Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@viem

its already in th egame, its called pathfiner, its the highest difficulty setting as far as exploration goes...

• aeternali
    13 posts

I agree with the OP.

While I like the stories of both Valhalla and Odyssey, the mechanics are a step in the wrong direction for Valhalla.

I can't believe I have to say this but, Eivor is Viking type, not squirrel type. So, enough of the stupid squirrel obstacle courses.

Several the flying paper tasks are bugged and can't be completed.

Exploration is unrewarding and boring.

Raven is useless, I never us him.

The drinking contests, which I thought would be fun, suck badly. On PC, you have to get it perfect and even if you the margin is too slim.

There are too many elements/mechanics which are just frustrating.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@aeternali

i play on pc too, and winning drinking contest seem next to impossible.
    Dice could be fun, but you cant place any bets, so why waste time on that if you cant earn money from it.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@asgardian02 I'm guessing cos they would make it too easy to earn money? Can you bet on drinking contests and spam them? As I loathe that type of mechanic, I never checked it out lol.

• aeternali
    13 posts

@asgardian02 Agreed, I don't waste my time and do drinking contests at all anymore.

I also am doing less and less exploration because it is so frustrating.

Parkour also sucks in Valhalla compared to Odyssey. I can get around it but it seems arbritrary what I can and can't climb.

Valhalla feels as though I am being lead around on a damn leash by comparison to Odyssey.

Also, who's idea was it not to track the the side quests. That was a really stupid idea.

Turning off other player pictures that clutter the map should also not turn off Opals. I am going offline in Connect to avoid the pictures which also means not see the new items in the store. Saving money though.

All in all, I will get much less out of Valhalla than Odyssey.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@kreutzgang

ofcourse ubisoft want you to spend helix points on silver from their store, thats why you hardly get any silver in the game unless you abuse glitches that is.

drinking games can be repeated as often as you like.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@aeternali

yes in odyssey you can turn certain stuff of from the legenda, especially other players pictures which are often enormous spoilers. Cant do it in valhalla 😞

Exploration in most of these games kinda sux, cos often you have to return to certain spots once more through a quests anyway. Without the quest your locked out and cant get to many places anyway.
    This was in o dyssey the case as well, wa sin witcher3 a problem as well. You'd companies learb and improve their games instead they keep going backwards

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@aeternali Seems to me they made random stuff unclimbable to force you to figure out specific routes. While I get the motivation, it winds me up as it makes no sense you'd be unable to climb obviously climbable trees while being able to climb sheer cliffs. You are also forced to act in a specific way during the narrative castle battles. If you don't just go and rush to do what it says, the enemies seem to infinitely respawn. You also don't seem to be able to clear those castles if you go to them before the main mission kicks in. I tried with the one near Repton and the enemies kept respawning.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@kreutzgang

and after all missions are done there are hardly any places left that contain enemies of any notable challenge.

spoiler

• aeternali
    13 posts

@kreutzgang Agreed, that is why I sort of joke that Eivor is Viking type not Squirrel type. The limit what you can climb so they can set up stupid Squirrel obstacle courses.

<sarcasm> Hey I can climb a tree, but not this one... Also I can climb stone but not this type.</sarcasm>

It was really confusing as to what I could and could not climb at first. I still run in to this.

That is what creates the lead by the leash feeling. They should just set up things to were I can solve it my own way instead of their one way.

Agree completely on the castle thing. That happens a lot with the Map missions, you need to go strait there and bypass a bunch of raidable location because you can't open some areas until you have the mission.

• aeternali
    13 posts

@asgardian02 Not spending anything on Helix points because I had to set Connect in Offline mode to clear the clutter of other players pictures. 😄

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@aeternali

even if you raid places or kill everything in a fort, you then have to complete everything again cos the game doesnt register that.

Thats part of what i liked in Odyssey, if you'd stumble onto a target or did certain things, l ater on when on a quests it counted as completed.

• aeternali
    13 posts

@asgardian02 Agreed, you may have to kill the one target and their guards but not find all the treasure etc.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@aeternali

biggest fail for valhalla though is that they further improve on the transmog system and loot system

I like getting loot from enemies, gear and weapons that is, its fine that its random, cos that gives you a reward and sense of dicovery and exploring to find the perfect statted pieces.
    In valhalla you get flowers from enemies and gear from chests, after all story arcs are finished there is zero reason left to go into the world thast een created

• aeternali
    13 posts

@asgardian02 I am not that far along but I would agree with you. That seems to be where things are headed.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@aeternali

only thing that feels somewhat rewarding is killing tugnston ignots patrols in hamtunscire and glowesctrescire over and over again, only cos they drop tungstun.
    But i am at a stage where every piece is upgrade to mythical even all the ones i never use and i still have 66 tungstun, 50 nickel and some 40 carban bars in stock..

• aeternali
    13 posts

@asgardian02 I am not there yet either. 😄

• WolfKissed82
    21 posts

@viem This will be a petition I could certainly get behind, I have just finished the game and literally explored England, Norway, and Vinland in great detail however whilst I wait for the DLC seasons to start I am going to start another save file and play the game in Pathfinder mode.

Odyssey's imersive environments was beyond stunning and I thoroughy enjoyed the philosophical conversations with Socrates and found the focus on the ISU extremely refreshing. But as I stated there was an over reliance of Ikaros, it was far to easy to send Ikaros out to tag enmies then just quitely take them out.

Limiting Synin to just scouting out the lay of the land rather than telling you the exact position of guards was the right decision to make ( except for the very cool attack feature 😁 ) which I use quite a bit to distract other guards in the area.

Valhalla's world event quest system is a vast improvement of Odyssey's side quest system as it they never felt like you was running through a list of pointless and meaningless quests just to fill a gap in.

I like to be challenged and funny enough this takes me back to when Assassin's Creed 3 was released back in 2012 I seem to recall remembering players moaning about the lock picking system because it seemed to complicated coming from the Ezio games when you would simply approcach a chest and hit the ( B ) action button to open its contents.

Assassin's Creed Unity's combat system was in my view a lot to be desired for as it was a huge step from the traditional counter and attack routines we was used to in previous games as it forced you to use your wit and skill. Not forgetting the Nostradamus Enigmas was fun.

Games should challenge you.

• William_D0g
    9 posts

I hate to say it, but I'm disapointed to the point that I wish I hadn't bought it and really really wish I hadn't bought the Ultimate version.

Do / did all Vikings walk like they were busting for a good sit on the toilet ? Male or female animations are terrible.

Over shoulder camera seems terrible to me for when your clambering about or trying to judge jumps etc, (detest over shoulder cams anyway). Really hope they patch in optional camera settings, at least to centre it for while you're exploring.

Parkour systems feels clunky and unresponsive or all of sudden way too responsive and here I go jumping out into thin air again.

NPC AI, strewth ! You gotta be kidding me, I'm on a rope three feet above their heads and they never see me. As others have said, the response (or lack of it) when you kill someone is... Well I can't use the word I want to use. They don't even try to give you a kicking, and whats with this desync when you kill a bystander nonsense anyway ?

Don't like the skill system layout, spend half the time in there trying to remember where I wanted to put that point I earned.

Gear and weaps feel like meh, anything will do.

The only reason I'm still playing is because I'm exploring England, although I'm feeling dissenchanted with the liberties taken with the lay of the land. I know it has to be condensed somewhat but heck, I shouldn't be able to run the length of Hadrians Wall in ten minutes and where's Whitby Abbey ? That was built in the 600's and the Vikings wacked the snot out of it.

I could go on but what's the point ? I thoroughly enjoyed Origins and Odyssey but this is just hundred quid I could have put to better use elsewhere.

Oh well, time for a sandwich...

• Gravelmead
    62 posts

@asgardian02 Even the Valhalla forums are worse than Odysseys.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics