don't say for crafting purposes because they also restricted the ability to kill domestic animals in black flag too and you had to hunt animals for crafting holsters, armor, etc and in ac3 you we're able to hunt good's to sell. . .

@bluetzyy

exactly!
    well said 🙂

• evilhippo
    79 posts

@dbgager Tell me, in your games have you ever killed people in a fortress just to steal their treasure? Yes, of course you have. How about burning a few villages because they backed the wrong side? What do you think happens to the villagers after you have destroyed their homes and grain stores? Well quite a few will starve to death next winter. All that is a perfectly correct representation of dark ages warfare and Viking (& indeed Anglo-Saxon, Briton & Pictish) conduct. Face it, Eivor is indeed a homicidal maniac 😁

If a few civilians get caught up in a melee, truth is no dark ages warriors is really going to care all that much. Why Ubisoft thinks it is ok to show a Viking raid to pillage a monastery whilst acting as if all the monks in residence lived happily ever after is baffling.

"The Vikings burned and demolished, killed abbot and monks and all that they found there, brought it about so that what was earlier very rich was as it were nothing." - Simeon of Durham

• ORSF_MTZIGG
    6 posts

@mitsunari3 VLM 4EVER

• ImaginaryRuins
    418 posts

@mitsunari3 It is not that "Viking can't kill civilians", but "followers of the Assassins can't kill innocent civilians".

Have you played the first AC game? Assassins, or Hidden Ones as they called themselves beforehand, have 3 creeds:

1. Stay your blade from the flesh of an innocent
    2. Hide in plain sight
    3. Never compromise the brotherhood.

As a result, Eivor, who supports the assassins, cannot hurt innocent people, which explains why the warning is present. Kassandra from AC Odyssey on the other hand is not bound by these creeds so she can do whatever she wants.

In fact, if you play ACII, Brotherhood, Revelations, III and other titles, the same warning also appears.

• mitsunari3
    Original poster 73 posts

@imaginaryruins
    lol those rules are handy, save Ubisoft Montreal from promgramming proper AI.
    "viking" raid but no slay lmao, what logic is that.
    all the choices are pointless if you can't even choose whom to slay.

if you read the posts above, many people have already said this restriction doesn't fit well in a viking game.

u can learn more about viking from frosthound030's post:

As someone from a Norse back ground who has Viking blood in my line and knows what my heritage is about i can say this.

Anyone saying Eivor wouldn’t kill civilians in a raid has zero understanding of Vikings, saying he’s an assassin doesn’t work either, Eivor doesn’t even know what the hidden ones are most of the game, Eivor would not be in any raiding party at all as well if he was caught playing peacemaker during a raid, in a real Viking raid more civilians are killed then actual warriors, it’s common knowledge if you put even a slight effort into researching what Vikings were like. (They wernt these psychos that killed everything on sight but they killed ALOT, especially in a raid)

to the ones screaming “REEEEEEE THIS ISNT A MURDER MASSACRE GO PLAY SOMERHING ELSE”

We are Viking and to anyone who actually has two brain cells will realize that us being Viking is enough to kill civilians of a different culture during a raid, the priest wouldn’t be walking out alive usually.

desyncing is idiotic during a raid at any point for a civilian killed, especially when the civilians won’t move away from enemy npcs and become collateral damage

i dont go looking to kill civilians during the raid myself but with how much they actually get in the way, they need to be killable with no desync because I’ve had 4 raids ruined from random civilians running into a fight, and get themselves killed

honestly tho Evior would be stuck back at home cleaning sheep crap if he did what he did in this game as a Viking.

lets just call these Ubisoftvikings, because honestly this are not how real Vikings act at all

Ubisoft has showed it’s moving away from the typical assassin resctrictions which is what alot of people want them to do, so hopefully Valhalla shows Ubisoft why the desyncing needs to work like in odyssey with the merc system or just remove it completely, or don’t bother making a game with warriors like Vikings if your gonna put personal restrictions on them🙄🙄🙄

• mitsunari3
    Original poster 73 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • mitsunari3
    Original poster 73 posts

VLM 4EVER

@orsf_mtzigg

what is VLM?

• mitsunari3
    Original poster 73 posts
    Tell me, in your games have you ever killed people in a fortress just to steal their treasure? Yes, of course you have. How about burning a few villages because they backed the wrong side? What do you think happens to the villagers after you have destroyed their homes and grain stores? Well quite a few will starve to death next winter. All that is a perfectly correct representation of dark ages warfare and Viking (& indeed Anglo-Saxon, Briton & Pictish) conduct. Face it, Eivor is indeed a homicidal maniac 😁

If a few civilians get caught up in a melee, truth is no dark ages warriors is really going to care all that much. Why Ubisoft thinks it is ok to show a Viking raid to pillage a monastery whilst acting as if all the monks in residence lived happily ever after is baffling.

"The Vikings burned and demolished, killed abbot and monks and all that they found there, brought it about so that what was earlier very rich was as it were nothing." - Simeon of Durham

👍👍👍

• Alec_Fortescue
    16 posts

I certainly feel that immersion takes a hit, if that's your thing, in this case. But given the sensitivity issues it is understandable. I think it should be punishable through a gameplay mechanic, that ultimately ends up in your village getting obliterated by [censored] off Christians and game over. Desync isn't cool and it really doesn't let such horrible tendencies and actions carry any weight.

I didn't actively go after monks but some ended up a collateral in tight corridors. While it's not my thing and I don't have Christian-murdering fantasies the desync message warning wasn't cool to see. It literally happened in the heat of battle and it suddenly told me that I am about to get punished for collateral in non-combatants in a crowded raid...

• evilhippo
    79 posts

@alec_fortescue But this game is a "Viking simulator"... no factional leaders in the 9th Century would lose much sleep over collateral damage, least of all the Vikings. And yes, based on what happened historically the Anglo-Saxons pushed back hard, so Ravensthope is not actually going to last very long as it is not deep within what came to be call the Danelaw.

• evilhippo
    79 posts

"As a result, Eivor, who supports the assassins, cannot hurt innocent people"

But Eivor isn't a member of the assassins & only 'supports' them to the point he shares an enemy with them. Given how the game ends, he REALLY isn't likely to have a very high opinion of the assassins.

• Sciophyte.
    7 posts

It's a little annoying, but you can off the occasional monk and such here and there, as long as you don't overindulge... and frankly, systematically slaughtering all the civilians—who don't even fight back—would get old real fast, at least for me.

• Ingel_Riday
    10 posts

@dbgager Yeah... my Eivor has averaged 1.62 kills per minute and has slaughtered 3,879 beasts & men in the past 100 hours... and I have not gone out of my way to kill things. That's just his normal pace.

Also, I kind of wonder what you consider "homicidal maniac" at this point. I guess raiding an innocent village, burning every thatched hut and building to the ground, killing every local militia member in sight (you know, the brothers / sons / fathers / husbands of the community that vowed to protect their families & people), slaughtering the local leader, and looting everything of value that isn't nailed down doesn't count as homicidal or maniacal so long as you don't stab anyone that isn't actively wielding a weapon? *shrug* Lowest bar I've ever seen, morality-wise. 😛

If ever there was an Assassin's Creed game in which the "desync for killing civilians" option made no sense, it would be this one... in which you belong to a faction that is literally conquering and colonizing a foreign realm while tormenting & pillaging every single indigenous settlement you can find. Haha.

• mitsunari3
    Original poster 73 posts
    I certainly feel that immersion takes a hit, if that's your thing, in this case. But given the sensitivity issues it is understandable. I think it should be punishable through a gameplay mechanic, that ultimately ends up in your village getting obliterated by [censored] off Christians and game over. Desync isn't cool and it really doesn't let such horrible tendencies and actions carry any weight.

I didn't actively go after monks but some ended up a collateral in tight corridors. While it's not my thing and I don't have Christian-murdering fantasies the desync message warning wasn't cool to see. It literally happened in the heat of battle and it suddenly told me that I am about to get punished for collateral in non-combatants in a crowded raid...

exactly.

hell even a first year computing student can program desync.

• DreadGrrl
    165 posts

@imaginaryruins
    The Assassins killed thousands of innocent people in Portugal, and they should have known it would happen (they killed thousands of innocents in Haiti in the same way).

The Assassins kill innocents. A LOT of them. They’re just as arrogant (and wrong) as the Templars are.

• JobuuRumdrinker
    17 posts

I agree on this post. Why should the game just come to stop when I kill a few civilians? I hate it when I set a trap on a dead body and a few stupid NPCs walk over and get blown up. It also happens when you're doing quests like blowing up silos. Stupid civilians get too close to the explosion. It's not my fault they can't avoid fire.

• mitsunari3
    Original poster 73 posts
    It's a little annoying, but you can off the occasional monk and such here and there, as long as you don't overindulge... and frankly, systematically slaughtering all the civilians—who don't even fight back—would get old real fast, at least for me.

@sciophyte
    shouldn't be that way,
    we're customers, not school kids, why do we have to act like cheeky kids do naughty stuff quickly while their parents/ teachers turn their back for 2 secs.

i have been playing open world games since 2001, indeed it will soon get old, but i find it insulting to be "parented".
    if ubi montreal wants my money, respect us as an adult customers first.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics