Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• aeternali
    13 posts

@asgardian02 Not spending anything on Helix points because I had to set Connect in Offline mode to clear the clutter of other players pictures. 😄

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@aeternali

even if you raid places or kill everything in a fort, you then have to complete everything again cos the game doesnt register that.

Thats part of what i liked in Odyssey, if you'd stumble onto a target or did certain things, l ater on when on a quests it counted as completed.

• aeternali
    13 posts

@asgardian02 Agreed, you may have to kill the one target and their guards but not find all the treasure etc.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@aeternali

biggest fail for valhalla though is that they further improve on the transmog system and loot system

I like getting loot from enemies, gear and weapons that is, its fine that its random, cos that gives you a reward and sense of dicovery and exploring to find the perfect statted pieces.
    In valhalla you get flowers from enemies and gear from chests, after all story arcs are finished there is zero reason left to go into the world thast een created

• aeternali
    13 posts

@asgardian02 I am not that far along but I would agree with you. That seems to be where things are headed.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@aeternali

only thing that feels somewhat rewarding is killing tugnston ignots patrols in hamtunscire and glowesctrescire over and over again, only cos they drop tungstun.
    But i am at a stage where every piece is upgrade to mythical even all the ones i never use and i still have 66 tungstun, 50 nickel and some 40 carban bars in stock..

• aeternali
    13 posts

@asgardian02 I am not there yet either. 😄

• WolfKissed82
    21 posts

@viem This will be a petition I could certainly get behind, I have just finished the game and literally explored England, Norway, and Vinland in great detail however whilst I wait for the DLC seasons to start I am going to start another save file and play the game in Pathfinder mode.

Odyssey's imersive environments was beyond stunning and I thoroughy enjoyed the philosophical conversations with Socrates and found the focus on the ISU extremely refreshing. But as I stated there was an over reliance of Ikaros, it was far to easy to send Ikaros out to tag enmies then just quitely take them out.

Limiting Synin to just scouting out the lay of the land rather than telling you the exact position of guards was the right decision to make ( except for the very cool attack feature 😁 ) which I use quite a bit to distract other guards in the area.

Valhalla's world event quest system is a vast improvement of Odyssey's side quest system as it they never felt like you was running through a list of pointless and meaningless quests just to fill a gap in.

I like to be challenged and funny enough this takes me back to when Assassin's Creed 3 was released back in 2012 I seem to recall remembering players moaning about the lock picking system because it seemed to complicated coming from the Ezio games when you would simply approcach a chest and hit the ( B ) action button to open its contents.

Assassin's Creed Unity's combat system was in my view a lot to be desired for as it was a huge step from the traditional counter and attack routines we was used to in previous games as it forced you to use your wit and skill. Not forgetting the Nostradamus Enigmas was fun.

Games should challenge you.

• William_D0g
    9 posts

I hate to say it, but I'm disapointed to the point that I wish I hadn't bought it and really really wish I hadn't bought the Ultimate version.

Do / did all Vikings walk like they were busting for a good sit on the toilet ? Male or female animations are terrible.

Over shoulder camera seems terrible to me for when your clambering about or trying to judge jumps etc, (detest over shoulder cams anyway). Really hope they patch in optional camera settings, at least to centre it for while you're exploring.

Parkour systems feels clunky and unresponsive or all of sudden way too responsive and here I go jumping out into thin air again.

NPC AI, strewth ! You gotta be kidding me, I'm on a rope three feet above their heads and they never see me. As others have said, the response (or lack of it) when you kill someone is... Well I can't use the word I want to use. They don't even try to give you a kicking, and whats with this desync when you kill a bystander nonsense anyway ?

Don't like the skill system layout, spend half the time in there trying to remember where I wanted to put that point I earned.

Gear and weaps feel like meh, anything will do.

The only reason I'm still playing is because I'm exploring England, although I'm feeling dissenchanted with the liberties taken with the lay of the land. I know it has to be condensed somewhat but heck, I shouldn't be able to run the length of Hadrians Wall in ten minutes and where's Whitby Abbey ? That was built in the 600's and the Vikings wacked the snot out of it.

I could go on but what's the point ? I thoroughly enjoyed Origins and Odyssey but this is just hundred quid I could have put to better use elsewhere.

Oh well, time for a sandwich...

• Gravelmead
    62 posts

@asgardian02 Even the Valhalla forums are worse than Odysseys.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@gravelmead

i know right, havent seen a moderater inacter with us or a dev for that matter. Yet on odyssey forums they wre much more active..

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

They are here though, cos they responded to that one ridiculously offensive post 😄

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

i also hate the look of the armor in valhalla, the thegn armor fro example, whats up with those riducously big shoulders pads?
    Its like he is wearing an american football outfit 😞

Just take a look at medieval armor there is so much to choose from..

• Viem
    54 posts

@kreutzgang Even when you don't select an active quest the markers are on the map when you start a main quest but are greyed out. What i would like is an exploration mode JUST like the Mysteries. NO markers, just clues and directions from Nearby NPCs (verbal comments in fields, houses, Inns etc.), notes and letter in the field. Otherwise is not exploration, it's "Looking for the marker"...

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@viem

its in the game hwen you select pathfinder, how hard can it be.
    in valhalal your bird doesnt do [censored] either, so that should suit you. And none of the sidequests even appear in the questlog... so that should make u happy too.

Also why did they remove the box on your ship where you could store unused items.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@viem Odyssey has its fair share of quests where it just says "x is west of y" etc. Doing that for every single quest in a game that size would be a huge amount of work. Valhalla doesn't really have side quests, it just has those mini events where what you have to do is always directly there, and they take a couple of min. to do.

• Viem
    54 posts

@kreutzgang Yeah that would take some extra work and in Covid times i doubt that is possible. Hopefully in the next game in Germany (Cologne is mentioned in the Hidden ones Archives) or Italy (well it all points there... so far). I mean engineering and Anvil (game engine) allows for such type of gameplay.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@viem I also suspect the next one may be in Germany or the Holy Roman Empire. Would be interesting.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@kreutzgang

wouldnt mind a game in roman setting or a truly mediëval setting which valhalla isnt really.
    Ancient japan would be cool too, play a samurai or a ninja if you want stealth

• aeternali
    13 posts

@asgardian02 Love these ideas.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics