Moved Valhalla: buggy, unfinished and the AI feels like it was ported from 20084 Likes/17 Replies/442 Views
I was looking forward to the game more then CyberPunk yet I had to refund it.
- I got stuck on arriving in England on one of the first story missions, couldn't continue the game
- The AI is honestly terrible, they do not even respond, killed a group of 4 , 1 by 1 non even bothered to attack me.
- The MAP is off you can barely see the tinny the blue and yellow lights (smaller objectives)
- Feels like the game wasn't even tested ... first 45 min into the game I enter the shipyard in Norway ... 6 bugs (can't finish the raid, one chest was floating in mid air next to the boat, the NPC's never responded to their allies being killed, etc.)
- Loot sometimes appears only 15 -30 seconds after the NPC died
- Raiding in Norway is bugged in general I think I was only told twice the raid was a success (once on the intro to raiding and once during the story)
- Odyssey had the camp alarms, which made a bit interesting ... now we got nothing of this sorts.
- Enemies feel extremely weak and predictable, except when you get the combat / input delay bug...
- And even at 4k the aging of the engine is showing.
Before adding new features, please fix the game, update some features and locations to feel more dangerous. Raiding a place were half the NPC's do not even know you arrived is just ....
Raiding should trigger an alarm.
Valhalla can be amazing game but if this is Ubisofts answer to CyberPunk ... well no thx then.
@ongeburz To add:
- The world quest feel cheap, I miss the side missions from odyssey even that they were repetitive it came me something to do while exploring.
- The loot feels off, opening a chest at a camp doesn't feel fun 99% of the time it's ingots.
- Personally I find Valhalla is 3 steps backwards compared to Odyssey or origin. Norway while it is cold and etc. just feels empty and soulless. The previous 2 games had a lot more to offer exploration wise.
While it might be a long list of things I dislike, I am not saying it is the worst game ever. It's just that with Origin and Odyssey you set a certain standard ... which for me doesn't reflect in this game
PierreAngelique 28 posts
@ongeburz Yes I am waiting for some patches to be implement before playing this game because in its current state it is too buggy, and if those don't come out soon I am going to move onto Cyberpunk and happily forget about this game lol. And yes, something seems busted with the AI, I don't remember it being that bad in Origins or Odyssey.
monkeyman477 2 posts
After my first 24 hours of gameplay I have come across many bugs, NPC getting stuck and unable to complete reda quests, reda not even having a prompt to speak to him. one of the quests where I have to capture the cats footfall after the cat appeared I picked it up and it disappeared from my hands and bugged out the camera and stuck that way even after teleporting to a sync spot had to reload a save. Ive died randomly from walking over fallen trees and even gotten stuck inside of geometry. complaints I have about graphics would be the water having a weird updating rippling effect tho slight still quite jarring to look at. and whats the point of having the ability to turn off nudity if the nudists arent nude, that had me a bit disappointed. I havent had this many bug issues with a game since I did early alpha testing for dauntless.
stallattack 34 posts
yea, I got stuck when I jumped to a ladder from the church wall my guy was just hanging there.. lol
@dbgager you are either very lucky or (no offense) you do not own the game. In every thread you mention that there are no issues.
There is a point where you have to admit that this game is a buggy mess vs the 2 previous entries. For people that have issues you replies come over as "not very believable" because many of us are very disappointed. (not your fault of course hihi)
Again if you have no issues be happy, I hope you enjoy it.
seby_urmel 1 posts
@ongeburz I am 35 hours in and I just can't take it anymore. I've had more than 30 crashes already. 30!!! Not mentioning how many times I had to reload a save because of bugs and glitches. I had to google walkarounds missions to be able to play the game. This is absurd for a $60 game. Not to mention the $40 they ask for season pass. This game deserves $60 with season pass included at most. Huge disappointment, although I like the theme.
kniVes-6- 10 posts
@ongeburz It feels like Breakpoint all over again. That game was finally good after 14 months of Ubisoft putting everything back in that made Wildlands good.
I just wish the combat could be tightened up since there is so much of it now and it's easily the worst part of the game. When the AI does finally wake up It's like i can be speared from lunged upon from super long reach distances and that doesn't feel right compared to my poultry reach. It's just totally off and clumsy.
I've played 5 hrs in England and already it is rinse and repeat. The missions in HZD were so much better and felt completely different from the world stuff which was a welcome change. Ubisoft are just too lazy to flush out a well developed mission that feels like a game within a game and instead just relies on the open world to fill missions with content.
When you command the price of masterpieces like RDR2 and get this I can't help but feel ripped off.
daniel_48 2 posts
I really liked Origins and Odyssey.
I loved RDR2, this game was perfect imho even though Western is not my favorite Settings.
I was looking much forward to Valhalla. The setting and some features from RDR2.
I've to say after 30 hrs im much disappointed. Thought when they took 2 years we get something much better then Odyssey.
But this game is so unfished und buggy.
From very little things like petting a dog, while there is absolute no sound from the dog to dealbreaking bugs like I the main story quest disappeared for me and I had to lad a 2hr old savegame.
It feels to me they listened to the Feedback and looked at other games and what makes them great, took those mechanics and throwed them all in Valhalla but the Devs never got the time finish, test and finetune those features and mechanics.
I stop now playing and will have another look in a year or so
Higira 3 posts
@ongeburz The AI is indeed terrible. When a group of soldiers noticed me... 3 of them tried to hit me. While the last one just stood there. I killed the 3 and the last one just kept staring at me, and not moving. LOL
- The MAP is off you can barely see the tinny the blue and yellow lights (smaller objectives) - I mean.. i find this fair. It shows the difference in importance of you wanting to get it or not.
- Loot sometimes appears only 15 -30 seconds after the NPC died - i noticed it needs to wait after the body becomes a ragdoll then the loot spawns.
- Odyssey had the camp alarms, which made a bit interesting ... now we got nothing of this sorts. - you actually do get them, but you dont see them often.
- And even at 4k the aging of the engine is showing. - this was not meant to be next gen.. so, your expectations should be tapered.
- The world quest feel cheap, I miss the side missions from odyssey even that they were repetitive it came me something to do while exploring - i disagree, i really like this world event system. Odyssey had way too much crap to do making it very annoying. In general the side quests warent even any good.
- The loot feels off, opening a chest at a camp doesn't feel fun 99% of the time it's ingots. - i think they did this on purpose. They made it so gear is more unique due to people complaining there was too much loot in odyssey. I think they need to make more though, just not as much as odyssey.
- Personally I find Valhalla is 3 steps backwards compared to Odyssey or origin. Norway while it is cold and etc. just feels empty and soulless. The previous 2 games had a lot more to offer exploration wise. - I think the combat system is far superior than odyssey and origins. Story wise, origins is still better. Odyssey is still trash. Just my opinion though.