Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 56 Likes/295 Replies/4014 Views
    mitsunari3
    Original poster 73 posts

so far i enjoyed Odyssey most, without the annoying de-sync when messing around with NPCs.
    i thought Ubisoft has learnt how to make games more enjoyable in 2018, but apparently not.
    seriously when its already an 18+ game, stop parenting us on how to play game.

is this a joke that "viking" can't kill civilians?
    promoting it as "write your viking saga" is a LIE.

the horse speed limit (if it still exists in Valhalla) is another annoying pointless restriction.
    AC "open world" just feel pointless, you might as well not include the npc civilians, "look but don't touch" even though we own the games.

there are reasons why AC isn't as big as gta & other REAL open world games.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• dbgager
    158 posts

@mitsunari3 Maybe you should play those games. Its a story. Your not allowed to break that story. GTA is a borefest for teenagers to me...

• mitsunari3
    Original poster 73 posts

@dbgager its not breaking the story when u kill some npc civilians,
    not like i kill story characters.
    also, its "VIKING",

ubisoft doesn't need to improve because of few fanboys blindly supporting their restrictions.

• dbgager
    158 posts

@mitsunari3 Eivor is not a homicidal maniac.

• mitsunari3
    Original poster 73 posts

@dbgager
    1) Eivor is a "viking", (vikings are notorious for slaughtering as if you don't know)
    2) its a game, we are players, not actors.
    3) they promote it as "write your viking saga"

• dbgager
    158 posts

@mitsunari3 In this game you are playing Eivors story. What do you think the Animus is

• mitsunari3
    Original poster 73 posts

@dbgager
    2) its a game, we are players, not actors.

a strict "Animus" is less important than fun, freedom & enjoyability.
    you can change Eivor's everything even gender doesn't match "Animus" already

killing some npc civilians won't change eivor's story

• dbgager
    158 posts

You have plenty of freedom to play is as you see fit as long as you stay within the boundries. Going around slaughtering towns full of people is not within those boundries. Why do you want to do that anyway. . Kill enemy soldiers not innocent non weaponed people.Its about honor.That is not honorable and not Eivors way. That would make you a far worse person than even those you are trying to get revenge on.

• mitsunari3
    Original poster 73 posts

@dbgager
    we don't have "plenty of freedom" if you have played more games and can compare what real freedom is.
    its not like i would slaughter every villages, sometimes its just fun to mess around, like if you got only 10 minutes and can't start a mission.

• dbgager
    158 posts

@mitsunari3 don't care..Not something I want to do. Go play GTA.

• mitsunari3
    Original poster 73 posts

@dbgager
    gta got no ancient setting and not focus on melee.
    the feature is already there but locked.
    if you don't care, don't reply, but don't restrict our freedom.

• dbgager
    158 posts

@mitsunari3 People just don't kill others to mess around.. Game is trying to tell a story. Its not a sandbox game. There not going to change that..

• mitsunari3
    Original poster 73 posts

@dbgager games like sleeping dogs, protagonist is undercover police, doesn't stop you from messing around within the game world.
    that doesn't make sleeping dogs a bad game.

this restriction have been discussing in reddit already, i dunno if it has been discussed here, but i'm not the only one who wants a REAL open world

• mitsunari3
    Original poster 73 posts

@dbgager
    they did change for good in Odyssey,
    & they did add feature for you to mess around in Origins,

my point still stands,
    these unnecessary restrictions are why AC ain't as big as other REAL open world games.

i'm speaking out for improvement, increased variety of gameplay.
    if you just want to be told you can only do, go ahead but no need to restrict others who likes freedom.

• UltimatePowa
    61 posts

@dbgager
    You play the game as you want, stop telling others how their game should be played.

• dbgager
    158 posts

@ultimatepowa well guess they will have to find a different game if they want to play that way. ..because Ubisoft also decided they won't allow it.

• mitsunari3
    Original poster 73 posts

@dbgager
    lol you're just repeating the same thing.
    fine, i know you want ubi to parent you on how to play game. not my business.

players are allowed to speak out against removed feature, get it?

ubi wants more profit, we want freedom, its not that difficult to find a common ground and you don't speak for ubi lol

• dbgager
    158 posts

@mitsunari3 Sorry but you cannot kill citizens in Origins or Odyssey. It is not removed feature. The hits do not even register and pass right through them doing absolutely nothing. Who ever is saying that is misinformed.

• mitsunari3
    Original poster 73 posts

@dbgager
    i can in Odyssey, you can go play the game again instead, unless they did changes in the latest update. (i can still steam back to previous version).
    in origins you gotta turn on the XXX mode (don't remember what its called)

• dbgager
    158 posts

@mitsunari3 well in Origins you cannot.. I did not try Odyssey before typing the message.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics