Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 56 Likes/295 Replies/4418 Views
    Chevy_man2010
    83 posts

If anyone wants to put this out there you have my permission:

This is my honest opinion of Things as a Veteran gamer..

Im not sure who in this thread will agree with me. But after being a gamer for years & mostly a RPG gamer. I've played Final Fantasy games, Legend of Dragoon, Chrono Cross, & others.

Which some may not even know 2 of those games but in my opinion my 2 favorite games are:

Witcher 3 Wild Hunt & AC Odyssey because:

1. Looting system made sense & gave you unique loot & useful loot.

2. You could break down or sell armour & weapons you didn't want or need.

3. You had legendary armour & weapons you could upgrade

4. Map & tagging system on map was on point.

5. Witcher vision/eagle vision was amazing

6. Battle/gameplay mechanics were amazing.

7. There was plenty to do & any quest you accepted was automatically tracked on your map.

8. In Witcher & Odyssey you could choose where to go but it was based on leveling system. (Which Odyssey had scaling leveling system as you leveled up so did the world around you).

9. In AC Odyssey the Eagle was alot more useful in tagging enemies/the bells to call enemies or babies & for find latter's or targets.

10. Both in Witcher & Odyssey parrying was on point it was the crap they put in Valhalla. (Parrying barely exist in Valhalla).

11. Button configuration for playstation gameplay mechanics between AC Origins, Black flag, Odyssey, & Witcher 3 Wild Hunt were basically similar which they drastically changed in Valhalla which makes no sense.

Example:

square & Triangle have always been attack buttons & circle is dodge.

L2: Aim / R2: Shoot - Cross bow or bow & arrow

L1: special Archery Abilities

R1: special melee Abilities

Touch pad: map/menu

Directional pad:

Up: eagle vision/Witcher vision

Down: whistle/call horse

12. In both Odyssey & Witcher if you upgraded your armour & met the requirements for the fight or went above requirements it made the fight easier but not in Valhalla.

(In Valhalla you can be a Level 220 & get beaten by a level 90 Knight who takes a 1/4 of your health in one hit). That is horrible game design.

I've literally quit playing this game right now. I literally switched to Spiderman Miles Morales which Surprise no glitches, no bugs, no problems & it came out 2 days after this release date & even the graphics seem better in my opinion.

Im actually relaxing & enjoying this game instead of staying irritated.

• Patricia81994
    113 posts
    @mitsunari3 Eivor is not a homicidal maniac.

And what if i wanted to play as a homicidal maniac it should still be aloud to play that way it's my story not yours. And it's still just a game and if i would play like a homicidal maniac it's not that i will go outside after my raid and kill everyone i see lol. ☺

Eivor is a Viking and you are at war so there are most probably no friendly civilians anyway because we are raiding their country. 😏

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

@patricia81994 It is not your story. It is Eivors...

• paviu7
    19 posts

@chevy_man2010 it's not horrible design. It's different design. Not your taste and that is fine. But don't call it horrible design because it is present in other games. Your main character is powerful enough to overpower enemies but not to be totally overpowered. Also, did you consider maybe the problem is with you and not enemies? I'm on 153 power level and fight enemies with 160 with ease on 3rd difficulty. I don't find the game challenging that much unless I'm against Zealots or witches. From what I can see you only ask for god mode with no damage for your health bar.

• Chevy_man2010
    83 posts

@paviu7

No not at all. Not asking for God Mode. But if I out rank someone over 100 levels I shouldn't lose a 1/4 of my health with 1 hit. Also I should be able to do more damage than I was doing.
    Witcher gameplay as old as it is was better. Odyssey game play is better. Even Spiderman Miles Morales gameplay is better than this game & thats saying alot.

I need to clarify. I like a challenge but whats the point in me spending 8 hours leveling up above these characters or surpassing them by 50 to 100 levels if its almost impossible to beat them.
    Some of you may enjoy it.
    If I could actually dodge or parry it wouldn't bother me. But parrying is a joke & they added a stamina bar that runs out so you cant dodge which is stupid.

• TheCosmicBob
    73 posts

@chevy_man2010 I'm trying to decide if I want to quit or not, about 20 hours in. I am uninterested in the quests. The side quests are dumb (but some are funny). I may go back and start a new game of Origins, because I totes love Egyptian stuff.

Or back to finish up Dragon Age Inquisistion.

I am going to give Valhalla until Saturday to get me more interested. We shall see.

