Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 56 Likes/295 Replies/4414 Views
    Ehllfhire1
    86 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • A-CDN-MTN-BEAR
    14 posts

They have these civilians programmed to do nothing but whine, cry, run, panic, floogah (or whatever that one lady's voice keeps repeating), trip over each other, and just overall nonsensical shenanigans when you're calmly walking around the village(s). If they're continuously being allowed to upset the balance of a calm village, then we should be able to set the balance straight by sorting them all out via sword, axe, bow, etc., without consequence. That'll improve the balance.

I thought that the worst game for civilians overexaggerating your presence was "Ghost Recon: Breakpoint". Well, I was wrong, as this games civilians are far worse for their sniveling. For me, it's one of the most annoying features of the game. 👎

• mitsunari3
    Original poster 73 posts
    They have these civilians programmed to do nothing but whine, cry, run, panic, floogah (or whatever that one lady's voice keeps repeating), trip over each other, and just overall nonsensical shenanigans when you're calmly walking around the village(s). If they're continuously being allowed to upset the balance of a calm village, then we should be able to set the balance straight by sorting them all out via sword, axe, bow, etc., without consequence. That'll improve the balance.

I thought that the worst game for civilians overexaggerating your presence was "Ghost Recon: Breakpoint". Well, I was wrong, as this games civilians are far worse for their sniveling. For me, it's one of the most annoying features of the game. 👎

totally agree,
    even games-made-in-2000s got much better Artificial Intelligence than ac-valhalla 😕

• mitsunari3
    Original poster 73 posts

screw Montreal's parenting & lazy-programming nonsense,
    i'd rather pay & play Quebec's Gods & Monsters instead.

• forcefrank
    91 posts

@daelosthecat Pretty much spot on and your reply made me laugh, nice one. I mean, I'm not a Viking, I don't know any Vikings, as far as I know there were no Vikings in our family tree, but I did watch all the seasons of Vikings on HBO!!!! There was no looking around to ensure innocent people wouldn't get slaughtered as you're smashing heads and throwing oil/fire all over the place. Come on UBI, you're better than this. If for no other part of the game, raids should be no holds barred where anybody, any living thing, can be killed with no penalty.

• DrkLrdLegion
    1 posts

Ubisoft is a Canadian Video Gaming Company, which I do believe that Canadian Laws are much different then US laws when it comes to gaming. Having Vikings killing the civilians can actual mess up the whole idea of what AC series is all about. Mixture of events from world history, science, and even mythology. This whole point of disconnection due to killing a NPC civilian is about the ideal of science research of ancient technology. If you have follow the whole entire AC game series, it has always been about Assassin vs the Order or otherwords... Free Will vs. Control Will. You have to understand that Ubisoft has their free will to establish their games in the way they want to tell their stories of creating a video game. This whole part of "Creating your Viking Story" is basically about... you have your way of reaching the end-game of the video but within the set rules being created by Ubisoft. If you want to kill the NPCs, then you will keep on getting disconnected or warning not to kill a civilian. Yes it is correct, our modern style of living does play apart in how video games are being created.

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

@drklrdlegion

Just pointing that out:
    Ubisoft is an european, to be precisely french, game publisher.

Ubisoft Montreal is a development studio which belongs to Ubisoft and is in Canda (of course).

• mitsunari3
    Original poster 73 posts

@drklrdlegion NOT having Vikings killing civilians make them NOT Vikings.
    did you play AC Odyssey? its made by Ubisoft Quebec (canada) and it got good AI programming after you kill some civilians,
    civilians would turn against you, bounty hunter system.

Montreal is just lazy and incapable to not properly programming some Open World basic stuff.
    may i remind you that its supposed to be an 18+ game?

our modern style of living does play apart in how video games are being created.

"modern"? that sounds so 1990s.
    blood, gore & killing npc in games are normal since 2000s

you can learn some information about Viking from frosthound030's comment above

As someone from a Norse back ground who has Viking blood in my line and knows what my heritage is about i can say this.

Anyone saying Eivor wouldn’t kill civilians in a raid has zero understanding of Vikings, saying he’s an assassin doesn’t work either, Eivor doesn’t even know what the hidden ones are most of the game, Eivor would not be in any raiding party at all as well if he was caught playing peacemaker during a raid, in a real Viking raid more civilians are killed then actual warriors, it’s common knowledge if you put even a slight effort into researching what Vikings were like. (They wernt these psychos that killed everything on sight but they killed ALOT, especially in a raid)

to the ones screaming “REEEEEEE THIS ISNT A MURDER MASSACRE GO PLAY SOMERHING ELSE”

We are Viking and to anyone who actually has two brain cells will realize that us being Viking is enough to kill civilians of a different culture during a raid, the priest wouldn’t be walking out alive usually.

desyncing is idiotic during a raid at any point for a civilian killed, especially when the civilians won’t move away from enemy npcs and become collateral damage

i dont go looking to kill civilians during the raid myself but with how much they actually get in the way, they need to be killable with no desync because I’ve had 4 raids ruined from random civilians running into a fight, and get themselves killed

honestly tho Evior would be stuck back at home cleaning sheep crap if he did what he did in this game as a Viking.

lets just call these Ubisoftvikings, because honestly this are not how real Vikings act at all

Ubisoft has showed it’s moving away from the typical assassin resctrictions which is what alot of people want them to do, so hopefully Valhalla shows Ubisoft why the desyncing needs to work like in odyssey with the merc system or just remove it completely, or don’t bother making a game with warriors like Vikings if your gonna put personal restrictions on them🙄🙄🙄

• mitsunari3
    Original poster 73 posts
    I'm not a Viking, I don't know any Vikings, as far as I know there were no Vikings in our family tree, but I did watch all the seasons of Vikings on HBO!!!! There was no looking around to ensure innocent people wouldn't get slaughtered as you're smashing heads and throwing oil/fire all over the place. Come on UBI, you're better than this. If for no other part of the game, raids should be no holds barred where anybody, any living thing, can be killed with no penalty.

@forcefrank even when HBO tries to portray Ragnar Lothbrok & Lagertha as the nicer vikings & protagonists, their clan still kill civilians & unarmed men.
    removing those scenes would just make it not-viking.

i wouldn't call that pathetic de-sync as "penalty", its just lack of proper programming; Quebec did a much better job in Odyssey.
    proper penalty would be things like civilians turn against you, or make a notoriety stats.

• FylkirPanzer
    180 posts

I think it would have been far better for the Zealot system to work in tandem with the killing of innocents and raids, i.e. consequences for your actions. So if you raid and kill in a certain location, that Zealot or Zealots would get word of your actions and chase you down. It'd be similar to the Merc system, but there'd be no indicator that you're being hunted, they would show up when you least expect it and you'd have to fight for the spilling of innocent Saxon blood. They could even extend this past the Zealot system after you killed them all, and incorporate high level enemy patrols/hunting parties for the sole purpose of killing you, including various enemy types to keep you on your toes tactically speaking.

• DaelosTheCat
    167 posts

@fylkirpanzer

Yup! Good idea.

Shame the developers are unlikely to implement any changes to this mechanic at this point.

• tdalek
    1 posts

@dbgager It was awesome in Odyssey. Loved that I didn't get de-synched when my massively buffed overpower arrows took out civilians galore along with the enemy. Also civilians would actually grab an oar or get a weapon from a rack and go after you. That was a BLAST when taking out leaders or mercenaries using "weapon dmg applies to nearby enemies" and you could take out 6 angry civilians at once. Games are supposed to be FUN and that was super fun!!!! So far I'm not super impressed with Valhalla.

• Bluetzyy
    10 posts

To be honest. . .
    I give the assassin's creed game's that was made before origin's a pass in regard's to restricting you to kill NPC's however since Origins, Odyssey, and Valhalla is a Choice-based game. . .
    I think it's kinda defeating the purpose of making your own decision's throughout the game if you don't have the choice to whether or not kill an NPC or not to kill an NPC. . .

For example: Throughout the story. . .

You're going to come across moment's in the game where they give you the choice of something like:
    ⚔ KILL!

☮ Spare. . .

But the game strictly doesn't give you the opportunity to kill Npc's By choice which seem's backwards. . .

Also. . . remember in game's like Ac3 where you couldn't kill domestic animals too?
    Why is it that you can't in AC3 but you can in Origins, Odyssey, and Valhalla if killing Npc's also takes a big play in the game. . .
    Don't say for crafting purposes because they also restricted the ability to kill domestic animals in black flag too and you had to hunt animals for crafting holsters, armor, etc and in ac3 you we're able to hunt good's to sell. . .

• RayMcGirk100
    19 posts

@dbgager A terrible plot device.

• Kormac67
    807 posts

Well Ubi probably doesn't want some [censored] make a video of mass murdering monks and nuns in a monastery and upload it to Youtube. Bad press.
    You saw Eivor spare civilians in the trailer and they announced you can't make Eivor behave out-of-character. So deal with it.
    I agree civilians should not trigger the booby traps. (Which are out of place in a viking game anyway...)

• DaelosTheCat
    167 posts

This mechanic was okay for older titles when we were playing actual assassins. They are bound by creed to not kill innocents. But ever since Black Flag (with a "pause" for Unity / Syndicate), AC games were trying to be less about assassins and more about "this character is an X (pirate / medjay / mercenary / viking), but ALSO does assassin-y things". So de-syncing players works well for assassins (and maybe a medjay), but not so well for a pirate, a mercenary and now a viking.

• mitsunari3
    Original poster 73 posts

@kormac67
    Odyssey (& Origins with ACP on) allow you to kill civilians,
    did anyone upload mass murdering in ACO to youtube? most gamers don't care.
    if you upload mass murdering in game in 2020, you're 19+ years late already.
    Stainless Games & Rockstar got all the controversies 20 years ago already lol.
    you can no longer get "free promotion" just from murdering npc.

Viking (TV series) got mass murdering monks scenes, you can try to call that bad press lol.

the point you try to raise is invalid,
    already said that "we are players, not actor",
    ubi promoted as "write your own viking saga" (shameless lie),
    others have also pointed out such restriction is out of place in a viking game anyway.

next historical negationism, ubi montreal can try portraying Mongols & Huns as civilians-friendly.

• mitsunari3
    Original poster 73 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Kormac67
    807 posts

@mitsunari3 Odyssey and Origins did not offer Christian religion bearers as killable civilians.
    I do not say this matters, but there are religious people in positions of high influence (sadly) so Ubi doesn't want to provide leverage for them. Wisely.
    Also Odyssey civilians attacked you, Valhalla civilians don't. Give them a second to run away and be good.

• mitsunari3
    Original poster 73 posts

@kormac67
    if ubi really want to only protect the religous dudes, just bolt the protagonist to death (as god's punishment) when monks get killed,
    or make monks invincible (like children).
    no need to sacrifice the whole mechanics,
    its insulting to tell adult gamers "you can't do this".

just bring back the "Odyssey civilians fight-back" mechanics for odin's sake. a 2020 aaa game lack of this kind of AI is ridiculous.

Suggested Topics