Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@gravelmead

i know right, havent seen a moderater inacter with us or a dev for that matter. Yet on odyssey forums they wre much more active..

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

They are here though, cos they responded to that one ridiculously offensive post 😄

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

i also hate the look of the armor in valhalla, the thegn armor fro example, whats up with those riducously big shoulders pads?
    Its like he is wearing an american football outfit 😞

Just take a look at medieval armor there is so much to choose from..

• Viem
    54 posts

@kreutzgang Even when you don't select an active quest the markers are on the map when you start a main quest but are greyed out. What i would like is an exploration mode JUST like the Mysteries. NO markers, just clues and directions from Nearby NPCs (verbal comments in fields, houses, Inns etc.), notes and letter in the field. Otherwise is not exploration, it's "Looking for the marker"...

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@viem

its in the game hwen you select pathfinder, how hard can it be.
    in valhalal your bird doesnt do [censored] either, so that should suit you. And none of the sidequests even appear in the questlog... so that should make u happy too.

Also why did they remove the box on your ship where you could store unused items.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@viem Odyssey has its fair share of quests where it just says "x is west of y" etc. Doing that for every single quest in a game that size would be a huge amount of work. Valhalla doesn't really have side quests, it just has those mini events where what you have to do is always directly there, and they take a couple of min. to do.

• Viem
    54 posts

@kreutzgang Yeah that would take some extra work and in Covid times i doubt that is possible. Hopefully in the next game in Germany (Cologne is mentioned in the Hidden ones Archives) or Italy (well it all points there... so far). I mean engineering and Anvil (game engine) allows for such type of gameplay.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@viem I also suspect the next one may be in Germany or the Holy Roman Empire. Would be interesting.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@kreutzgang

wouldnt mind a game in roman setting or a truly mediëval setting which valhalla isnt really.
    Ancient japan would be cool too, play a samurai or a ninja if you want stealth

• aeternali
    13 posts

@asgardian02 Love these ideas.

• aeternali
    13 posts

I am skipping pretty much everything except the main story because everything, and I do mean everything, is such a pain in the [censored] that the reward is not worth the effort.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@aeternali

good idea

• Karloz1995
    268 posts

@kreutzgang looks like is going to be india

• strax2345
    4 posts

i havent gotten all the way through so i want see all of it before i decide but one game mechanic i do really miss was choices making a difference. i know its still there but its severely played down and of little consequence. just to use an example i forgot the exact quests but earlier in the game you have the choice to kill one of the order in a cave or in public and depending on your choice the order member near the end of the game wont give you the evidence to get your family house back in sparta

• longjohn119
    776 posts
    i havent gotten all the way through so i want see all of it before i decide but one game mechanic i do really miss was choices making a difference. i know its still there but its severely played down and of little consequence. just to use an example i forgot the exact quests but earlier in the game you have the choice to kill one of the order in a cave or in public and depending on your choice the order member near the end of the game wont give you the evidence to get your family house back in sparta

What you are thinking of is the Archon Lagos in Arkadia in who was located in Fort Samikon, if you kill him you don't get the clue you need to prove King Pausinias' guilt ...... The one you have a choice to kill in a cave or in public was The Monger in Korinthia and that only affects your relationship with Brasidas ...... I screwed up and killed Lagos and I remember having to fight my way out of Lakonia with half the Spartan army on my tail ..... But I still managed to hang long enough to kill Pausanias before I left and I didn't get a very friendly welcome at Pylos

• aeternali
    13 posts

Tired of the main mission icon disappearing from the compass.

There is not reason to keep doing this stupid crap to force me to use my useless bird.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@aeternali

yeah its pretty weird you have a quest icon on the campass, and roughly 200meters before you arrive that icon is gone.
    every time i call my bird i realise how useless it is.

I liked the interaction you had with the bird in odyssey where once you found the target he said ahh there he is or something.

• aeternali
    13 posts

@asgardian02 Exactly, I forgot to add the last line that you had to loop it back to Odyssey.

• swampeh
    12 posts

As Assassin's Creed is my favourite game IP, and one that I've spent far too much money and time on than is healthy... playing 700+ Hours in Odyssey alone according to the recent Ubisoft Connect Wrap-Up videos, and buying every top tier Collector's Edition since Black Flag you might think that an AC Game set in my own country that even includes my home town would be high on my favourite games list (no matter how unrealistic the geography and weather 😁 ).

Sadly that's not the case, I have been pretty well disappointed with this outing! Even to the point of questioning whether I'll bother picking up the next one in the series.

Despite supposedly bringing back some of the more Assassin centric features it feels almost like the development team forgot how to make an Assassin's Creed game.. it doesn't build on the previous two iterations, but rather detracts in almost every way... aside from the lovely graphics of course.

The bugginess of the game was about the worst I've seen in recent years, and if a certain other game hadn't released in the apocalyptically bad state that it did I think Ubisoft and AC:Valhalla would have copped a lot more flak than they did do... especially with the dubious timing of the re-introduction of the pay-to-win store options about a month after release (and of course after most reviews!). Not quite as egregious as CDPR, but devious none the less!.

But way to go on priorities... get the MTX sorted before most of the bugs!

Bugs aside, I agree with most of the points the OP and others have made which in my mind make this iteration the worst by a long way from the Layla trilogy. Poor side quests (Except The Prodigy - which was one of the funniest things I've seen in a game! Credit where it's due..

spoiler
    😸 )

I'm even disappointed with the Collector's Edition this time around... I think it's the weakest of all the the CE's since I started buying them at Black Flag...

Oh and can I just point out for Shaun Hastings!... there are loads of sandy beaches in the England, the pebbles are pretty much limited to the South Coast around Kent, Wessex & Hampshire... been bugging me since I read it... 😜

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@swampeh Wales has epic beaches. Too bad they cut it out 😐

Suggested Topics