• DuskDragon56496
    382 posts

Some of you people really make me laugh, you think because you live in the year 2020 merciless violence can only be found in the history books.You ought to go down to Mexico where the cartels are or maybe the middle east,then the rest of us can take bets on how long your head stays on your shoulders. Viking raids were just that they were raids, they [censored]. murdered and pillaged civilians or soldiers it didn't make a difference who you were.I doubt very much a man who hacked soldiers to death would then stroll down the road to ask an old lady to borrow her cats! We have principles and values today that didn't exists in the times of world conquests, although back then having honor meant much more than it does today.But it was honor to your people and whoever your gods were,the rest of the world be dammed.
    The problem with Ubisoft is they continue to make games trying to apply those principles to times they didn't exists, so their storys come out laughable and completely unbelieveable.Make your own viking saga?,,,not hardly! We live in a world today where political correctness is a must and we hide those bloody days in the closet and make sure everything is sugar coated.Maybe Ubisoft would love to make a game true to the time period in all aspects but the tender hearts would never let them do it.Apparently in todays world it's better to bury your head in the sand and through weepy eyes say violent storys shouldn't be told.You can't blame Ubisoft or any company for that matter for not making a game that a measure people would find distasteful because it's too violent and too realistic.It's like that saying "everyone wants to go to heaven but no one wants to die"but in this case, tell me a true story but just leave out the true parts...they may be too violent!!!

• Patricia81994
    113 posts
    @patricia81994 It is not your story. It is Eivors...

Really ... i thought it was my story. 😝

• isidamn
    7 posts

@souldrinkerlp OP already pointed out AC Valhalla is promoted as "write your Viking saga"...
    and all these customization even choosing gender for eivor, is it still eivor's story?

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

@ishidamn Yes, female Eivor is canon. Male Eivor is just a simulation thing of the Animus. The Animus is the reason it is not your story too.

As it seems you are new to the franchise, have this basically first scene of AC1:

The newer versions are just able to repair broken memory fragments. We don't play an ancestor any longer but with the DNA of the actual dead body or parts of DNA found on weapons which decayed over time. So the newer version now is able to simulatre broken part of the DNA. That a sample of 2500 year old DNA (Odyssey) has more damage than a sample from roughly 1000 years ago is at least somewhat logical too.

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

@chevy_man2010 Ever tried landing normal attacks instead of heavy ones? 🙂

Hitting normal Attacks will give you stamina. Missing Heavy Attacks will make you lose a lot of stamina. This is explained (in a box) like in the first combat you have.

• isidamn
    7 posts

@souldrinkerlp
    if you can change gender,
    you already hugely change Eivor's story (romance relationship, marriage etc).
    isn't it true that you can choose romance relationship on behalf of Eivor?
    so its not really Eivor's story.

but you cannot kill unimportant npc,
    your argument point seems a bit weak.

• isidamn
    7 posts

@patricia81994 Ubisoft Montreal: let's emphasise all our protagonists as civilians-friendly, to hide our incapability of programming AI reaction after killing npc.
    Ubisoft Quebec: i am more capable than you are.

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

@ishidamn The romance options are exactly the same. The version YOU see is male Eivor. In reality it was female Eivor. Of course the Animus could simulate slaughtering civilians. But why should Layla add this to the Animus?

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

@ishidamn
    So you think civilians attacking a fully armored guy with brooms is realistic? If you say so 🙂

• Patricia81994
    113 posts
    @ishidamn
    So you think civilians attacking a fully armored guy with brooms is realistic? If you say so 🙂

Well if all those civilians would unite and arm themselves with pitchforks and stuff ( we are at least invading their country ) i'm not so sure you would survive ... just being one fully armored man. And i can at least say that the Odyssey npc's have more courage then the npc's in Valhalla. 😏

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

@patricia81994 One fully armored demigod I might add. With magical super powers.

• Patricia81994
    113 posts
    @patricia81994 One fully armored demigod I might add. With magical super powers.

And how (un)realistic! is that ? 😂

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

@patricia81994 I didn't like Odyssey. For me it is not canon anyway. It was a fever dream of Layla.

• Patricia81994
    113 posts
    @patricia81994 I didn't like Odyssey. For me it is not canon anyway. It was a fever dream of Layla.

You did not answer my question how (un)realistic is it to be a demigod with magical super powers ?

Because if you were just a normal fully armored Viking ( without the powers ) you would run like hell if a bunch ( 50+ ) of civilians armored with broomsticks pitchforks and stuff would come at you. 😁

And the other Vikings would say something like where did souldrinker go ... oh i saw him running away with his tail between his legs when the angry civilians came at him. 😂

Suggested Topics