Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• WolfKissed82
    21 posts

@asgardian02 Right so Vikings ( according to archeological experts and historians and numerous written accounts ) used Ravens to scout ahead during sea voyages to locate dry land, if the bird flew back then it was sign there was nothing ahead, if it didnt return it was sign they was close to a Landing.

This has a correlation with Norse mythology As Odin was said to send out two Ravens called Huggin and Muninn ( Old Norse ) to the world and bring him back information.

I can use Synin to hover above and scout enemies from above and identify threats that turn red much like Odin vision ! I can tag secret entrances using Synin so I dont see what the problem is when reliance on the bird is scalled down.

There is an ability you can asign ( Like Origins and Odyssey ) you can order Synin to distract and attack enemies.

You are a Viking not a Mistios

• Warchild3330
    3 posts

I’ve read that many stated that the Odyssey map was too cluttered, to me it gave so much more to do. The Valhalla map is so sparse you could have added 100 more side missions and still never filled the map. So much wonderfully created open world space wasted. Just build a map 1/3 the current size to show how much less you delivered compared to Odyssey, a giant leap backwards in map size and available missions. Odyssey is the benchmark you need to try to attain or bypass in the future.
    Most bugs are gone now except two completed hoard maps remain in my inventory although they are complete. Oxenefordscire and Eurvicscire maps are offending culprits.
    The large flat fish and large mackerel do not exist on the map anywhere.

Thanks for your time.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@wolfkissed82

pfft... i know all that, but this is a fiction not real historical accuracy.
    As such i want to be rewarded for my time invested. This is my opinion.

As such i find that a game company should try to improve and move forward from previous titles instead of going backwards.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@warchild3330

thats what i am saying, they should i previous titles and see whats cool and further improve those thing.

such as the armory for exmaple where you could save different builds and setups with according armor.
    Instead they removed that and the transmog system and the cool ship upgrade systems and such.

Sure everything is based upon some sort of reality but in the end its still a game where you can do stuff that you couldnt do in real life.
    So instead oif taking itself to serious and taking away all the fun, why not imrpove cool systems

• WolfKissed82
    21 posts

@asgardian02 Thats very true about rewards ( I am totaly in agreement with you ) but when I was playing Odyssey I really felt that there was an over reliance on the use of Ikaros, for example approach a camp or fort tag the enemies and stealthly take them out using chain, it was literally the same over and over again, I feel with Assassins Creed Valhalla it challenges you to strategise and stealthy plan your attacks when clearing camps so I felt that Synnin's purpose scouting surroundings how the enemy is positioned and seeking out hidden entrances is the right limitation

Again thats just my opinion, I like to be challenged.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@wolfkissed82

I never used to eagle in such a way. But if i need to find stuff his extra skill were really usefull and i missed the sense of accomplishment with that in valhalla.

I dont care about stealth or ranged combat, i never hide bodies and such, i always go through the front door and kill everything, the more enemies engage the better.
    Unfortunately there only 4-5 guys at time that attack you and even then they wait turns.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@droid8apple I'm replaying Odyssey now to get a better comparison and Valhalla does feel quite clunky in comparison. I dislike not being able to climb everything. The bird in Valhalla is next to useless, really annoyed me. It's kind of useful for finding where you are meant to go, but only because they remove the quest marker once you get near, and then the area doesn't even remain highlighted. Also, I can fall from anything in Odyssey without taking damage, as I'm on NG+ I'm unsure if you start off like that, but while it's unrealistic, it saves tedious climbing down. Also agree with the NPC's. Both systems are ridiculous actually. In Odyssey, random peasants attack you with brooms and you can slaughter hundreds with no consequences, while in Valhalla you get desync warnings for hitting them accidentally, and in both games they will bumble right into your fights like dimwits.

I did feel godlike at the end of Valhalla, more so than in Odyssey (not counting that ridiculous Ares Madness - or whatever it's called skill), as I can 1 hit people with a bow, while in Odyssey I really suck with bow. I also like the narrative in Valhalla, with some exceptions.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@kreutzgang

also in odyssey due to the merc system you can trigger it so that many come hunting you, if you go to a fort that way at least you have some nice combat flow.

In Valhalla i have actually died a few times already due to killing to many civilians which is pretty weird to be punished for as a viking.
    I get get that we cant [censored] women or anything even though thats what vikings did as well.
    But we do get to raid, just a harmless version it seems.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@asgardian02 Yeah the merc system in Odyssey is great imo, especially as they never stop spawning. It's cool how you can rampage to get tons after you if you like, as well as there being options to avoid them if you prefer, plus you can use assassin skills on them, which you can't on the handful of zealots in Valhalla, unless maybe playing dead works - didn't try.

• Gravelmead
    62 posts

@droid8apple A downgrade in ALL ways. I cannot name one single thing that isn't worse. Odyssey is a mountain which Valhalla never managed to get to the foot of.

• Viem
    54 posts

@wolfkissed82

Exacly that mate! I am about to post a petition for Ubisoft to add an exploration option to remove tagging enemies altogether and quest marks - i don't even use the skill Stealth Recon, becasue it is completely unrealistic.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@viem you could just not use Odin's sight and not select an active quest.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@viem

its already in th egame, its called pathfiner, its the highest difficulty setting as far as exploration goes...

• aeternali
    13 posts

I agree with the OP.

While I like the stories of both Valhalla and Odyssey, the mechanics are a step in the wrong direction for Valhalla.

I can't believe I have to say this but, Eivor is Viking type, not squirrel type. So, enough of the stupid squirrel obstacle courses.

Several the flying paper tasks are bugged and can't be completed.

Exploration is unrewarding and boring.

Raven is useless, I never us him.

The drinking contests, which I thought would be fun, suck badly. On PC, you have to get it perfect and even if you the margin is too slim.

There are too many elements/mechanics which are just frustrating.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@aeternali

i play on pc too, and winning drinking contest seem next to impossible.
    Dice could be fun, but you cant place any bets, so why waste time on that if you cant earn money from it.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@asgardian02 I'm guessing cos they would make it too easy to earn money? Can you bet on drinking contests and spam them? As I loathe that type of mechanic, I never checked it out lol.

• aeternali
    13 posts

@asgardian02 Agreed, I don't waste my time and do drinking contests at all anymore.

I also am doing less and less exploration because it is so frustrating.

Parkour also sucks in Valhalla compared to Odyssey. I can get around it but it seems arbritrary what I can and can't climb.

Valhalla feels as though I am being lead around on a damn leash by comparison to Odyssey.

Also, who's idea was it not to track the the side quests. That was a really stupid idea.

Turning off other player pictures that clutter the map should also not turn off Opals. I am going offline in Connect to avoid the pictures which also means not see the new items in the store. Saving money though.

All in all, I will get much less out of Valhalla than Odyssey.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@kreutzgang

ofcourse ubisoft want you to spend helix points on silver from their store, thats why you hardly get any silver in the game unless you abuse glitches that is.

drinking games can be repeated as often as you like.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@aeternali

yes in odyssey you can turn certain stuff of from the legenda, especially other players pictures which are often enormous spoilers. Cant do it in valhalla 😞

Exploration in most of these games kinda sux, cos often you have to return to certain spots once more through a quests anyway. Without the quest your locked out and cant get to many places anyway.
    This was in o dyssey the case as well, wa sin witcher3 a problem as well. You'd companies learb and improve their games instead they keep going backwards

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@aeternali Seems to me they made random stuff unclimbable to force you to figure out specific routes. While I get the motivation, it winds me up as it makes no sense you'd be unable to climb obviously climbable trees while being able to climb sheer cliffs. You are also forced to act in a specific way during the narrative castle battles. If you don't just go and rush to do what it says, the enemies seem to infinitely respawn. You also don't seem to be able to clear those castles if you go to them before the main mission kicks in. I tried with the one near Repton and the enemies kept respawning.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics