• 56 Likes/295 Replies/4114 Views
    mitsunari3
    Original poster 73 posts

@dbgager
    in Origins, turn on the Animus Control Panel thing

what a fake information to say "we can't kill npc civ in Odyssey" lmao

• dbgager
    158 posts

@mitsunari3 I have not urge to do that. Its not an important feature in any way to me.

• mitsunari3
    Original poster 73 posts

@dbgager
    i don't care if its important feature to you or not.
    just pointing out what you said are wrong.

• dbgager
    158 posts

@mitsunari3 SO they decided in 1 AC game you could do that. I guess they decided that was a bad decision. They changed much from what Odyssey was actually. Almost everything. There are no similarities.

• mitsunari3
    Original poster 73 posts

@dbgager
    you don't speak for ubi lol.
    your so-called "good decision" (more restriction) is what make AC weaker than other REAL open world games.

pointless to reply you,
    you should go play more variety of games first, you'll become wiser after that.

• DoctorDoom11235
    7 posts

@mitsunari3

So, it's very difficult to take complaints about creative freedom or the fact the "while GTA does it, it doesn't focus on melee," when the crux of your argument is "I want to slaughter defenseless, fleeing civilians." Just what, precisely, is "melee focused" when the civilians don't fight back? What artistic value are you creating?

I get it, you want to murder civilians. Why? Couldn't tell you, but AC may not be the series for you. Eivor's journey is set, you're playing a life that's already happened. Ultimately, there are heroes and villains in the story; the story doesn't work if the "good guy" goes around committing mass atrocities. There is no "morality stat." Vikings did slaughter people (as did, for the record, just about everyone else in the 9th century), but I doubt Ubisoft set out to make a game where the hero is a war criminal.

• mitsunari3
    Original poster 73 posts

@doctordoom11235 not just gta, even games which protagonist is police, such as Sleeping Dogs, even Lego Undercovers, you can mess with npc civilians.
    this is what REAL open world is, you can do whatever you want without being "parented".
    if i only have 10 minutes free time, i can't start a mission, why can't i mess around the physics of the game world?
    because ubisoft "parent" you!
    even in Odyssey & Origins (ACP on) i don't slaughter all the time, but sometimes i walk into town and just have some moving target. (bow & arrow)
    if ACV really want us to be heroic, at least make it into a morality stat, (like "respect" in gta sa), where certain missions require high morality, to discourage slaughtering.

its just a game for god's sake, killing fictional people is just a filler, isn't gonna make you really villainous, its just like hunting in real world, aiming at moving figures during free time, but in-game you don't hurt or kill a life, which is way better.

• qapnugget
    61 posts

I noticed you can't kill childen civilians NPCs in this game!

OK that's disturbing thought...

• DoctorDoom11235
    7 posts

"if ACV really want us to be heroic, at least make it into a morality stat, (like "respect" in gta sa), where certain missions require high morality, to discourage slaughtering."

How is that different? De-syncing doesn't actually cost you anything but the reload time. If anything, denying a player content because they chose to play a certain way is, in my opinion, actually a bigger infringement on my freedom. Ubisoft isn't trying to be GTA, and they aren't trying to be morally neutral. They are telling you "our hero doesn't murder civilian children because he is bored," even if that's what you do in your free time.

• mitsunari3
    Original poster 73 posts

ok i can agree on that one point, just make children unlimited hp or unattackable as in Odyssey. i agree with that approach.

• mitsunari3
    Original poster 73 posts

@doctordoom11235
    so i can spend 5 minutes just targeting & messing around instead of being stopped?
    being discouraged feels better than being "parented"
    i can reload the save.
    doing shait with consequence is better than "ubisoft don't let you do this".

or they can sell morality stats dlc lol

• DoctorDoom11235
    7 posts

@mitsunari3
    The whole point is they don't have a morality stat because your character has a morality built in. You may not like that. You may derive hours of joy decapitating shrieking women and groveling farmers. I don't think that makes you a bad person or anything - but that is not the story Ubisoft is trying to tell.

• mitsunari3
    Original poster 73 posts

@doctordoom11235 nah, wouldn't last hours.
    but the game engine is there, the theme is viking, the game rating is already 18+,
    sorry i just feel insulted to buy a game as an adult but restricted by devs who treat us as kids.

• mitsunari3
    Original poster 73 posts

@doctordoom11235
    you said "that is not the story Ubisoft is trying to tell"
    ubisoft says "write your viking saga"......

every other open world games' missions are the the story they are telling,
    not what we do outside missions,
    other devs don't parent us and give us freedom.

• mitsunari3
    Original poster 73 posts

if they only want the game as a story but no nonsense, then just transport us from mission to mission,
    making it an open world with restrictions left desire yet insulting.
    as if we adults need ubi to teach us morality?

• Chevy_man2010
    83 posts

Ok I get the point. Im all for open world & I hate them playing parent on games. I was in a fight civilian got too close & died/they dont kill civilian it will desync (well then they die its collateral damage no reason to desync).
    I wouldn't wipe out a village but if they get in the way they deserve to die sorry not sorry.

• dbgager
    158 posts

@mitsunari3 You dont get it do you. This is not a free open world game. Its Ubisofts story. Your just a passenger along to play it out. Thats what the Animus is , Looking back at how someone lived there life. Your just there to experience it.

• dbgager
    158 posts

@mitsunari3 SO in your mind all adults want to slaughter women and children. I think its the opposite to tell you the truth. I don't see how your reasoning is your being treated like a child. Its a complete non issue for most people.

• Frosthound030
    124 posts

Here’s an good example of the bad parts about “don’t kill civilians” stuff in Valhalla.

Doing a raid at monastery on hard, i force open the door knowing there’s about 4 guards on the other side, they rush to attack i attack as well and the fleeing civilians aim for the only door way where we are fighting, getting themselves killed in the crossfire, couldn’t really stop fighting as i had a sliver of health left as well, and I’m desynced in the middle of my best raid ever for to many civilians killed who seemed to liturally throw them selves into the fight.....

let us kill civilians during raids atleast so this kinda crap doesn’t happen, if we’re not raiding then ya desync us for murder

• Sam_Boo26
    160 posts

You can't kill civilian in most of AC games. You're relieving someone's memories through the animus, and if that people didn't kill civilians and innocent people, then you can't. There's a story to follow, and anyway, I don't see the purpose of killing civilians; they are actual enemies for this.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics